What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism?

What does Sup Forums think of Buddhism?
Personally I have had dreams of past lives my entire life, I’ve got no proof they are real but it makes me happy to believe they are and to believe that what I believe is right and I am doing the right thing.

All the people on here enjoy debating Christianity is there no one wanting to talk about some of the other religions?

It's difficult to shut down Buddhism because it isn't completely far fetched

OP you are the silliest billy of billies that ever were.

What do you like about Buddhism?

There's no good reason to believe reincarnation is true.

Reincarnation has nothing to do with Buddhism. Lay off the bong and go to the library.

>Reincarnation has nothing to do with Buddhism

Buddhism is all about reincarnation and karma, sorry mate.

>believing something subjective is objectively true
topkek m8

Still better than christianity jewdom and especially fucking islam

Why is that?

There is no god per se in bhuddism who wants to control your everydays life.
Bhuddism simply put just says that if you do good youre reborn into a "high tier" animal/person or low-tier if you do bad

No offence, but Islam is superior compared to the other Abrahamic religions and other religions as well. Islam and Zoroastrianism are the best religions.

Blatant lies.

Nah m8
If we compare really REAL islam (sharia) to the others: nope. Barbaric shitstain in todays world.

Lies? This is all opinion, and that’s mine.

Buddha was a fat cunt. Notorious B.I.G was a better rapper than him

Both Christianity and Judaism (especially Judaism) have a similar sort law system. Stop watching your FOX news crap.

Then your opinion is shit.

Buddha was actually pretty skinny. and Biggie sucks dick

The difference being that Judaism went through a reformation and Christianity has a handy clause that lets them separate politics and religion. Islam has neither of these things.

Actually no. Countries abandoned their religious law system and founded their own. Secular countries - state and religion are seperated

People always gonna be controlling your everyday life. Even your own desires control you.

How can you say there is a system of divine justice in place without a god putting it there?

How is it a punishment to be born a fly? What if everyone decides to be good and no flies are born? All those rotting animals in the wild without flies to eat them?

What about people who call themselves "high-tier"? Are you lower tier if you're born into Indian slums? What if the slums are made that way by bad people? Bad people who call themselves high-tier?

they may not believe in a deity, but it's just as dumb as other religions in that you're expected to believe in a bunch of stupid shit that isn't true

This is true. No religion is as rich and pure and well recorded as Islam.

> Islam is a non-Pacifist religion.
> Males are dominant in this religion.
> No PC bullshit allowed.
> True justice for crimes.
> Homosexuality punished badly.
> Family values taught everywhere.

Some things must be changed though, such as all Muslims can marry each other. Too many niggers are in this religion.

Im actually not religious but the idea of bhuddism would suit me better than an allmighty god who detests nonbelievers and wants to wage war against them and wants you to be like how he wants or youre going to hell.
And yes im aware that most religions adapted to our modern beliefs and morality. Im just speaking for the basic concept.

Back to >>Sup Forums with you.

Well recorded in terms of slaughtering and terrorism i guess

I don’t care for the history behind Islam, I care what it teaches and it teaches not to be a fucking faggot. Whites are denying, because we’re faggots.

I can see why Hitler liked Islam, especially after reading Meir Kampf and understanding his thoughts.

You can not be a fgt and still be against barbarism. PC fucking sucks but so does braindead slaughtering and oppressing people.

Islam doesn’t teach any of that and you know it. And don’t even fucking bother trying to post verses from “islamsucksviolentverseshere.com”. It’s Jew bullshit.

Secularism is evil, it killed Christianity. Any Christian that supports secularism is a true retard.

go for it OP. what you said is basically right. If it makes you happy believing that there is a higher purpose to all this, then why the fuck wouldn't believing in it be a good idea? Just go with it OP, don't stress the details and just be happy.

Islam doesnt teach it but its sharia law system in muslim countries do. Mmkay.

Buddhism is a great starting point to approach the sacred. I would encourage you to consider the ideas of Buddhism because it is the foundation, the skeleton, of most religions to date. It will help you to understand the true religion by illuminating what the "self" is. This "self" most likely rules you at this moment.

Islam during its fruition co-existed peacefully with other religions, really only wanting peace. Wars started when other people broke the peace pact, they were attacked and they were forced to go to war.

black m1rror

Today I see shit like Christian feminism, homosexual priests and Christian homosexual marriage. Christianity is dead.

Judaism, well, I'm not even gonna talk about this one.

Islam is the only religion that is keeping the people in the Middle-East sane, over there men are men and women are women. What Muslims suffer from is the propaganda money machine from the Saudis spreading their filthy ideology, effectively turning Muslims into complete degenerates.

Many Muslim nations in the Middle-East are very young (ironically enough, they live where some of the oldest civilizations where). These Muslims can't grasp the idea of a nation, they identify as a Muslim first, then as an Egyptian, Syrian or Iraqi. That's why they're countries are in a complete shit state.

All religion promotes violence because we are monkeys who naturally attack nonbelievers

The problem with nazis is that they'll attempt to co-opt basically any belief system in order to justify their abhorrent beliefs to themselves.

Islam teaches that mankind is one and that knowledge of god has nothing to do with ethnicity i.e He who is close to god is superior to he who is without god.

Hey Op here I abandoned thread because there were no replies, Then I come back to this!
Glad to see such spirited discussion

A few things I think I should clear up: First Buddhism appeals to me because I have encountered many situations in my life where I believed I have lived before.

Also to the many of you who seem to believe that karma is punishing you by reincarnation as a fly you are mixing the beliefs of Hinduism and Buddhism, the Hindus beleive that Karma is punishing them by reincarnation on a lower tier.
However Buddhists beilieve that their next life is merely dependent on what lessons Karma is trying to teach them and is not necissarily a punishment but more of just “okay now In this life I will learn something new” no one life being any less or more pleasant or important

Thank you but ill pass. Religion is nothing for me. I "belief" in humans earthly doing. I dont need a scripture from the past to guide me in any way or form.
Im just me, i live my life and try to occasionally do good and be friendly to others and thats it.

I'm not attacking you. Religion is the antithesis to the animal brain which is prevalent today, The tribal mindset is inherent in man and god knows that. People go around acting like animals don't they? One true religion is the unification of god and animal.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these"

This is essentially my view point as well if I’m happy believing it and I feel as though I am right and I do not hurt anyone or preach to them no one can complain right?

It’s not necissarily an expectation of belief though, one can be Buddhist and not believe in any form of reincarnation although I personally do, it is merely a path to greater enlightenment through detachment and living a more thoughtful life, if you do not believe in the reincarnation you will still be reincarnated.
The easiest way to understand that is do you think that a fly has any capacity to beleive anything? No. So beleif is obviously not a necessity to the reincarnation

Bhudda Fuck me, Bhudda fuck you - GOD i miss those nerds

You believe in just one life? A friend of mine got high and read the Quran, said it felt like he peered through another dimension and traveled through time.

The tribal mindset is what has held humanity back since the start.
We are on the brink of creating a true upper lifeform. How would god classify an AI?
Could it be damned? Can it sin?

What you call "sane" is in my eyes insane (for how Muslims do things in most parts).
Dont get me wrong, im no pc sjw cuck, but muslims still wage their religion above all and still kill each other in our modern world just because the one group is sunni and the other is not.

I just want to have a freaking middle ground, just like europe had around the 80s: no such shit like 147262genders and crimes punished like they should.

that's a cute example of how you don't have to believe in something for it to be true

but that doesn't mean that it's smart to believe in things that aren't true

believing in reincarnation makes as much sense as believing in young earth creationism

Yes i do. One life - one try.

If you look close enough many religions teach the idea of reincarnation. It is taught in the old testament and is the basis of the new testament.

"Destroy this Temple, and in three days I will raise it up again" - John 2:19

Jesus died and was made alive again. As was his friend Lazarus.

He will say: "What number of years did ye stay on earth?" They will answer: 'We have spent there a day, or part of a day; but ask those who [are able to] count [time]..." He will say: "You stayed not but a little,- if you had only known! Did you, then, think that We created you in mere idle play, and that you would not have to return to Us?." Quran 23:112

The AI was warned of by John of Patmos. You're asking for a computer god with no humanity, and one that is accessible and able to be manipulated by human parties. You'd be a fool to welcome an ai god, and its told those do accept an ai god will suffer greatly. Not my words.

Then you shall live one life and perish as nothing. Dust in the wind as they say, no loss at all.

What makes it a god and not just a disembodied lifeform? One of countless that could exist in the universe.

I agree with you that it does not necissarily make sense, but in my life and the culmination of experiences that I have had it has appeared to me to be the most likely of beliefs to be true. However if I am wrong I am also comfortable with the idea of all things becoming black, and being gone forever.

All religion are horrible and disgusting, buddhism is probably the least evil of all religions.
Still bullshit though

And im fine with that. I dont fear death and dont need to picture an afterlife as a sort of reward.
I do good just for doing good i dont need a reward for such simple things.
And even ashes are part of the world. So im not only "lost" in time.

the ai dictates justice, business/economy, how human beings spend their time and what they eat. ai is created by man so its priorities are for material things such as profit, health and profit. It's levers are pulled by a selfish human a la the wizard of oz. It's data and fuel are the selfishness, ugliness, of human so that is what it will promote.

the ai will dictate every action you take and will be given to the hands of selfish humans.

Just like a selfish god created humankind to act like he wants to?

You fear death by nature of your ego. We all know you fear death because you are ego and ego dies upon death. Ego is also toxic and corrosive so it is good that it dies, so whilst you are a hindrance you do not last.

You cannot consider god but you look into the mirror and hate against god. That is why humor exists.

Op here
Religion in and of itself is not horrible, in essence they cannot be bad or good because they are only ways of life.
It is people who subvert and pervert religions and the intents they were created around.
Even to the people practicing violent and tribal religions they beleive that what they are doing is right because their faith has been subverted by others.

What I would say about Buddhism is that while it has done very little in the way of evil it is also not inherently good, it is those who beleive it and create opportunities for people to do good and garner good karma that is good, but in and of itself to beleive it has no purpose without action.

Nah m8. Dont try to put thoughts into my mind when i havent. I simply do not fear death. Period.

From the Buddhist perspective there is no reason to fear death for it is the natural way of things and the gateway to your next life

The AI will be created by the AI before it in a never ending cycle of evolving.
We are truly lesser lifeforms compared to this.
These upper lifeforms almost certainly exist in other parts of the universe. We are insignificant and small compared to this

No, religion is evil.
Religion is about normative ethics, controlling and oppressing people.

The ego is foolish and will worship whatever comes its way. If you choose to worship a god of tribal man, I will oppose you on that.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe you'll be me in a next life. I have a few advice in that case

As for somebody who's actively reading about Buddhism and Zen studies from monks to some of Allan Watts books, Buddhism appealed to me because it allows you to focus your mind in the present moment in the present time. Not to say you don't plan for the future, but you do not worry about it.

You don't cling to the past for reassurance, nor do you see the future being bleak or wonderful. What you are now is what you are.

With Buddhism it's more open than other "religions." (although it isn't one.) It offers you advice to finding the core of your person, to do away with the ego and make way for a more positive impact towards the world and other people. It does this by opening yourself up and finding what /exactly/ is desire? How can we learn to not let it control our lives? Suffering is everywhere around you, but only if you choose to accept it. After all, if somebody insults you and you don't accept it, who does it now belong to? If somebody gives you a gift and you don't accept it, it still belongs to the owner of it.

"When a student asked Watts what enlightenment felt like, he said if felt very ordinary — but like walking slightly in the air, an inch above the ground. And that is exactly how I felt — every day."

Sup Forums has already spoken faggot.

The problem with most religion is that they arent purely made for goodness and peace. Many aspects of religions were made to "juste be the only truth" and thus waging war (physical and mental) against the others. You cant only blame the people who were told to do as their religion and prophet says and only his word is what counts since they were little kids.

In my mind all that separates you and myself is ego, which some call Satan. But is Satan all bad? Not at all! If you look at all scriptures Satan was always a highly venerated character of the pantheon before he considered free will. Is not our story the reconciliation of free will and god himself? Still though, Satan is the cause of all evil -- it is why he had had many names throughout the ages, just like god!

God does does permit you death, sorry to tell you, he commits you to learning.

You will be shown the fire in order to reduce your arrogance. Would you like to know what it is?

Satan is the cause of all evil? I dont see it that way actually. God created life with a free will. That is the root of evil. If God himself want humankind to do what they want, isnt he actually giving the evil its chance? And isnt satan just seperating the bad from the good in their afterlife - thus doing good?

I'm dying to know

What? Consider life as 50% death and 50% life - which percentage do you worship? People who worship death in life are trash, garbage, a waste of space, people who worship life are decent and trodden on by people clinging death, hence the words of Jesus.

Jesus literally hates life clinging and hateful people. You all treat Jesus as a mascot but he will mess you up, you take him as a pass but he will punish you without doubt. Persist as you may but you will fail.

Satan is a tool of god, worships god, so if you are a heretic what is to become of you?

> /x

What if I worship neither? I also believe in immortality

You die and are not even dust in the wind. You just die.

What if I had no body and lived forever? Did I beat the system?

Remember when you weren't born?
No?
Exactly!
Same shit.

You are punished forever by your arrogance. Have fun simple single user. You bore us all.

Your close mindedness never ceases to entertain.
You simply can't fathom life beyond the organic form

You do not escape the way of Yahweh.

Fundamentally, you can't help other beings because change is an illusion: past, present and future are static parts of the universe. Also, it's wrong to anticipate "nothingness" after death. Nothingness is a logical impossibility. Due to the monistic nature of being, we are all parts of the whole. Each part quantitatively and qualitatively distinct from any other part. There is no "you" that passes through time. Just many stages that agree you're an enduring object due to self referential memory states (creates a narrative of self). So death then would be more of a junction between a subject of one kind to another. Do we know what "we" will experience after death? No. But it won't be nothingness, but rather something akin to the first conscious moments of a new memory narrative (person). We are all one, yet distinct simultaneously. The Buddhist teaching that you can escape existence through merit, sadly in untrue. One can never escape being, because one is of being, and will always be of being.

Implications: we'll experience indefinite body incarnations that include the highest bliss, worst tortures (burnt/skinned alive, chopped up, etc), and everything in between. Only exceptions are transfinite regions of spacetime that structurally don't allow suffering (or any kind of experience for that matter) or have an amount that is relatively tolerable, but we don't live in those regions.

Buddhism is about Truth more than belief.

Have fun with your nonsense you will never live to see paradise. I'm glad you will never see paradise cos you're junk and i would hate to be anything like you. You are cancer and die with the world. Thank the Lord you ditch yourself in your arrogance because then you will die forever and we will be without you. You stink, you're bad, you will die forever; good, you're toxic and we all will sing when you die. All good gracious we will sing when you die!

Did I upset your beliefs user?
Typical for a close minded science doubter to resort to this when questioned about the nature of consciousness

Islam is science. See how your white people corrupt science for their own good -- they hate you even Lilly skinned, So much aristocracy in the world that commanders deserve death. Mainly because they are literally boring as hell will pale humanity be sent to death. Accept it or come to truth already. There's no choice between absolute humanity and absolute cancer/hell. You choose hell and I don't even care -- you deserve it so carry on.

You realize your entire counter-argument is based on fear mongering?
I understand you were raised this way but I was not

Well according to the mindfulness book I'm reading, that's not true at all. You're not expected to believe anything. it is a set of propositions that you can investigate for yourself and see if it's true or not. Buddhism doesn't advocate believing in something just because some authority figure has said it.

I was raised in atheism just like you. god accepts everyone..

>DUDE WEST SIDE LMAO
>DUDE WE WUZ GANGSTAS AND SHIT

Kill yourself, faggot.

So many Muslims and Christians have Buddhist statues in their houses.
I don't get it, 98% of everyday humans I interact with just wear masks, while their every thought is disgustingly full of "horror".
Though, that's just reality, I'm still intrigued why go through all that shit and try to look "good".

Then why do you resort to fear mongering?
I bring to the table that souls do not exist based on that we are in the process of creating an artificial consciousness.
You claim this is against god and such thinking will land a person in hell

I believe certain things without religion; I know things before they even happen.

You know the uncertainty of this statement?

Go ahead and make your ai, it's already been created since 2000 years ago and more. I won't laugh as you reside in hell, but I will enjoy my time being so. I will be grateful that you don't exist in my periphery.

Let it go Jim.
Java is slow.