serious edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13946988/
youtube.com/watch?v=E6Fm5eZCjzQ
strawpoll.me/13923662/r
strawpoll.me/13790952/r
youtube.com/watch?v=WCKGIu1J-ow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's some essential fun-core besides Mayhem?

FUCK OFF FAAAGGOOOOOTTT
ONETWOTHREEFOUHHR

strawpoll.me/13946988/

Darkthrone is quintessential /fun/core

Median age of this thread: 15

What exactly do you think is going to change? This sort of dialogue is necessarily a function of lightly moderated anonymous and ephemeral content.
t. guy that says "first wave and death metal is shit", is scared by bad production, and expects not to get called out for being a fucking tourist

was he really that metal?

>Dead
>died
yeah, pretty much

no, he was a proto-emo fag, along with Euronymous

I kind of really wanted to pick Sweden, but Finland, maaaan.

beat this album

the standings seem about right

Any more early examples of punk bands varying their song structures like metal bands do?

I think it's weird how bands like Black Flag and such were explicitly influenced by Sabbath but still stuck so closely to the verse/chorus/verse structure.

spotted the numale cuckfag
here's the repellent for ya, be gone

True,I forgot that the word metal implies death and black metal only and doesn't consist of hundreds of subgenres

the best industrial black metal in existence
youtube.com/watch?v=E6Fm5eZCjzQ

The tourist spammers are the people who would be part of Euronymous crew if they were in the scene back then

It certainly doesn't include talking about nothing but glam and power metal, genres that are the "least metal" due over reliance on rock music tropes than what makes the genre unique.

Cryptic Slaughter
Fearless Iranians From Hell
Dead Horse
crossover in general
the list goes on
t. tourist

Go to bed Euronymous

whats the most unfun metal?

>elitism in metal is unique to euronymous
o i am laffin. btw why hasn't nwn released prog metal yet? soooooo problematically elitist

Godflesh - Streetcleaner

The Manowar posting is just banter, my man, nobody here thinks they're anything more than just average at best

burzum - filosofem

>Manowar gets btfo
>I-it's just banter muh man
Lmao.

Measure the ephemeral versus the eternal. The funderground will always be washed away by time.

>Having the reading comprehension skills of a third grader
Yup, you'd be best buds with Euronymous for sure

*blocks your path*

btw the real elitists were these late 80s American death metal labels, that's why those scandi guys started the whole bm thing, as a counter-attack

lads...................

>Tourist filters
More like
>Retard bait

Thanks for showing everyone your autism.

Oh no, how am I supposed to live with the fact that a bunch of posers on an anonymous image board BTFOs the easiest band on the planet to BTFO

Sounds like you need to leave the hall my friend

>boring shit with lamest riffs imaginable
>"tourist filters"

tourism...............

I bet your favorite band is some gay shit like Converge or Ulver

>finally realizes that they have been cringe the whole time
>b-but it was so obvious we were being cringe ironically!

I'm guessing English wasn't your first language.

Nah, I am a fan of RIFFS, not this lame repetitive garbage.

bants on the left
tourists on the right

Thanks man, this is much better than Alcest and Ulver! Did you find that chart on Reddit? :D

post ONE good riff then

>the best metalcore band and most imaginative black metal band are some gay shit
You probably think Oath Of The Black Blood is some masterpiece too

Fug, was meant for

if this were 2 years ago that would be the ultimate riff-slayer chart against atmoshitters you crypto-atmoshitter

>strawpoll.me/13923662/r
>201 votes
each thread has 40 to 60 posters, a good majority of them the same shitposters back to back, so that probably means we've got a lot of lurkers

>the best metalcore band and most imaginative black metal band
Is this b8?

This might come as a surprise to you but people who aren't on the spectrum actually have the mental capacity to appreciate different kinds of music for different reasons

ONLY DEATH IS REAL!

the tourist filters are fulfilling the function of filtering tourists

really makes you ponder

T. Euronymous

This filtered tourists before tourists were even a thing

Last one too for comparison
strawpoll.me/13790952/r
(black/death always wins)

How many of those absolute madmen do you think wanted to pick melodeath?

BM was a counter to the Swedish Death Scene, BM kids were mad they weren't talented enough to play DM riffs so they played "super fast," (super subdivided with tremelo picking) instead.

This chart is a work of art, it should be put on display at the MOMA

Meant for

>let's vacation in Zimbabwe since normies don't like getting eaten by mosquito and niggers alike
>HAHAHAHAHAH they're having fun in Belize? Fucking tourists

give me some recs based on pic related.

The only ontology compatible with metal is Bataille's base materialism and DSO understands this.

this
Dismember, Entombed and Unleashed BTFO out of (((second wave)))
Euro even sperged out over Benediction and Deicide

t. Bjorn 'Speed' Strid
>BM kids were mad they weren't talented enough to play DM riffs
bm basically was what dm has always wanted to be

put your trip back on preacher
also DSO is shitty Christian radio rock

Any trve 2nd wave will probably do the trick.

What's the highest RPM (Riff Per Minute) ratio an album has ever achieved?

this cant be a real person

>DM wants to be a scene of edgy kids wearing Kiss make up who are known more for their crime and fashion than their music

Hold up, unlike you losers I am about to take a shower since I know hygiene.
Nah that's boring repetitive shit, too.
Yeah, slaying actually good riffs so that only the bad ones remain.

HOLY SHIT!
EIGHT VOTES!
EIGHT MADMEN VOTED FOR MELODEATH OVER EVERY OTHER GENRE!
THEY LOOKED AT HEAVY METAL, THEY SAW THE BANDS THAT THEIR SO CALLED MELODIC "DEATH" METAL GROUPS APED RIFFS FROM! THEY SAW BANDS LIKE SATAN, PRIEST, AND MERCYFUL FATE YET THEY STILL VOTED FOR IN FLAMES, DARK TRANQUILITY, AND AT THE GATES!
THEN THEY LOOKED AT DEATH METAL, THE GENRE THAT THEIR FAVORITE SUBGENRE FEEDS OFF OF LIKE A PARASITE! ALTARS OF MADNESS? DAWN OF POSSESSION? DREAMING WITH THE DEAD? THE WINTERLONG? EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN? NO THANK YOU, I'D RATHER HAVE SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL, A BLOODRED PATH, AND HEARTWORK! WHAT COMPLETE FUCKING MADMEN!

absolutely fucking based melodeath hating sperglord

Gothenburg scene made kvlt kiddies really angry, essentially what BM bands wanted to sound like but singing about Satan and being oh so Uber serious about it.

Other way around Euronymous. BM kiddies were larping nerds who tried really really hard.
Don't get me wrong. I think 2nd wave is great. But you are autistic if you can't admit the musicians themselves were also autistic.

This, Varg even got his girlfriend to threathen a member of some Swedish band because he thought they were posers

how will melodeathers ever recover?

Melodic death metal ≠ death metal
meloshit is closer to -core than it is to DM

>literally priding yourself because you fucking shower
Jesus christ

>Gothenburg scene
MY FAVORITE SCENE! WHY LISTEN TO GORGOROTH'S PENTAGRAM OR IMMORTAL'S PURE HOLOCAUST WHEN THERE ARE THE SUPERIOR ALTERNATIVES LIKE LUNAR STRAIN AND THE GALLERY! MELODEATH IS GREAT!

(OP)
anton lavey was a lie. no fufu

>tfw ywn have a qt Aryan gf who suggests you send a bomb in the mail to Israeli bands

metal is not compatible with any post-medieval european outlook
it's closer to things like tantra (I mean not modern yuppie yoga classes but those original ancient alchemists who lived in graveyards, commited depraved acts and admired evil)

b a s e d
a
s
e
d

Why not both you fucking dumbass sperglord?
>Not taking the best from every sub-genre available and listening to all of it (excluding MC, DC, Djent and Nu)

It's like you guys don't actually like metal or something.

damn...

>BM kiddies were larping nerds who tried really really hard.
Oh yeah, and death metal was all serious business, lmao.
>But you are autistic if you can't admit the musicians themselves were also autistic.
Hahaha, you say those death metal guys were the sanest people out there?

ME? NOT LIKE METAL? I LOVE METAL! THAT'S WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO BANDS THAT PLAY HELLOWEEN RIFFS WITH CHUGGY PARTS AND SCREAMY VOCALS! MELODEATH IS AMAZING DON'T YOU AGREE?
youtube.com/watch?v=WCKGIu1J-ow

>median age of this thread: 15

Yeah, I bet the Swedish death metal bands wishes they were more known for being a bunch of deranged lunatics who murder people and burn churches instead of being known for the merits of the actual music they play

>It's like you guys don't actually like metal or something.
Stop the presses

>plays DM
>writes songs about killing people
>don't actually kill people
fucking poseurs

Bataille's system aligns with that which is the whole point

>deranged lunatics who murder people and burn churches
sounds metal as fuck you prude

Metal was a mistake.

Swedish DM scene was tryhard but not NEARLY as tryhard as Norwegian 2nd wave. You literally have to be retarded to think otherwise. 2nd wave kids used to brag about never smiling and other tryhard shit. The pagan and Satan larping with actual chain mail and swords and axes is cringey-af in a funny sort of way.
Sure, swedish DM scene had it's autists, but the majority of people didn't take themselves too seriously. In the Oslo/Bergen scene if you even said something those autists didn't like they would shun you like butthurt nerds.
I think you're just mad because you never bothered reading up on BM history and are finding out the musicians you like were 19 year old kids that nowadays would of probably been scene kids filling up Hot Topic to be lul so evil.
Again, nothing wrong with the music itself, but the people were hilarious nerds.

>this thread

Shut up Euronymous, you're the biggest poser in the scene

Swedish metal confirmed for normalfags in disguise