If the planet was this hot 115 thousand years ago, when there were no man made forms of pollution to add to the problem...

If the planet was this hot 115 thousand years ago, when there were no man made forms of pollution to add to the problem, then surely we can't be held responsible for the warming of the planet now days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cM8GPxN6XwM
theguardian.com/environment/2006/sep/19/ethicalliving.g2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This whole problem is playing on the narcissistic tendencies of the public (especially the leftist snowflakes). The moon, Mars and even Jupiter and Saturn anre rising in temperature.

Either they admit to their colonization of these other worlds or they shove the argument up their colon.

What humans are responsible for is the acceleration of rising temperatures, not just high temperatures.
Meaning that because of humans the temperature the earth would've climbed in 500~1000 years are being accomplished in far shorter time.
Then again, that might also means the next ice age is coming sooner.

Also, sage goes in all fields.

But the rise in temperature among other bodies within our system is comparable to Earth's increase. It's just a big guess that people accept because the only figures they've ever seen are from our own planet.

It's all about not informing of the time scale properly.
Climate change it's natural, it's just that- it needs millions of years to complete.

the planet is supposed to change over time, but not this fast. at the current rate of change its possible that we alter the climate enough to kill ourselves.

time 0 is now. this is the last 420,000 years.

i assume you knew this because you specified "115 thousand". what do you get out of this bullshit?

youtube.com/watch?v=cM8GPxN6XwM

Just because we've been here for a shorter period of time than the sun doesn't mean that we're a larger influence on temperature fluctuation.

>herpderpmuhleftistathiestcommunist.

To think that my investments in order to build a factory that produces your favorite tennis shoes is a form of violence is brainwashing. To recognize that a giant ball of fire in the sky is a bigger influence on the mahor bodies of the solar system and, thusly, our planet's climate than cow farts is just common sense and is supported by proper [read: not propagandised] science.

That's retarded logic.

i posted the graph of the last 420000 years. it's natural now.

even if it were caused by coal and oil, all the coal and oil will be burned in 150 years so it'll fix itself after that.

In the hadean eon the surface temperature of the earth was 230 °C (446 °F)
Fucking numbnut that doesnt mean anything.
bad bait

NASA noe says icecaps are growing

ITT climate change denier shills spouting Exxon talking points.

sad

all the dinosaurs died out but they were not killed by guns, so it is fine to put this gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

or in real terms, different times result in different results. The warm period then was caused by natural processes which we understand and can account for, the warming period now is entirely unnatural and man made emissions account for it.

also so what that the earth was steaming hell hole millions of years ago - that does not make it good for it to be like that with us alive on it...

>warming isn't our fault
>great, let's keep shitting the bed like we have been, surely nothing bad will happen
God damn I hope we continue to be this stupid & never wise up; time for us to kill ourselves off

>what is the holocene extinction
Most intelligent species known to exist, and still retarded dumbasses

vostok temperatures are from on single location - not global temperatures, and cannot be used alone - real scientists use multi location temperature charts and they do not support this simple, simplistic and deliberately misleading conclusion.

TLDNR - fuck off with your shill science.

What sad is that you climate changes fucks keeping getting caught faking data and suppressing contrary findings. You can’t even keep your own fucking story straight: “It’s global warming...wait no it’s climate change....wait no...”

>the earth was steaming hell hole millions of years ago - that does not make it good for it to be like that with us alive on it
Yes, it absolutely does; as then we'll no longer be alive. Extinction is what we deserve. We're too stupid & greedy to exist.

>i’m a neckbeard fuck with no life so the whole species sucks and should be eradicated

Just kill yourself you distended sphincter.

do you notice a difference between the peaks on this graph? All previous hot spots rise steadily to reach a maximum (with a strange dip in the pre 400000 year peak) the current peak has not acted like that. it has averaged out at a lower peak temperature - well below the 0.0 line, and only after thousands of years has it suddenly spiked -

Given that these previous peaks are all associated with end of glacial periods that have subsequent CO2 rises and that this accelerates the climate warming, but that this peak is not associated with a end of glacial period event, and the CO2 rise is associated with man made emissions, perhaps this chart actually shows how the current temperature spike is NOT like previous ones, and entirely undermines your point...

science bro, learn to do it.

except that it isn't supported by the science because the science clearly shows that the sun is not forcing the temperature rise.

We'll happily eradicate ourselves & every other form of life to keep our economies from taking a dip. Too stupid to exist.

no it won't - the increase in CO2 is we burned ALL the coal and oil would be very severe - raising temperatures by several degrees, possibly over ten degrees - a massive incease in energy in the atmosphere meaning huge storm systems - we could end up with year long planet wide hurricanes at worst estimate.

also the loss of CO2 from the atmosphere is slow it will take many centuries to come down again.

learn some basic science before talkig about this stuff, please.

Mind you if we add the methane from the permafrost melting and actually we are probably already totally fucked, but there is no point in being silly about this contrarian denial of the facts.

You people are too stupid, too self-absorbed, and too busy trying prove you’re “green” that you can’t recognize the fact that economic trouble kills people a lot fucking faster.

You’re a complete fucking tool.

like I said exxon talking point shills telling lies again

please, do what you think you deserve and die - it will help to slow climate change and the world will be a better place.

>economic trouble kills people a lot fucking faster
Good, we need fewer people around. It'll make our impacts on the ecosystem of the ONLY PLANET WE KNOW OF PROVEN TO HARBOR & BE ABLE TO SUPPORT LIFE, PERIOD a lot less severe. But no, let's just keep fucking with it.

You just pulled that “model” right out of your ass and your ass is obviously retarded. You’re leaving out the fucking obvious effect of C02 on plant life in general and algae in particular.

Your idea of “knowing science” is reading a greenpeace brochure.

do you think that climate change is not already causing economic trouble? or that it won't cause enormous economic disasters?

not keeping up with the news much are you?

I'm at the end of the line. There's at least 6 billion in front of me that need to go first. Will happily an hero then.

"Learn basic sience", lol
How I feel is more important than a book that man has written.

You have a sauce for this
I'd like to spam to friends

So, you’ve got nothing. You’re just as full of shit as the University of East Anglia.

nigger, I don't believe global warming is even real let alone caused by man cause god said he'll never send a flood again, so we're good. Also, the earth is a disk, don't let the scientists tell you otherwise, they're in cahoots with the government.

Not only are you retarded, you’re arrogant. Thinking that humans have the capacity to end all life on earth is the epitome of fucking idiocy.

I get it: you don’t get laid and don’t have a job. Fantazing about the apocalypse ain’t gonna help you choad polisher.

No, I don’t.

Name five credible instances. I double fucking dare you.

As I see it you need AT LEAST 10 stupid fucking morons to produce one vaguely forward and smart individual. You need an economic and technological advance to conquer space beyond this round blue ball.

To provide that advance you need a support structure for the smart and motivated; that also means living alongside said fuckheads and pretending to get along. The problem is that I'm one of the individuals looking forward, I work for an aerospace company and live/breathe the technological advance of humans everyday. I also have to drive to work daily on my fuel sipping motorbike.

The problem is that same structure that allows me to do that allows some stupid single mother with 5 half cast black kids in a massive SUV to run me the fuck down.

If I think about it too hard I'll probably explode, my family are all drug addict baby factories and I sit here like picrelated.jpg

I never said shit about warming nor climate change; in fact I hate both terms as they give greedy fucks easy out from accepting responsibility for constantly shitting the bed in the name of strong economics. Rest of your statement is just troll bullshit.

>Thinking that humans have the capacity to end all life on earth
I'm hoping it'll just be us; but the other life cursed to live under our dominion likely won't be that fortunate. We absolutely fucking do have the capacity, and it doesn't even have to be intentional. We still don't even fucking understand WHY our planet harbors life in a way no other planet we know of does, so thinking we can't possibly fuck it up, especially when that conveniently enables us to keep on with our bullshit, is fucking retardedly arrogant.

Please read a book.

the obvious effect is more luxuriant and faster growth.

sadly this will not be sufficient to absorb all the CO2 rapidly - which should be obvious even to a denier like you since it has not been able to do so up til now, and the excess that cannot be absorbed is rising each year. It will take centuries to be absorbed by plant life (which only temporarily traps carbon anyway - it is released when the plant rots, unless it is stored like coal or oil)

also, the increased growth is less nutritious - we have already seen a fall in nutritional content in many crops - we are facing a possibility that people will starve while eating more.

and the model with the hurricanes - as I said, very extreme, but it was in a paper I saw in Paris - a what happens if the worst really happens session which was absolutely fucking terrifying, even though the outcomes were rated as extremely unlikely.

Jesus Christ you're a retard . Planets cool down as they age. I mean seriously, how do you function being this fucking stupid?

For those who question or deny climate change, please think of this;

Imagine, hypothetically, that climate change is actually real and is as bad as the scientists say. Imagine that the world collectively got together and did something about it - got the world to run on renewables, consume less energy etc etc. The world would be a better place overall.

Now imagine that climate change is actually nonsense, but the everyone believed it was real and improved the world to "fix" it anyway - we'd be better off for living standards and technological advancements. Even if climate change was a hoax we'd still be better off.

Now imagine climate change is real, but nobody believes it and the world does nothing to improve itself. The end result is we're all fucked and the world is irreparably damaged.

Which scenario would you rather live in, the one where we do something about it and live better lives? Or the one where everyone denies it. I'm saying even if it is bullshit, it's better to improve the world rather than sit on our arses fighting over if climate change is real or not.

You are not interesting.
You are not deep.
You have no special inight.
You do not feel things more than anyone else.

You’re just a another loser trying make yourself feel better with delusions of grandeur.

ah, so you really are a shill for Exxon.

You ever read those emails? you ever read their work? you ever look at the data they make freely available on the internet?

no you just spout oil company paid for shit, because you think it makes you look clever - or at least cleverer than thousands of highly trained and hard working scientists who actually spend their lives studying this stuff.

fuck off ignorant shill.

If you were even a tenth as capable as you think you are, you’d be working for SpaceX.

You're an idiot, user. That argument died about 3 billion years ago.

This is climate, not crustal warming and cooling. 115,000 years is nothing.

BTW, the ice age ending also destroys your stupid argument.

You can keep saying that, it won’t change anything.

How retarded are you? UofEA got caught redhanded falsifying data, suppressing contrary research, and encouraging others to use the peer review system to suppress all contrary research and your dumb ass suggests reading their research as fact?

You’re just another retarded sophomore that thinks screaming about petrol companies will get blue-hairded chicks to fuck you.

Of course he doesn’t, it’s retarded denialism.

Records will only have been kept reliably for Saturn for max 50 years. And unlike on earth we have no way of knowing the historical temperatures.

check your local farmers - ask if they have noticed any difference.

better grape production in south of England. Worse apple production is south of england - the species that live there are not warmth tolerant.

collapse of cod fisheries in the atlantic and north seas - not just over fishing, but the water is too warm in the north sea.

syrian civil war - look into the causes.

economic migration from north africa

bangladesh.

need we mention the unprecedented hurricane series this summer in the USA? how much did that cost?

check out oceanic acidification and the effects on the fishing industry and come back to me.

Pretty fixated on Exxon there.

you know this applies in spades to climate change deniers, don't you?

And you have no counterarguments to justify our bullshit. Only ad hominems.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bullshit.

This is how you climate fucks do business: by pulling “facts” out of your ass. When you get caught, you just do the same. When you keep getting your ass handed to you you try ridicule.

Current mathematical and technical understanding are totally insufficient to make a fucking weather forecast longer than a couple of days but you jerkoffs have no problem pretending that you can tell what the entire global climate is going to do decades in advance.

The climate change industry is nothing more than a means to try to slow down emerging economies without having to go to war.

Because the US in an "emerging economy".

Take your tarted up Pascal’s wager, roll it up, and push it up your cock.

By that fucking logic we’d better drop everything and starting on weaponized magic in case Cthulhu wakes up and enlaves the world. It’s just a story, completely made up, BUT WHAT IF?

You people would more convincing if you weren’t tryning to make money on the back end with carbon credits.

No, it doesn’t.

There’s nothing to deny. Y’all aren’t even in the same zip code of the ball park of proving that anthropomophic climate change exists.

Funnily enough you'll find SpaceX are cool but have a different focus to us. I talked to Bill Gerstenmaier not that long ago and how NASA operates especially around the SLS project and his thoughts were interesting. Basically as you become more established some of the ways of doing things become more entrenched, he's talked to a few startups and their fresh approaches are very endearing and clever. But established companies with company IP and internal resistance to change aren't able to change a design to suit as fast.

I'm also consistently amazed at the level of homebrew tech brought to the table sometimes too, we saved an extraordinary amount of money on a piece of manufacturing equipment because we built something in house for 400 times less. This is the side of things I'm involved in and am hoping in time that I can start my own business from it.

Well personally I think climate change is more believable than cthulu but meh. All this argument is pointless anyway the world is already fucked and in more ways than one.

This headline is so absolutely meaningless.
It's basically saying 'climate change responsible for the climate having changed!'
FFS, we know there is fucking climate change. The question is to what degree it is natural climate change and how much of it is man made.

We are not necessarily responsible for the warming of the climate but geo-enineering will destroy the planet I think by 2040 if we continue at this rate

>muh fallacies

Sell that shit to redditors.

Since you’re all into logic, you must be aware that I don’t *need* a fucking counterargument. See, you actually have to fucking prove your proposal. Y’all don’t prove shit and can’t prove shit. You just put on a smug look and pretend that you undertand science. Funny how y’all are always liberal arts students but are positive that you have a total grasp on nonlinear dynamical systems.

sorry, but I got my PhD thirty years ago - and yes the East Anglia boys got caught - not falsifying data by the way that is a lie, a deliberate miscontruction that anyone reading the emails would see (obviously you have not, you have just read the partisan and lying reports of deniers, who really do falsify and misrepresent data at an industrial scale of lies)
they got caught saying they would rather destroy their data than give it to lying twisting pseudo scientists paid by oil companies to make up lies.

they caught saying they would rather see those lying fucks given no platform for their lying fuckery.

that is fine by me.

that is responsible scientific behaviour. That is pest control.

name one real scientist doing "contrary research"

read this
theguardian.com/environment/2006/sep/19/ethicalliving.g2

So, your method of proof is taking any negative event you’ve seen a headline for and blaming climate change. If you’re retarded enough to think that the weather had something to do with Syria, you aren’t able to leave the house without getting hit by a car or punched in the mouth.

/thread

So, you read a lot of stuff on the net, have really strong opinions, but don’t acutally do anything?

hey man, if it was 100 degrees every day and there was sand and brown people everywhere I would be pretty pissed.

>When you keep getting your ass handed to you you try ridicule.

where in did I use ridicule?

those were all factually correct statements

unless you have proof otherwise? what was incorrect?

Then shut the fuck up about it.

? Lol no.

I'm just being a bit vague down to what I do being of interest to several parties as well as myself for future career/business interests. #sorryyou'retriggeredbythis

Let me guess, your PhD is in linguistics. Maybe, literary theory?

> That is pest control.

And there it is. You have no scientific credibility whatsoever. Much like the rest of your kind.

I have read the e-mails, and you sir, are deliberately misrepresenting their content to further your own agenda, they were caught lying and deliberately talking up the climate change by playing with and changing the numbers.

Name one scientist only doing research into climate change, don't name a "celebrity" scientist, but a genuine scientist doing actual research in an actual scientific establishment.

No, you can't pull the name of an actual scientist out of your ass either, google some and claim you could if you must but don't be that guy.

ITT people who do not understand the difference between climate and weather.

I can predict that world temperatures will on average increase over long periods of time by simple physics - No-one is suggesting that we can predict what the weather will be like in a hundred years time on christmas day in Dogtown Alabama

straw man is straw

Oh, right. Of course. How could I possibly have missed your obvious business acumen?

It’s the fucking desert. What would you expect?

i would expect it to be inhospitable.

yep this is true, the sun is in play here

so climate change deniers are interesting deep,have no special insight and feel things more than anyone else.
They are not just another loser trying make themselves feel better with delusions of grandeur.

really?

well whatever it takes for you to get through he day. But i suspect your self esteem would be better raised by learning something and not just bullshitting to yourself and everyone else.

You know what that means right?

>Brace yourselves, winter is coming.

This. Climate change is real, it's very much a fact, our climate has changed continually throughout the history of the planet. Man-made climate change to the degree that these government-paid shill scientists promote is where the BS starts the enter the equation.

Look I have no idea what I want to do in the future. I'm as clueless as anyone on here down to your typical stoner who's lost in the world. Only difference is I'm just currently some fucking how working in aerospace through chance.

Just how it goes son

>Climate change it's natural
/thread

Stop being a fucking idiot. That is obviously referring specifically to one person.

That's not exactly sound logic, that's like saying "since trash was the reason my apartment smelled bad last week then my farts can't be held responsible for it stinking right now."

I remember thirty years ago that the same bodies crying global warming today were claiming (with proof) that the next ice age was nigh, the difference is there is no funding, interest or tax dollars to be had.

The global warming scam has seen nations introduce dozens of tax increases and new taxes to pay for all of the woes that global warming has brought us, stealth taxes we willingly pay because we care about the Earth, but what is this money actually spent on?

Trillions of dollars worldwide and we have windfarms and solar farms to show for it?

I'm calling bullshit on all this.

I'm not totally close-minded, I think that if there were global warming on the scale described then a lot of people would be a lot more upset, what with the massive loss of life coming to Africa... wait, would anyone notice?
As for the rest of us, well, if this warming delayed the next ice age, wouldn't that be a good thing as far more people would die if that were to happen and we're due another one of those no matter what we do anytime now.

so far there is no science that proves man affects climate change, just correlation with the existence of man and a rising climate. the climate has been warming since far before industry and fossil fuels.

There is no man made global warming. It's 100% politically driven and force fed at school which is why there are such ardent (and blind) believers today. Carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. Bill Nye is not a scientist.

Being clueless is hardly a virtue.

Sometimes it is user.

Logical fallacy .

That’s like arguing that a global nuclear war wouldn’t be responsible for a nuclear winter because 65 million years ago a meteorite hit the earth.

Did you even stop fur a minute to consider if the causes of historical warming are relevant to the current warming period?

No, because you’re fucking retarded

>government-paid shill scientists
Yes, governments are well known for funding conspiracies that argue for turning down the economy. Fortunately we have a lot of heroic corporate lobbyists to counteract these destructive tendencies, but how long these brave souls will be able to resist the tide (which is NOT rising, sheeple) is anyone's guess.

>>held responsible

Are we going to get in trouble?

Nice try, Pluto. You might not be getting as much of the heat, but we in the inner circle feel it for real.

An oversimplification.

wow hahaha, your comparison is bad, not even close. Earth has had gigantic movements of temperature over the years, nothing to worry about kid.

Trumps climatologists were ordered to find an alternate explanation for man made climate change - they concluded that there was NO better candidate for explaining the current warming period OTHER than human activity.
And that’s coming from paid Trump shills.

Face it - there’s no global conspiracy , you’re just fucking retarded