Sup Forums thoughts on Rush?

Sup Forums thoughts on Rush?

bump

bump2

Greatest band of all time.

pretty good,

Dedicated to the genius of Ayn Rand.

Good band, I like it.

I see them as 3 nerds who are each masters of their respective instruments. Neil's percussion and songwriting were both excellent and cheesy as fuck, Geddy's bass skills are often overlooked by his distinct vocals but he was a complete master of both, and if you watch any concert footage Alex hardly ever misses a note playing either rhythm/lead.

But as I said, they're all total nerds who are masters of their music. I believe that their fanbase is mostly nerds. I don't think they particularly have much soul or guts though. It's interesting to note that pretty much their only love song is "In The Mood", off their debut album. Their look changed drastically throughout the years because they didn't really know who they wanted to be. Neil's personal life got pretty fucked up as well a few years ago.

Anyway I'm Canadian and grew up with Rush, so I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Favorite songs: Subdivisions, 2112, Time Stand Still

Great band honestly everything from the 70's until the mid to late 80's is amazing

Good band. Awesome live shows. Miss ya dad.

They make me "Rush" out of the room every time they come on (hehe)

underage b&

Hemispheres is still my favourite album by them

2112 is goat

Best drummer of all time IMO

greatest band of all time

it's prog rock so it's sucks

One of my favorite bands

i don't really like them
which makes living in southern ontario and trying to talk about music with people difficult

GOAT

Incredibly underrated, partly as they were hated on by a lot of forms of music mass media for little reason. Peart is a top 5 drummer of all time.

It's great if you have autism and think of music only as math.

Possibly the dorkiest band out there. Big time pussies. They suck dirty dicks. Huge faggots. Massive anus smellers. Known turd touchers.

Trying to make a sweet Rush playlist. Any favorites that I should listen too?

My thoughts exactly user.

Neil Peart being a Ayn Rand fanboy is sort of a turnoff as well.

Why is everyone so fixated on the ayn rand stuff? it was one song off one album, peart has also said that he grew out of it after a while

Anybody discovered them thanks to guitar hero 2 ? I know it's pretty gay but playing YYZ was a fucking blast

>Miss ya dad.

I wasn't ready for this feel, user

right. we need another barely rock band with experimental electronic noises with flatline vocals and a metronome for a drummer. Sup Forums is shit.

1976-1981 is essential, rest is meh

All of their albums are good, but I could do without Roll The Bones

Different eras have different great songs, If you want to sort of get a run down of the most popular songs, I would just listen to chronicles.

Personally I like their earlier stuff, fly by night, caress of steel, 2112.

There is a pretty good rush documentary on netflix

Funny joke. Real fucking criticism too.

Salesmen

i saw them in 2015 and they still tear ass even now. 10/10 greatest power trio

Trees, Passage to Bankok, Times stand still, Roll the Bones, Temples of Syrnx

>AND ALL OF CYGNUS X-1

All three of them are pretty good musicians in their own regard, quality band. I had a lot of fun figuring out how to play their songs.

Underage/shit taste

>WE ARE THE PRIESTS
all time favorite part in any song