I don't get it

I don't get it

What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmYXxJs0uCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many times did he have to give away his lunch money

a trench coat-american

Patrician

a young angst filled one

A fourteen year old.

these

Anyone into chill wave really

Kek. X will be a legend by the time he's in his twenties.

Mentally fucking retarded

An easily impressionable one.

>a legend
>A LEGEND
underage detected

>>a legend
> >A LEGEND
> underage detected
old man afraid of change detected

I'm 23 actually, the only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that children like yourself look up to such awful musicians.

>I'm 23 actually,
irregardless, you act like an old man afraid of change

Because I don't like shitty artists?

Kendrick Lamar

>Because I don't like shitty artists?
I'm sure you do, and I'm not sure why you brought this up

edgy 14 year old with self diagnosed depression lmao

this

You have to be broken to the point where this is the music that you enjoy and relate to

Not that guy but XXXTentacion is an awful "artist"

I don't see how anyone above the age of 15 could like him.

>I don't see how anyone above the age of 15 could like him.
try putting yourself in the shoes of a young black man in racist white america

X has a distinct style and lots of versatility at 19 but if he keeps maturing as an artist from where he is now I feel like he does have the potential to go down in hip hop as something big

>try putting yourself in the shoes of a young black man in racist white america
Maybe listen to someone like Kendrick Lamar who has a message exactly like you've described, except he does in a smart way. He lyrics are better and have more substance, his production is more stylized and not just messy, he doesn't HANG WHITE CHILDREN IN HIS MUSIC VIDEOS.

>Maybe listen to someone like Kendrick Lamar who has a message exactly like you've described, except he does in a smart way.
kendrick fell off HARD after GKMC

Not really?
To Pimp A Butterfly is a great, and holds a message similar to what said

> I don't see how anyone above the age of 15 could like him.
His music is incredibly versatile and he has a distinct sound compared to his contemporaries. He has to be one of the most creative things to come out of Soundcloud. Also without him, Ski Mask would hardly get any clout

>To Pimp A Butterfly is a great, and holds a message similar to what (You) said
the message isn't everything, it's about the execution, which TPAB does terribly

Big Rare is better

A teenager with a faked depression.

Kys virgin, no matter how hard you shill Big Rare we will never listen

> his production is more stylized and not just messy
X purposely distorts his music
> he doesn't HANG WHITE CHILDREN IN HIS MUSIC VIDEOS
That's called performance art and there was a message behind it.

For the longest time I assumed this was a meme, and then I actually listened and it's fucking good. Wtf it's like elliot smith with trap beats minus filler

To pimp a butterfly was fucking brilliant.

Idk if he is faking it honestly. He did go through depressing things in life.

interesting point. Why do you think so? I really like the polished jazzy vibe of the album, and it feels very consistent.

>To pimp a butterfly was fucking brilliant.
section 80 and GKMC both blow it out of the water

> TPAB
Trash

If you have to ask that it wasn't made for you. The type of person who enjoys it is a avid twitter user in high school who just got dumped.

If you're on a Sup Forums music board, you had enough free time (aka not hanging out with friends like the above example) to develop your taste to a point where you hate certain albums. This means you are NOT NORMAL.

I like X as a person, and I dont question the fact that he has been through a lot, I just really dont like how he Treats such a sensitive matter in his album.

>try putting yourself in the shoes of a young black man in racist white america
>racist white america
I thought that was what "le cringe sjws" scream about that you white teenage boys hate? Unless it's okay when a rapper says that, then that's a double standard.
Distorting your music on purpose doesn't make it good. Hanging a white child in a music video doesn't have a grand message behind. Black people get shot and mistreated by racist cops. But violent messages against white people doesn't help that.

>I thought that was what "le cringe sjws" scream about that you white teenage boys hate?
Why did you assume I'm a white teenage boy?

Good argument.

Because white teenage boys and white dudes in their early 20s are the only people who browse Sup Forums, and mainly Sup Forums in general.

>violent message against white people
I don't like the video either, but I don't think that was the point of the scene, and i didn't interpret it as such

>Because white teenage boys and white dudes in their early 20s are the only people who browse Sup Forums, and mainly Sup Forums in general.
Maybe 10 years ago, certainly not anymore

> Distorting your music on purpose doesn't make it good.
That's an objective statement. You may not like it but his fans may enjoy it.

> Hanging a white child in a music video doesn't have a grand message behind
He explained that the whole point of it was to get people thinking it's wrong to kill a white child. He explained it in an Instagram video.

> 17
Trash

Does TPAB being trash really require an argument? All it takes is a listen

Good joke, but strongly disagree.

Does 17 being trash really require an argument? All it takes is a listen

>Does 17 being trash really require an argument?
Yes.

Good joke, strongly agree.

no it doesn't.
it's a garbage album by a garbage artist that people think is """""deep"""""""

>Does TPAB being trash really require an argument?
Yes, and a good one too.

>Yes, and a good one too.
Why? All it takes is a listen

He is deep. As deep as a fucking kiddie pool.

Congratulations user, you made my day.

>To pimp a butterfly was fucking brilliant.
TPAB was the first sign Kendrick had run out of things to write/rap about. UU and DAMN were equally uninspired but I still hope he has one more worthwhile album in him

DAMN. was a disappointment, but TPAB really left an impact on me as a person, and for me at least it is a nearly perfect album. UU was underdeveloped, but for a mixtape-like project very good.

Nice b8 m8

Questionmark

This whole thread is bait. If you actually take XXXTentacion seriously, you don't even know what Sup Forums is.

You do but can't access it because your parents have a restriction put on that site due to ''live nude cams''

>UU was underdeveloped

NIGGA IT WAS ALL THE LEFTOVER TRACKS FROM TPAB. IT DOESNT NEED TO BE DEVELOPED. FOR FUCK SAKE UNMASTERED IS IN THE TITLE!

A left wing.

This whole thread is bait. If you actually take Kendrick Lamar seriously, you don't even know what Sup Forums is.

this
why the fuck would he even mention that unless it's bait
sorry kid, but Kendrick gets discussed here more than XXXTentacion. probably because X is only liked by 14 year olds like yourself.

sorry kid, but XXXTentacion gets discussed here more than Kendrick. probably because Kendrick is only liked by 14 year olds like yourself.

Can you fuck off?

not this

>Can you fuck off?
"no"

Using kdot as a REAL rapper. If you think either kdot or x are REAL rappers then reddits a good site for you

Yea, but remember a little bit before XXXTentacles blew up? People on mu were talking about how he's our rapper and how he's the one but now everyone hates him. His old stuffs cool, but yea the people that still take him seriously on here are either baiting or leftover summer fags.

>If you think either kdot or x are REAL rappers then reddits a good site for you
This.

NIGGA FAIR POINT BUT IT STILL STANDS AS CRITIQUE

Kdot is good if you take him for fast food of rap tbf

I dont think x is a real rapper, and kdot is, my opinion, entry level scrub

youtube.com/watch?v=cmYXxJs0uCk
Is an artist where you can shit on to get views.

> I dont think x is a real rapper
He is not a "rapper". He is an artist

> anthony fagtano
Kys for listening to a fucking bald memelord wannabe for opinions

I'm surprised this guy is even worth a discussion on here, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

X is hip hop's answer to try-hard 2000's nu metal, whether you realize it or not.

>X is hip hop's answer to try-hard 2000's nu metal, whether you realize it or not.
*ahem*

nah he is pretty generic
he just have more money

black guy here and it's not hard at all

No fully functioning human with good mental health is actually into the music. You have to be a certain kind of broken

>No fully functioning human with good mental health is actually into the music. You have to be a certain kind of broken
cringe

>irregardless

I actually agree to some extent. Death Grips popularity can be attributed to being the same kind of "fusion" between rock and rap bands like Linkin Park were in the 2000s. The difference is that Death Grips actually experiments with their production and songwriting while Tentacle Nation just yells lyrics that sound like they're from a 13 year old goth's Deviantart page over 68kbps Soundcloud beats.

What makes you think that?

>What makes you think that?
Timestamped photos of people on Sup Forums, people I know personally who post on Sup Forums, the diversity of posters on boards that have flags, the things some posters mention (i.e. things you'd have to be much older than 20 to know about)

>irregardless

>semantics