What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2KWpuVrRek4
youtube.com/watch?v=pB-LvZXbvqw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of dress does he wear? Satin.

The 90s ended, he got old,his shtick isn't considered edgy anymore.

tront cheated on him with atticus ross

Manson spent Reznor's seclusion for The Fragile shit talking Reznor. Brian achieved his short term mega success, but failed to invest in himself as an artist. past 2005

He hasn't accepted the fact that he's no longer young and has refused to change.

>Manson thread
>what went wrong
>tront this, 90s that

you guys bore me

say10 when?

Refuses to get clean and sober and work out. Just wants to spiral down the drain instead of following Alice Cooper's example and bettering himself as a person and artist.

Manson could be great, he certainly had the intelligence/wit for it. Sadly he's dulled it all with decades of drugs/alcohol. If he'd an-hero'd on drugs after releasing Holy Wood, he'd have gone down in legend.

October 6. but it's Heaven Upside Down now

What does he cook his gluten-free dishes with?
Seitan.

how can heaven be upside down?

>suggesting a musician should have an heroed.

please stop this meme.

By being Hell
2deep4u

whoa

All those calories is where he went wrong

ɥǝɐʌǝu

First "SAY10", now "Heaven Upside Down", is this dude a joke?

forgot text

He got rid of anyone who challenged him and what we have now is the result.

Why does he still dress and act like an edgy faggot while trent stopped doing that and moved on?

I fail to see what's so funny about it

being a open satanist. I know that its not about worshipping satan but more of aggressive atheist thing but most people don't know.

Even in Reznor's youth, he reserved the edgy looks on tour; a little more casual but then, but Reznor knew when to turn on and off the act

expect for 1997. We do not speak of 1997.

He's a beta male. Alphas move on to Stacey and say how the gothic phase was just a teenager/young adult phase. Beta's are more desperate to feel higher self esteem due to their pathetic situation.

really corny titles

Brian had his Stacey but botched his marriage with too much alcohol among other things.

This is accurate.

he couldn't even drink like a normal alcoholic. He had to choose the most edgelord booze.

[spoiler]to be fair though, I would like to try absinthe at least once.[/spoiler]

>Trent stopped producing him
>The 90s ended

He lost the guy that made his sound unique and hardcore, while the decade where that sort of music was "in" passed.

>industrial
bleugh

I had my phase with it. It's meme booze.

reznor didn't work on mechanical animals which is a good album

I never see discussion about the production of Mechanical Animals tho, I thought that record sounded great.

Why do we never talk about the guy behind MA?

Mechanical Animals is his Great Work tho

Is it worth listening to any of his stuff? I never bothered even when I was in his target market.

Mechanical Animals was his last good one, arguably. But his great work was Antichrist Superstar.

You need to be thin if you want to be edgy.

antichrist superstar and mechanical animals are genuinely good slightly edgy pop rock

youtube.com/watch?v=2KWpuVrRek4

How did he fall so hard guys

Didn't take the time to invest in updating his sound that Reznor did with With_Teeth and Year Zero. He drove his act into the ground and still has refused to do anything significant about it.

It seems like he's angry again. I am hoping this to be an actual rock and roll record this time around - it seems like it

>That lip-sync
>Marilyn just shoots at nothing and points a gun at nothing
>Same for the nuns
>Marilyn; a persona which was showcasing how shitty of media it is to glorify violence is now trying to be really cool by shooting stuff
>Message boils down to "religion is bad"
>Manson is still doing the same message he was doing in 90s
>Manson thinks Christiain imagery being degraded is controversial in this year.
Are you kidding me? This "anger" is forced, it sounds shitty, if anything, this proves that being "angery" doesn't make for a good music, this song is generic shit and the video clip is a joke, compare this to anything that was in Antichrist Superstar, it doesn't have any effectivness or punch, compare it to its video clips, it doesn't have any artisticallity or polish it once had.

how did he have that brief period of self-awareness to make the pale king which was actually pretty good and then go back to full JUST

I don't know what is worse, the music video or the song itself?
They're equally shitty.

Yeah you're right the guy can't reach his Antichrist level of delivering things.

>Yeah, I thought originally that Say 10 was very clever
>VERY CLEVER
Jesus fucking christ

Hence why he should give up the "ANGERY" schtick, his Pale Emperor was going somewhere, it still had the anger, but it seemed to be mature yet more effective than "WE KNUW WUHERE U FUCKING LIEEFE"

holy shit I just realized what say 10 means. Although I only heard about it 5 minutes ago.

>Reznor is releasing new quality work every few months
>Released an album yesterday
>manson is still not released Say10 (not calling it the other name)

This is no longer funny.

JUST

LEAVE MARILYN ALONE

Fucking hell I thought it was a thing for music critics. I audibly groaned when I just realised what it means.

Don't get me even started on the "Say10" track itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=pB-LvZXbvqw

>You say god, I say-ten.
This is a lyric from a man who wrote lyrics to Antichrist Superstar once. Fuck it, Trent is a better lyricist at this point

at least Trent sings about himself and where he's at at the time he's making the album. It's earnest.

Manson's still singing about satan.

Even when Trent doesn't sing about himself he does a better job, I fucking loved Year Zero, yet even there, he focused on "character" of the Year Zero and their charasterics. It wasn't cheap political commentatory, it felt more like a really cool sci-fi story about end of the world and you are inside mind's of these various characters as the events unfold.
Goddamn, Manson's thread is evolving into Trent/NIN thread again.

I honestly have no idea. It's like "Heaven Upside Down/Say10" is a relapse album or something.

Burlesque/cabaret aesthetic was trash in the 1920's, it was trash in the 90's when Satanism was the trendy thing and it's trash now.

To be fair, Manson hasn't been able to sing live since 2000.

I wasn't reffering to the performance, that has always been shit, but to lyrics here "You say god, I say-ten" is

>So I got two new boys, and they are little demons, they truly are. Their names are William "Bright Boy" Manson and Rusty Manson. They're both Devon Rexes like Lily, and these two may have had an effect on the album, as well. Because they like to just look at me and knock something over. They'll stare into my eyes like, "You see what I just did?" So I think the "fuck shit up" thing can also be related to the animal world. We can attribute some of the blame to the animal kingdom. If people get upset about the effects of this record, they'll also have to be angry at cats. If you want to hate on me, that means you also hate cats — so, you know, you're a bad person!

Absinthe in the US is just a brand name. Real absinthe is made with wormwood, and has hallucinogenic properties (supposedly), but it's illegal in most western countries

Worse, it's "you say God, I say say-ten"

He couldn't even fit his wordplay into his own lyrics. He had to say "say" twice to make it work.

It's worse than I thought. "you say God, I say-ten" would probably at least work, but now that I noticed this, holy shit, this is bad, how can he think this is ANY good?

I had to google what a devon rex cat looks like, they've got huge ears.

I miss my cat.

>Goddamn, Manson's thread is evolving into Trent/NIN thread again.

NO SHIT

This wouldn't have happened if you made good music you know

People who grew up with him, do they still think he's cool?

Just look at YouTube comments, it's literally just fan-girls going "WHOO HE'S BACK"

I was 14 when ACSS came out. I still listen to his old stuff and appreciate it for what it did.

i liked refrigerator

the drum machine sound was pretty cool

true man

Can't say the same about your new stuff though.

Can manson fags stop pretending that any music he’s made in the last 16 years (excluding TPE) has been good? It’s all been fucking awful.

Manson has said multiple times that he drinks actual absinthe and has ways of getting it

he has his own brand

I hear it tastes like pure shit and smells of sewage

I think the old, good performing, Manson is cool. New Manson is not cool, though I still really want him to be.

Honestly, he needs to kiss and make up with his old band mates. Do some full album tour dates (play an entire album start to finish, acs, poaf, ma...). Then make an actual good album that breaks some new ground and appropriate for current year metal/pop

so fucking cringy, the pale emperor was alright what the fuck is he thinking

Seems like he's remaking Born Villain again on a higher budget.
Sad!

you cheeky keychain say that to my face m8

>Say 10
>he wrote 10 instead
What did he mean by this?