Why don't every language adopt their own alphabet, based on their different phonemes?

Why don't every language adopt their own alphabet, based on their different phonemes?
It would make learning the language much easier for natives. Spelling reforms would become virtually useless. It would reaffirm each language's identity, and would prevent words from other languages like english to invade others. Plus it would be pretty cool, admit it.
Look at Hangul, the Korean alphabet. It was entirely made up in the XVth century as an alphabet that would actually make sense. Now Korea is one of the country with the highest literacy rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

unicode.org/charts/PDF/U12000.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there is like 50,000 sounds in english

>what are dialects?

That's wrong though, there are 44 phonemes in modern english

What's the point if one script works very well with various languages?

what alphabet would the French be using if not for the Romans?

Something where each symbol doesn't have 2+ different pronounciations, where there are no useless double letters and silent letters
An alphabet where 1 symbol = 1 sound that takes liaison into account would be a good start

we are not turks so something older than romans one

Greek
Seriously, Gaulish used to be written with the Greek alphabet because present-day Marseille was a Greek trading post in ancient times.

It might sound like a spectacular idea to a Frenchman, but the Latin alphabet can actually be used in a way that also makes sense orthographically.

This. English and french are the two languages with absolutely worst spelling, so it makes sense if you're only familiar with the two.

Doesn't Finnish have atrocious spelling as well. I've always felt that Finnish would be a language better off with their own alphabet.

Even with their own alphabets, languages still need spelling reforms over time.

see Thai

really makes me think tbqh

did i say something stupid

i don't directly want to say yes, but saying no would be lying

sorry :(

just fyi, finnish orthography is among the most regular ones that you will find
and don't say sorry, makes me feel bad

nah Irish orthography is literally perfect

Language reform, especially concerning English is basically impossible now due to computers.

English is basically frozen it time.

Yeah. There are only couple of expections (such as -ng/-nk), otherwise letters have very straightforward pronounciations.

lol. I've had an internet friend, that wrote quite like that.

So, Greek? There are a few irregularities but once you learn them they will never change their pronunciation and reading greek becomes easy as fuck.
You make no sense.

Definitely not the case with polish language

This
If you exclude the "x", everything in Spanish is pronounced exactly as it is written

Did you know?
* Korean Hangul wasted Unicode table.
actually some symbols are never used by common Koreans.

*Korean failed to use it in phonetic correct.
Single phonetic sound is noted into different symbols
Suc as 입(ip) 잎(ip)

the job of unicode was never to be efficient, but to encompass all characters, even the uncommon/unused ones

Actually one can always predict Polish pronunciation, just by seeing a word, while it's obviously not a feature of Russian - you write "yabloko"/"яблoкo", but you read "yabloka", you write "siegodnia", but you read "sievodnia", you write "moloko" but you read "malako" etc. etc.

Even Cuneiform is part of unicode now
unicode.org/charts/PDF/U12000.pdf

Greek and french don't have the same sounds though, and possibly not the same number of sounds too. I guess you could add some accents over some symbols to make new ones, but then you might as well make a new alphabet.

Well, it's quite useful for editors since many new tablets are described and published constantly each year.

By the way Unicode have Katakana Japanese never uses due to Ainu language.