4. Ben Zobrist (S) 2B
5. Addison Russell (R) SS
6. Jason Heyward (L) RF
7. Willson Contreras (R) C
8. John Lackey (R) P
9. Jon Jay (L) CF

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Cubs/status/852304329599893504
latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-transportation-funding-bill-20170406-story.html
chicago.suntimes.com/news/man-shot-critically-wounded-in-rogers-park-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You looking for thirty minutes of shitposting or what?

I usually post the threads for most Chicago sports, and i always start threads 30 minutes to an hour earlier. Lots of people like to shit post before the game starts

Ring ceremony senpai

Go Cubes!

How insecure are Chicago faggots?

Lakers 16
Chicago sports: 18

Fucking pathetic city full of pathetic, fat fucking people. You will never be NYC or LA.

Do not reply to bait posters

>twitter.com/Cubs/status/852304329599893504

bloody hell the ring looks SICK

>never be NYC or LA

Thank god. Thank FUCKING god. you guys. Can you imagine living somewhere in which the air is fucking toxic not have enough water?

latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-transportation-funding-bill-20170406-story.html

You see this? All free baby. All Chicagoans have free water included in our utilities. We fucking own a lake bro. I could leave my faucet on permanently and it would be alright.

Meanwhile people in California are sucking dicks for sips of water on your dirty street corners.

They are giving the rings to every fucking one who cashed a check from the cubs last year. Some lady called into 670 earlier today who was a part time seasonal tour guide (75hrsa yearmaybe) and she is getting a ring. Im jelly

>tfw Pedro Strop wears his during the game and everyone who complains about his hat gets extra ass-blasted every time he pitches

pacific soundtrack and now lord of the rings. interesting cusb

Never realised how much I wanted this until now.

>having lester catch it

based

>tfw massive diarrhea shit so missed the ceremony

Damn you get Chicago radio signal in Rockford still? I would have thought you guys had a Quad Cities radio band just for yourselves or something

oh, yeah no I live in dupage also. I use rockford as a meme on another board. What part of dupage is in chicago?

>tfw I unironically live in Rockford

Don't ever come here lads, it's not worth it.

The bottom sliver of O'Hare extends into DuPage county, and since O'Hare is technically in Chicago, a tiny part of Chicago is actually in DuPage county.

But I'm actually in Lincoln Park, Chicago. There's something wrong with extra flags it doesn't let you set it to Chicago if you try using Cook County, so I'm forced to used DuPage county if I want to set it to Chicago.

And since I was born and raised in Naperville, it all works out. I can rep the Dirty Six Thirty and Chicago at the same time

im sorry to hear that

>tfw 312 despite living in dupage

what the fuck was that ending to the anthem? dumb nigger emphasizes 'the' and not 'brave'. all for his voice to falter.

>shit congo

>one of my roommates used to live in a shitty area of Rockford with his brother

Sounds awful lad

I don't think they'll ever be a specific partnership like Lester and Ross in the Cubs in a long time. Contreras is a great replacement skill wise, but just seeing Ross always ooze with confidence even though everyone knew about Lester's short coming was great.

Moment of silence boys; I lived in Roger's Park for a year and thought it was dog shit; one of my friends from Rockford came to visit and laughed his ass off when I told him I was scared i'd get mugged by some dindu

>Thinking you'll get attacked by some black elderly person living in one of those shitty retirement homes on the lakefront.

You're more likely to get shot on the North Side of Evanston these days than Roger's Park you fucking pussy.

I've lived here for 30+ years and never been close to being mugged or shot or stabbed. Then again I stay away from the bad areas, which admittedly is a pretty large chunk of the city.

>Lackey

Lol

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

>Lackey

is lackeys career over?

>Lackey about to get tossed one batter into the game

Lackey is throwing meatballs tonight boys

>Lackey picking a fight with the Ump 3 pitches into the game.
Good for him, that strike zone was bullshit.

>He gives up a double
Shiiiit, maybe it would be better for him to get tossed if he can't get settled.

chicago.suntimes.com/news/man-shot-critically-wounded-in-rogers-park-3/

I used to excluseivley use the Jewel on Howard Street in Evanston; it's fucking prime gang territory. Always some dindus getting shot. Luckily they usually leave the white/asian people alone, so I usually don't get harassed. But I think a couple of them were trying to surround me to play the knock out game on me, but I managed to get away by pretending I didnt speak english

never liked him

Those were balls don't kid yourself
At bat agrees they were balls

>lackey chimping out

>brought to you by Kek medicine

Why the fuck does he look 10 years younger?
This was only 3 years ago.

Lackey pls strike out a gonz then dp

>2 hits, one walk, 0 outs

>matte blue helmets

Why did the cubs change their uni's that shit looks awful

It's only for the first homestand

It's for just this series. Royals did it

It's just for the banner and rings ceremony

Because winners deserve to win gold, it's something Doyler fans will never understand.

kek

>muh shekels

another jersey to sell

Going to the game friday

whos supposed to be pitching?

zambrano

Look it up @ chicagocubs.com

I swear every game I went to back in the day was zambrano. I saw glendon rusch pitch like 3-4 times one year also kinda odd

>Arrieta, Lackey and Zambrano
The Triumvirate of pissed off looking starters.

Add in Paplebon and you can bet at least one fist fight will break out.

Get the bat off your shoulder guy

Grand Wizard Lackey gets his KKK.

>tfw you saw Edwin Jackson pitch

wtf was utley doing??

Zambrano was only pissed off cause he sucked

seriously what is it with the dodgers and fucking up with the bags loaded. Teams might as well start walking the first three batters of the inning when playing against them for a guaranteed scoreless inning

Tfw you have pictures of Carlos marmol striking out the side in prime time 08, you took from seats close up. ;_;

>risp

This shit is just ridiculous

even with prime marmol he probably still walked the bases loaded before hand

too old, can't pull the trigger
piss poor situational hitting club for as long as i can remember. always trying to mash when a single will do the job

Nah it was the season when he was lights out. He was so good then was total worthless shit

Post your face when Schwarber hits a ball to right field so hard for his dinger tonight, you can see the wind visually warping around the ball.

marmol had the best walkout soundtrack for any cubs reliever ever

youtube.com/watch?v=k7LvjhASLIg

Can't wait senpai. I'm here ready

IT TAKES TWO

Why do my hips move on their own whenever I hear Rizzo's walk up music.?

That's a dope picture, but our drought is basically over. Nice try tho

>its a never ending street sign captcha episode

RIP Soler power

better fix that dam

Like batting practice for based puig

Tell Heyward I love him please

how has mccarthy looked

mccarthy should just strike out swinging for the fences like the rest of the lineup

It's sad when we gotta let 'em go. Part of me misses Soler Power/Trade Castro times but we're a better team without them.

Yeah it only took you over a hundred fucking years to become winners again.

I miss posting this pic

>Cubs are an iconic franchise
>Indians are just historic
HA HA

Is there someone else Heyward looks like start calling him that to see if you can get him to turn around.

I did that during the NLCS where I shouted with some other people at Frank Thomas, 'HEY, IT'S BO JACKSON!'

We're fine don't worry

>I did that during the NLCS where I shouted with some other people at Frank Thomas, 'HEY, IT'S BO JACKSON!'

kek. user at the game please do this.

like his prime self since spring t.

Good things come to those who wait.

>Is there someone else Heyward looks like
He always reminds me of Derrek Lee - tall lanky bobblehead

>Doyers with RISP

Did everyone in this thread die?

its way better now than it was 2 years ago

Maybe we're actually watching the game instead of shitposting?

fag

>commercials

really liking have schwarbs batting lead off