If you put a plane on autopilot to fly straight across the world

if you put a plane on autopilot to fly straight across the world
would it fly into space or would it go around the world?

You would fly stright because the Earth is not a globe

1 because autopilot considers straight in relation to the curvature of the earth.

>2017
>still thinks earth is a globe
wew lad

how do i like this comment?

Lol this guy's an idiot.... The curvature.... Dumbass

depends on the speed of the plane...if you set it above escape velocity (in your hypothetical plane) then it would go into space..below that it would circle the earth

you're an idiot. autopilot doesn't give a fuck about the curvature of the earth. it would fly that plane straight into space if it could, but it can't. what would keep it flying around the earth is actually gravity. same thing that keeps fucking everything on the earth from just flying into fucking space.

Escape velocity is somewhere around 25000 miles dumbass how can a lane go Tha fast

Gravity doesn't exist. Just density.

I know you troll, but still:
an Autopilot not only considers direction but also altitude.
/thread

nigtard its a hypothetical plane

This is now officially a dumbass thread post away

Autopilot checks its altitude via air pressure and radar sensors to the ground.
Whether or not the earth is flat or curved, the plane will fly straight relative to whatever shape you think the ground is, because it's going to stay that high above the ground.

You're still a dumbass. I mean hypothetically

Nevermind that autopilot uses GPS, your average Boeing 747 doesn't have the power to achieve escape velocity from he planet.

autopilot as in the plane continues to go straight.

maybe you're right. after all you're so dense i'm surprised you haven't collapsed and become a black hole yet.

well, you're black and you're an asshole so maybe you are a black hole you dumb nigger

mah nigga

your a real live dumb nigger

Good comeback did you wipe that from you're boyfriend's lips

autopilot actually runs off of satleite data (the same data that your internet connects to!) so technically speaking it would fly straight until it passed the satellite which it would then do a 360 and fly away

this

no from your moms anus

You can't set it above escape velocity either dumbass velocity isint a point it a speed u fucking retard fucking dumber than my wife

If you programmed it to fly "straight" then it would appear to ascend at a gradually increasing angle until it ran out of air and the engines stalled, bringing the plane down.

i bet whoever made this thread is a raging homosexual

you monkey assed nigger im talking about setting the speed point on the autopilot you retarded baboon

no but then the autoplito ovbviously isnt set to 'fly straight'
the question says 'if the pilot flies straight' not 'if the pilot flies exactly 1000 metres above sea level (or whatever faggot shit your going on about)

be tolerant. dont assume. this is not the place for that

yo wife sucks nigger ass & BBC

Didn't specify that you moron go to bed you thinking too much gonna pull a muscle u weak puny bitch

Go back to you're cuck thread

>dont assume
im not assuming, i have corroborated a hefty amount of empirical research and data to say, without a doubt, that OP is in fact, an raging homosexual

you are a retarded brainlet who cant even read & your wife sucks nigger anus

Better than you're little white dick

Oh. Well in that case, since all autopilots everywhere are programmed to understand that the earth is round, it plots a great circle to your destination since that's what a straight line looks like on a non-euclidean space like the surface of a sphere. If you want to program it to not fly "straight" but to "increase in altitude at an increasing rate while not correcting for the great circle curvature," you're going to need quite a few extra lines of code because autopilots don't let you do that.

sheeit you are a dumb monkey assed nigger who cant even read right..pic is you & yo wife

But density=mass/volume and mass=force/acceleration force being weight and acceleration being gravity's acceleration or approximately 9.8 m/s^2. So yeah, gravity must be real if you accept the existence of density.

>since all autopilots everywhere are programmed to understand that the earth is round
are they?
also
>implying the earth is round
lets not assume too much here, this is an INTELLECTUAL debate after all......

This pilot knows his sheet err foce 1

I prefer the one on the right.

well if that is true then good work on the research. we need more scientists like urself. keep up the good work

Alright man you hurt my feeling you win this time.... You're still dumb as fuck

> are they?
Yep.
> lets not assume too much here, this is an INTELLECTUAL debate after all......
Wouldn't dream of assuming. All those silly planes just keep crashing, after all, which only proves their great circle programming doesn't work. Flat deniers will wake up sometime and realize the loss of life isn't worth their conspiracies.

Actually it can't, planes need a fluid to travel like air, when there is not air, they can't fly, unless they have some sort of rocket or other ways of propulsion, so it will go straight till the atmosphere is not dense enough to sustain it.

Amen brother

>inb4

Go back to the trash can around the corner in the cardboard box you call home.

nah you are the dummy...i'm a certified genius

Certified by autistic Kevin spacey

Airs a gas not a fluid faggot

Kys

>Airs a gas not a fluid faggot

Trollolololo

This is not reddit you dumb fuck.

Gasses and liquids are both fluids.
You mean that air isn't a liquid.

But every gas is a fluid.

You post a picture of a sharpie in your ass pointing up.
You downvote it you post one of with the sharpie pointing down.

returd detected

Autopilot has a gyroscope in it to tell pitch relative to horizon and correct if the aircraft rolls. It will pitch down slightly to maintain altitude, and stop after to maintain level.

How to prove Earth is flat:
Get powerful gyroscope in gimbaled housing so it can rotate freely to maintain its direction. Regardless of if Earth is flat or round, this gyroscope will stay pointing the way it does.
Fly to somewhere that should be 1/4th of the way around the globe.
Look and see if gyroscope is sideways.
It won't be, because the Earth is flat.

You are totally stupid. Every gasses and liquids are fluids.

What the fuck?