So Assassins Creed Orgins is being talked about as the best game in the series

So Assassins Creed Orgins is being talked about as the best game in the series.
What do you anons think?
My opinion is It feels very grindy to me, and I'm forced to do side quests in order to level up to do the main story. The story is pretty good and it's actually made me feel attachment to the main character, the combat is fun, and the leveling system is addictive. The world is massive and interesting.
I'm looking for some input on others experiences?

Nothing will ever best AC2.

They're pretty much all the same.

>Implying Brotherhood wasn't 2 on steroids

I thought brotherhood was better

Played it today on ps4. The storyline is one of the best of the AC series, also doing sidequests is a good thing so you do everything in stead of only the main story

Black Flag was better.

Black Flag was better

I like side quests and the variety of them in origins is pretty good, but I don't want to be forced to do them in order to progress to the main story, sure one or two once in awhile, and some hunting if I want better gear, but I have to grind for hours to progress one more story mission

Are you talking about that mission you must wait for someone to get your camel ready?, i've been waiting now for 1,5hour. The enemies seems stronger and will attack more frequently and harder. I like the enviroment.

>best game in the series
>worst location
>made up fake history
nah no thanks. could have made a gook game with plenty of history and lore that actually happened.

Theirs nothing historical about the previous assassin's creed stories.

>Saw it for £32 in a Black Friday sale.
>Watched some reviews and gameplay vids on youtube.
>Still don't want it.
I'll buy it when it drops to £15 or so, like I did with Unity and Syndicate. It just doesn't seem that appealing to me.

>Ubi asks for location settings from fans
>Majority of responses say "Ancient Egypt"
>Ubi sets game in Ptolemaic Egypt
Only 2,500 years off the mark there, Ubisoft.

Literally every single game is bullshit fake history

This

They had to set up assassination of Caesar since they already established Brutus as one of the earliest members of the order.
Wrote themselves into a corner and yeah it’s dumb

Because fuck you, you think what we tell you. You'll fuckin buy it again, just shut up and fork it over.

Haven’t bought once since Black Flag

It's a better game than Syndicate, but Syndicate has the best setting in the series. Free roaming the London map is brilliant, the game itself is crap.

With Origins the setting is crap (or at least badly done), but the game itself is ok.