pssstt >

I'm aware.

I'm not dutch.

is this loss

Neon red giant defy advanced

Is that you?

Love my bike :D

No mtn biking for you?

I used to have one but had to sell it. I live right near a great 10 mile trail with lots of rock and features but I do not jump lol

Your mum

I don't jump either (last time I tried I broke my collarbone).
If I had the money I'd buy a hard tail just like that.
I had one but it was stolen.

Fucking niggers man

rednecks and meth

A 1947 Swedish military bike. About 28 kg of solid steel. One gear, massive drum brake that kinda works (it's more of a dream and prayer) , balloon tires and oh boy if she doesn't roll down hill like a rocket.
My personal record is 67 km/h down the main hill in town.

Pic related but not mine, identical though apart from the tires.
Bought for about 250 kr ( around 20 dollars) when the military sold them off back in 2004 or something.

I like it.

Picture related
youtube.com/watch?v=waiTNse9_0Q

I would love that bike

It's called a penny farthing.

one with 4 wheels, an engine and a healthy dose of self respect

Hey I got one of those!

or like a healthy dose of carbon monoxide and 50 other things I don't care to preach right now

any recommendations for touring bike for a 6'7 guy? was thinking specialized awol

>oh look at me I drive a car, I'm so manly
Get out kiddo, your lack of confidence is ridiculous.

don't worry one day you'll be old enough to access both this site legally AND your school's drivers ed class

your bike

Your mom

I was just thinking about this the other day. I assume you're not from america but in the states, I think people who ride bikes that aren't in athletic clothes are viewed as people who are too poor to be able to afford a car. And from other countries, people who ride bikes are viewed as tree huggers. Am I right about this?

I call her "the bitch". Heavy and slow but comfy and reliable.
Also very good for getting groceries, not very good for Tour the France.

In Scandinavia people view the bike as they view the car, a mode of transport.
Any given day you'll see thousands of people riding to work, shopping etc on their bikes.

My boss rides to work on a single speed cyclo cross for example.
The idea of taking your car for short trips is kinda looked down upon here.
Owning a car isn't a status thing here either.

That's fucking nice.

>have old trusty steed called Pegasus
>it's not worth more than 30-50 bucks
>90% rust
>some shitcock steals it out of the basement of the apartment building I live in

fuck bike thieves.

An electric one, converted a donor Raleigh with a bufang bbso2 conversion kit, 1000 watts gets me up to 30 on a flat no effort whatsoever, no insurance and no emissions. I'd post pics but I'm currently out of town so I don't have it with me

>people who ride bikes are viewed as tree huggers.
Nah that's the Prius drivers, bikers are viewed as the strange people. Every single time when I roll into the office with my bike, especially in winter when it's far below freezing and tons of snow people kinda look at you like "why the fuck didn't you take the bus?" and they often ask as well.

My answer is simple, I like riding. No matter what weather.
And I'm not alone.

nah, there are plenty good reasons to take a bike over a car outside of being poor or a treehugger.
the traffic in bigger cities is disgusting. last job I had was close enough to take the bike and it was by far my favourite commute ever.

I go to my local taco shop on Saturday mornings about 7 and there's a group of cyclist there drinking beer, thought fuck I need to join these guys

Same here, everybody rides. Rich and poor. Swear, half my office rides to work. There is more bikes in the garage than cars.

You guys are awesome, I always like expanding my horizons. I like to be an American who realizes the world doesn't revolve around the states. Cheers folks!

Do it, I have a commuter group I meet every Sunday night at our local pub. Have a few brews then we ride a bit and talk shit.

2000 Kona bear. Beaten it up a ver the years.

this right here.

fuck the bus. why would I wait for ages, then cram myself into a bus full of people if I can just get on my bike and ride home?

captcha made mit pick bus pics btw. 3spoopy5me

KONA HOSS DELUX! ROOTBEER BROWN

road bikes are kinda scary to me, we don't have bike lanes in Texas and I don't wanna be in rekt thread

Good to hear mate.
I couldn't imagine living without my bike.
Used to drive everywhere like the lazy fuck I was.
Started riding 8 years ago and never looked back. Health is miles better, my wallet is happy and I'm happy.
It's very soothing to hear the humming of tires in the early morning when you join a group of riders.

Yep, bus = Ebola express.
Nah thanks, I rather ride.
I might be tired after a day at work but getting on my bike is always nice. Helps me relax.
Especially when you see your co-workers stuck in traffic in their cars and you just fly by.

Just got a Giant Roam hybrid...because I'm not a real biker

>we don't have bike lanes in Texas
depends where you are in Texas

Find a mtb crew then and get dirty. Shit is fun.

this

>Find a mtb crew
why do they all seem like giant edgy faggots?

rural area, tractors and old blind men in pickups that only drive on the shoulder
been looking for a good mountain bike

Uh, huh?
Maybe an American thing because the mtb riders here in Europe are chill. It's the roadies that everyone dislikes here. The so called "elite squads".

yes you are absolutely right
out of the hundreds of countries this world has
those 2 are the only possible scenarios about people who ride bikes

please kill yourself

>It's the roadies that everyone dislikes
those guys are douchebags as well, but yeah, it seems like the mtb guys here are the equivalent

Same, but red.

I remember getting my first paycheck when I was 18. Did I get a driving license? No. Car? No.
I basically ran to the bike shop, got my self a brand new, shiny 1990 Team Marin Classic. It cost me like 1200 bucks with all the extra toys I got.
No regrets, was shredding the road to work, the woods around town and the hills nearby.
>pic related, identical bike

I actually posted it in the pyb thread, but, what the hell.

>when the military sold them off
sweden no! :(
nice bike though, may it last for 1000 years!

ITT: fukn nerds

Get a gud bike

road bikes are for Freds and dentists

no wonder your children are homosexual and your wives are getting raped left and right

i used to take the bus at 6:30, and it was always empty. now i have to take it at 6 and it's always full so I take the bike through the back alleys of a semi-abandoned industrial district and it rules.

>he only rides down hills

Faggot. Get a proper enduro.

I am a dentist so fuck off.

Sup, Kona Bro?

I liek my biek

My enduro

full suspension enduros are for pussies. Enduro in general is just downhill for pussies.

Do you ride a cervelo?

thats sick where do you live?

Nice pussy gear ratio, nolegs.

how do you ride that bike?

This, great bike for the price

shit legs because he only goes down hills

i have 2 Konas. 1995 Fire Mountain and an early 2000 Cindercone. every day bike(to the station) is a carrera frameset with lots of extra bits. classic roadbike is an oversized aluminium frame cannondale from about 1997? but the peach is a Van Nicholas with Campag groupset. the VN bike is about £6.3K worth. i will be riding this dream in Surrey tomorrow

2014 Trek Stache XTR Crank and brakes, Sram XX rear mech,

OP here. Where did you find that?

that isn't a downhill bike you fucking tool

I've had accident, and ripped pedal threading straight out. Took photo while waiting for new crank and pedals to arrive

fuckin magician livin off people's lazyness
get a 3000$ carbon fibre mountainbike, it will be useful in the city too and is fitting of a dentist

I also have more fun than you

It's not a road bike bro, I ride up steep hills that aren't paved perfectly smooth

Nicolai ufo st. A bit old now, but still great (1x10 setup etc..)

MA. That's a stock photo but I have the same bike.

ty bb

dank af

This

nice, i had an accident and got my elbow fucked up (broken but no need for surgery fortunately)

nice bike. 26? do u use narrow-wide?

He already stated that downhill is his thing, and he also has an enduro bike despite it being for pussies... and it has a pussy gear ratio, even for enduro.

In other words, he only likes going down hills and has no legs. Try reading from the beginning.

>bike
1. It's not a "bike", it's a bicycle.
2. The term "bike" started being misapplied to bicycles in the 1970's when the Big Wheel was first introduced by Louis Marx and Company, and was prominent on their advertisements. This was a plastic toy ride-one for children who wanted to pretend they were riding an actual "bike" (motorcycle), which was more frequently called "bike" than "motorcycle" because it was a bicycle that was motorized and the "cycle" part made no sense, just as it makes no sense to now refer to an actual "bicycle" (which you cycle, i.e., peddle in a circle) as "bike"
2. Bicycles are for fags. They are a menace to every major city that they are in. True enough, most bike (motorcyclists) are fucking jackasses, ride like assholes, and are doing no more than posing on their low-budge ride because to attract chicks because they are too poorfag to afford an actual car.

tl;dr
Bikes are motorcycles, not bicycles, and bicycles are for fags.

Titanium and carbon fiber Javelin Boca that I built myself.

the original older bromptons are bulletproof, i bought two in the early 2000's when i found them on clearance (700$ new), one i use when i am servicing my mountain bikes and the other is done up in vaseline like a fuckin gun. ebay says 3500euros and the new ones are crap chinese made

Does that fold up?

looks like the pedals go below ground level.

I've bought this bike about 6 months ago and i've been already involved in about 10 accidents, in most of them i was pretty sure i'll have some broken limbs, but for some reason no. This bike is cursed, but it's cheap and fast way to get to work also xD

>posts stock photos of bikes

Show us the actual bikes all scratched up from your epic rides. Also post legs.

this and this why has no mod not deleted this thread and banned op?

wtf with Sup Forums these days?

this is why Sup Forums sucks badly now
most of the threads here have nothing to do with being random and have homes elsewhere with dedicated boards
it's as if post-m00t, there are no mods doing anything to keep even the slightest standards for Sup Forums and why everybody cool left out of frustration

yes

anyone who enjoys climbing more than downhill is fucked in the head. No one that rides "enduro" actually enjoys riding to the top.

Yeah, it kind of does. Must just be the angle.