t. average intelligence listener

What about pic related? Maybe TMR?

Ween
They might be giants

Neutral Milk Hotel

scooter

top 40 pop and rap

no fuck off

Dad rock, really smart people don't have the time to look into music other than surface level stuff

Nietzsche, Einstein, Schopenhauer, Joyce...

All obsessed with music.

Okay, there's a bit of cultural divide between 17th-19th century Europe and today

Any really popular artist that is actually good but cool to hate.

The Beatles, Nirvana, etc.

Einstein spent most of his live in 20th century Europe and the U.S. though

metal

the smartest person I know exclusively listens to christian pop and christian rap so that

how smart

Pretty much most things that are considered Sup Forumscore, the stuff on the RYM top 100, etc.
Most good radio pop style stuff released within the past decade or so. Rihanna and Justin Timberlake come to mind. Also a lot of so called entry level guys in classical and jazz like Miles Davis or Beethoven.

as a freshman he got the highest score of our entire university on the putnam and ranked in the top 200 of the nation

Okay but he came from an era where music wasn't nearly as accessible as it is today, or was there near the amount of variety as there is today

Do this one

Sorry on my phone

id agree to this in so many ways
if you are noob then it sounds like "weird bro lmao"
if you have more intelligent ears then you say
"what am I supposed to get off on? these boring changes?"
and if you are average it makes you feel just special enough but not asking for too much and alt rocky enough to get a minorgasm

your least favorite band

id agree but not those two artists im not even being contrarian they have their share of goodish songs but they dont satisfy the higher intelligence

Or like DFA79

wouldn't that be a compliment

I think Kind of Blue would be a really good fit. It's like everyone knows it, so the people on the left all like it. Then you have a backlash of people calling it "entry-level" and "superficial" and "rockist" and then go listen to slightly less popular albums like Out to Lunch or The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady just because to account that curve down in the middle falls there. And then you have the people who actually know jazz and understand Kind of Blue has the reputation it has for a reason and hold it in high regard which is why it swoops up again on the right.

fpbp

yes :)

how do you even read these charts? Does the left mean less intelligent & the right mean smart? So fucking stupid

:)

Exactly what I was thinking of when I referred to Miles Davis.

Amy Winehouse

know how to read graphs?

>So fucking stupid
Explain

jazzman here.
Kind of blue is definitely a fun album, I feel that a majority of negative criticism comes from that fact that it is popular. If you can listen to it closely it has some very nice phrases and its definitely fit for what it is. Nothing crazy but there are some really interesting changes and sounds in that album.

>calls anything else stupid
>can't read a graph
incredible

Like is one graph is essentially asking which bands are for low intelligence people & high intelligence people insinuating that they would enjoy the same band?

And the OP graph is just asking for average middle of the pack person what they would enjoy? Trash MS paint graphs with no clarity made by drooling autistic highschoolers

You described both of the graphs perfectly. I don't understand the problem.

Because it's fucking stupid dude people of different intelligence levels like all kinds of music. It makes zero fucking sense to think someone who's really smart would enjoy the same exact thing as someone mentally retarded. Dumbest fucking thread I've ever seen in my life. Board is so shit now

classical? its really easy to listen to classical music but the middle area feels inclined to be a snowflake and ignore whatevers old, popular, already used sounds.

nigga no one's saying that all smart/dumb people like the band in question, they're speaking generally.

fpbp

BUT

I know some pretty fucking high IQ dudes who listen to complete garbage

Who gives a shit why would anyone ask such a fucking stupid question like this & then make a dumbass graph for it. "Hurr durr what does the average blue-collar type listen to" is essentially the cheapest type of thread topic that there ever was next to "What do girls listen to man"

Dumbest thread ever.

this

agree on ween

Beat Happening

Foo fighters

Savatage: Hall of the Mountain King or Power of the Night

50 cent

That's metal

Despacito

Agreed

What about pic related?

Beach Boys, also classical music

Beatles

weezer

How long have you been on Sup Forums? Or Sup Forums in gerneral?

what about this?

Coldplay

This entire board for the most part. You can tell a critic is getting mediocre when they decide to not review what is groundbreaking for what is popular. Even worse is when their taste is mediocre to start with but is increasingly shaped by the industry they think they are outside of. Ignoring what is outside of the industry to keep up with what they are being fed by the machine for a critic is the nail in the coffin.

Sweet dreams are made of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Great album

Yeah, if you're a pleb, sure

David bowie

Mediocre top 40, since that's essentially how it sells and gets to the top 40 in the first place. Just dig up any album that people have totally forgotten but had some popular singles at the time

Tears for fears

wow, a minimalistic unkown pleasures t-shirt

Dream Theater

A bit above average, but falls quickly after that

chuckles desu, maybe your attention span is just not great enough to enjoy a song beyond 5min

I know some very intelligent people who listen to Dream Theater, although I don't like them anymore.
Anyway, there is not actual correlation distinguished between music taste and intelligence anyway, this whole thread is just mostly snowflakes circlejerking their own taste