Post your top 5 of all time and guess personalities

Post your top 5 of all time and guess personalities

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YmAGWpqBhyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post-punk, Dream Pop, Industrial Rock, and Art Pop = You are my nigga.

The Cure - Disintegration
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Christian Death - Only Theatre of Pain

why not top 10

because thats overdone

Because David Letterman ruined them for Sup Forums.

Trips have spoken truth.

I think for me my top 5 would be
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Björk - Vulnicura
The Wedding Present - Seamonsters
Black Dog Productions- Bytes
And maybe Strange Times like you or Tin Drum by Japan. Also maybe Kid A, idk.
Man it's hard to limit to only 5 albums, probably think of something else as soon as I post lol

plz no bully

Owns a red car.
Likes long sleeves over short sleeves.
Lives in England.
Lives in California.
Combs hair left to right from his point of view.

>Likes long sleeves over short sleeves
Quite the opposite. Ideally no sleeves if the English weather would allow it. Gotta show off them biceps innit

>tfw you are skipped

spot on tbqh

my Bee
Please my friend, I'm trying to show off my sageness.

loves jesus

You're a lonely 15 year old. You have to be 18 to post here bud.

David Sylvian did not make two records with bees on them for you to skip.

trying to learn an instrument but you aren't very good yet.

takes acid too often. literate.

doesn't shower frequently enough. your parents don't get along. you are a generally good person though and don't ever try to intentionally hurt people.

You dream of falling in love someday

Don't we all?

shit taste. also probably less than 20 years old.

you should kys

literally seconds apart. nice try, samefag.

holy shit me in eighth grade
you're going to discover this website called Sup Forums in a couple months and laugh at pictures of an elongated cat, you have no ideas what the consequences are going to be please don't do it

Did you use to hang out in goth.net and its IRC?

keep projecting, also (You)

does it like turn you on or something to reply to everyone in the thread, call their taste shit, and offer nothing you consider good against it? does it arouse you? does it keep the shadows away at night, does it help you forget? for just a few moments, as you watch the (You)s pile up, just for a moment, can you not think about the darkness creeping in from the corners, the darkness that has a grip of your mind at all other times? does it scare you that the rush you get from this meaningless practice becomes less and less satisfactory every time? do you worry that, perhaps one day, this empty trolling will cease to provide entertainment, it will fail to transport you and you will be stuck, alone, with yourself, with no reprieve?

beautiful.

yes

if only I were that cool
goth sections of...gaiaonline

It could be much worse. I got interested in goth through visual kei forums and mp3 rotation sites.

Bauhaus are fucking awesome.

unironic check mate

So are Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail.

Browses leddit regularly
Probably a very uninteresting person, but doesn't mind it.

>didn't reply to me
Ofc, ik I'm the ultimate patrician

thank john and sleazy
absolute shit chart, don't continue living

all are pretty shit actually
Bauhaus is way too overrated

what's wrong with any of those albums?

Lock the doors

Knock knock

kb - tki
rubber soul (sorry it's obligatory ignore this one)
Q: Are We Not Men?
heavier than a death in the family
boys don't cry

the goth kid is the only person in the thread with a list above 2/5

damn, what a pleb

shit taste

>the goth kid is the only person in the thread with a list above 2/5
Stopped reading right there

What a grim thread this has become

wow I'm going to go kill myself now

yeah of course you did, that was the end of his post. There was nothing left to read. Everyone stopped there.

t. Antichrist

Well, then you read all of it.

ʇoipi noʎ uʍop ǝpisdn pɐǝɹɥʇ ǝɥʇ ƃuipɐǝɹ ɯ,I

Oh right, i couldn't tell because I stopped reading right there out of disgust. Good to know.

if radiohead is in your top 5 you should probably not have them in your top 5

Why?

because if you do you have a shit taste

if radiohead is in your top 5 you should end your stupid life

Yeah but why?

You don't have any peripheral vision?

because they are a superficial band that really hasn't made much real interesting or influential music since they've been around. They have a a sound that well being "experimental" enough is still entirely accessible to even the most uneducated music listener. That wouldn't be a bad thing if that wasn't the limit of their musical depth, but it is. Basically, if you want to choose 5 albums as the best of all time they should not be part of them, it would be akin to choosing a band like Porcupine Tree to put in your top 5

youtu.be/YmAGWpqBhyw

>hasn't really made much real interesting or influential music
They are influential, that's just a fact. The majority of acclaimed pop music now would probably cite radiohead as an influence in some way (e.g arcade fire). Why don't you think their interesting?
>They have a sound that well being "experimental" enough is still entirely accessible to even the most uneducated music listener.
How is that a bad thing? That's an achievement if anything.
>That wouldn't be a bad thing if that wasn't the limit of their musical depth, but it is.
Can you explain what you mean by this? They explore a variety of different styles and use various techniques to achieve a unique sound with each album (which, by the way, they typically a long time working on so there clearly is a lot of effort involved) so if say there is a fair amount of depth to their music.
And even if we're just talking about individual albums (which this thread is about), you can't deny how well constructed their best albums are. They're generally a very fulfilling experience.
But really who are you to judge the emotional impact that a piece of music has on someone else personally?

Sorry for typos btw it's 1am and I'm not in the best state of mind atm lol

>arcade fire
stopped reading there

I don't even like them much I just used them as an example off the top of my head of an acclaimed band post 2000 that have cited radiohead as an influence. There's other examples just use google if you're keen

You're just throwing words around but not giving any reasons or examples to back them up.

>Public castration is a good idea - Swans
>Debut - Björk
>Stationtostation - David Bowie
>The inmost light - Current 93
>Atomizer - Big Black