Why is all Sup Forumscore music moody or negative?

Why is all Sup Forumscore music moody or negative?
Why can't you guys listen to some happy music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZnou4zthz4
youtube.com/watch?v=Cxq37RukKaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post happy music if you're so great

Animal Collective is happy, Beefheart is happy, and Neutral Milk Hotel morphs to whatever emotion you're in.

BULLshit. FUCK you.

OP is right. Let's post some happy shit. Being angry all the time makes me depressed and being depressed for too long makes me angry.

youtube.com/watch?v=KZnou4zthz4

ITAOTS is not happy music any way you slice it. That's a description for literally every other E6 band.

happy music doesn't exist

The first 3 songs are ecstatic.

Avalanches - Since I Left You
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Basically every Animal Collective album
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
Violent Femmes - s/t
They Might Be Giants - Flood
Pretty much every Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention album
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
Prince - Pruple Rain
Madvillain - Madvillainy
All of these are from the Sup Forumscore chart, and all of which are super happy. Even though most posters here are edgy depressed avant-teens, some still find it in their hearts to get over themselves and listen to happy music occasionally.

since I left you is happy

some itaots tracks can be happy if you are not native english speaker and havnt translated lyrics yet

mbv loveless is happy album, isn't it?

>Remain in Light
>not happy

>Violent Femmes
I don't think you have listened to that album.

Since I Left You is also a melancholy record to me. It's a party, but the partygoers are all dealing with stuff inside.

>The last two tracks
>Most of the lyrics
It's not a happy album.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cxq37RukKaA
This always makes me feel at peace, funilly enough as the song itself implies.
The album is one of the most depressing things ever, so this is really comforting, like it's all goign to be okay in the end.

lmao yeah, i listened to it like once, and completely ignored the lyrics.

Sup Forums loves sporkcore

The reason why most acclaimed albums tend to house unhappy emotions is because it doesn't feel as genuine otherwise. Most everyone is dealing with some shit internally, so we want our music to reflect that. For us on Sup Forums, we're dealing with more shit than most, so our music is emotionally heavier than most.

But even if you go back in time, our popular music is mostly rooted in the blues (what poor black guys played when they were feeling shitty), jazz (literally funeral music), and classical, which had its share of light dance and party music, but the stuff that tends to get remembered is of the extremely emotionally charged variety, and it's only become more emotionally intense with time, despite what the modernists might think. Everyone remembers and values the music that made them feel heavy things, all throughout history. It's not just us.

I listen to Perfume though, so what the fuck do I know.

>And mother drank until she was no longer speaking
>And daddy thought of all the different ways to die

Really cheers me up

Yeah The Beach Boys is real depressing

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but if you are, the Beach Boys do indeed, have some very sad music. Listen to Smiley Smile.

Oh, and also folk music. If you've ever listened to a lot of old timey folk music, or read the lyrics to old songs, holy shit it's like the most maudlin shit you can think of.

Music has always always been about draping heavy emotions in cheerful trimmings. Get used to it if you're dealing with art.

I've never considered Madvillain happy, maybe a little silly at times but not necessarily happy