Christianity General

Ask a Christian Thread.

Atheists have been getting a lot of flack here.
If you have any questions about Christianity, ask away.

You are free to insult me if you like.
I will not insult you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christians exist,

Because the only way their life can have meaning

>is if they get a reward at the end

Nice username Christfriend. How do you feel and react to the degeneracy around us?

>not posting Orthodox cross

a fucking leaf

We can all subscribe meaning to our lives, but the meaning is ultimately arbitrary. God gives you and I true meaning.

Thanks mate. It discourages me greatly but I try not to let it get me down. I try to help in my community anyway I can, whether it be food banks or volunteering. I got to the point where I can complain and sulk about it but what does that accomplish? I've gotta get out there.

All meaning is arbitrary without God.

If you were a Christian you'd leave this board immediately
Christ ate with sinners but he didn't hang out in brothels long enough to learn the lock code

I've never seen an atheist that thinks like that

I can assure you, I rarely lurk this board.
It's been a while (a long while) since I've done this and I've got some time to spare so I said why not.

how do you personally resolve the fact that any time anything bad ever happens god could have stopped it but didnt.

>hard mode: you cant say he is testing you because god allegedly is a telepath who knows whats in your heart

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

edgy image

Hmm, that's a good question.

This verse comes to mind.

>Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

While we have been saved and are being saved, we still live in a world filled with sin. Bad things will happen and yet even God can turn those bad things around for good.

Example: Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery. God turned it around and Joseph later became the ruler.

Hardships will come but God already let us know they would. How we respond is crucial. We should not be shaken if we know God is in control.

What happened since Jesus' death in regards to salvation? Did it go from works based to faith based? If not, why did Jesus have to die on a cross then?

We are saved by grave through faith.
Jesus died on the cross, bearing our sins on the cross as a payment for our sins.

In this, God is still loving and just.
Loving because he Sent his only begotten son to die for us.
Just because a payment for sin needed to be made.

>2 Corinthians 5:21
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

One thing I never understood was how atheists can justify belief in human rights. They have always been reasoned to come from God. If you don't have something higher than utility for justifying human rights, they are not intrinsic, but legal. Can anyone explain their reasoning?

You're all really hyped about Orthodoxism but aside from
>m u h a e s t h e t i c
it's not really a great denomination.
It encourages dogmatism and faith without understanding. It supplaces ritual with superstition. Although I guess it did save us from radical islamisation.
t. Eastern Orthodox born and raised

It's hard to explain their reasoning without tripping yourself. When it comes to their position, because it's legal, there will always be a way to find a way around their reasoning. The best thing to do is show the inconsistency in their reasoning. A lot of their reasoning and justification simply hasn't been challenged by anyone.

Hello, brothers in Christ.

It would be nice to see Christian generals on Sup Forums again.

/christian/ has unfortunately been getting slower and slower (fortunately along with the rest of that site) while the impure spam intensifies.

God bless you in your work ministering to the wayward sheep of this board.

Also could you please say a prayer for my safety as I practice driving in the coming weeks?

>2016
>still believing in fairy tales

What if I just have trouble with believing in the Genesis story? i.e. talking snake in a magical garden, etc.? Can't just say "it's metaphorical" because original sin is crucial to the Biblical narrative.

Being fair, it probably was a very tasty lunch.

can the Bible support evolution?
saying "apes"had to live in horrible condictions killing/eating maybe each other, the ice age, Natural Selections, such things..it kind of makes meekness akin to extintion. However Darwin seems scientifically correct . the problems is darwinism logically leads to eugenics

Truth isn't a function of the calendar.

It's pretty clear just from everyday observation that there's something genetically morally wrong with our species. We've all sinned. The earliest humans had to have sinned at some point. The details of that might just have been treated in such a way as to make a good story.

What does Ephesians 2:8-9 say?

Yeah, I can go look it up, but Christ probably would have brought the bantz to beat the bible-thumpers.

Genesis has long been read as non-literal. Only within the past couple of centuries has a literal reading become popular.

And even without being literal, it can still covey the same concept of original sin through allegory.

nothing about christianity is true tho. wake up

Reminder that Faith is a great weapon against subversion. While the lack of it can only lead to the collapse of society.
youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g

I'm sure you would say that you would jump in and save him. But you'd be lying.

If God created everything and God is all good how is there bad things?

This. Don't get too hung up on literalism.

*tips fedora*

Anyone that says works aren't necessary are lying to themselves. John makes it very clear that faith without works, is dead.

Faith in Jesus as Lord is what makes salvation possible, but as Revelations and countless other verses say, in the end we will be judged by our works.

No where does it say that we will be judged by faith. Faith makes salvation possible, works make it an actuality.

;_; my society collapsed about 1 decade ago

God created some creatures with the ability to make moral decisions for themselves, and those creatures decided to do evil.

Definitely brother.
We need to be praying for others as well. We're all in this together.

noice brazil

Never ever let the devil into your house.

It doesn't say God created everything anywhere in the Bible.

In Genesis after everything God does make, he sees that it is very good.

Evil exists because of Satan.

If you say that's metaphorical, what else do you say is metaphorical?

Does the bible address these events elsewhere in the bible as metaphorical? If not, you're treading on shaky ground.

Here you go

>Ephesians 2:8-9
for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

So much certainty. Are you (a) god?

No. I only know because I am honest with myself. Even for me it would be an incredibly difficult decision.

So you're saying that no-one, christian or atheist, would jump in to save the drowning man?

It's an epistle so it's gonna be Paul spouting some shit.
>8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
>9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Hey, that's one I can recite but don't know where it's found.
>God created some creatures with the ability to make moral decisions
So, God isn't omniscient?
Wait, you're saying God didn't make everything? I don't think I've heard anyone say this. Tell me mote about your heretical sounding beliefs.

>For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

>fortunately along with the rest of that site)
No, fuck you. /hebe/ is dead and that is a tragedy.

That's not what I said.

>It doesn't say God created everything anywhere in the Bible

Literally Gen.1:1
>In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Given that the bible doesn't make reference to a larger solar system, let alone a galaxy or the entire universe, god pretty much created the whole show right at the top of page 1.

Revelation 2:9

Did God create evil? No. End of discussion. It's not heretical. You saying that God created everything is what is heretical, and it's complete unbiblical.

Yeah, and then he went to create other things!

So no, unbiblical, heretical talk is all this is.

Haven't seen a christ general in ages. Feels good to see it coming back.

God did create everything, for everything is of God. Evil is not a thing of creation, it is a corruption of creation. The creation is forever pure and good.

>So, God isn't omniscient?
God is omniscient. Your reasoning doesn't follow.

Lucifer was part of creation. Lucifer rebelled against God, evil came into being from Lucifer. That was before things truly became corrupt.

Evil exists. Are you going to say God created evil?

Sorry, what? He created the heaven and the earth, and then he went on to populate the earth with plants and animals. The original question was whether there was anything created which was not created by god. I think genesis pretty squarely covers all of the bases. So if your contention is that something was created by another power: what was this power; and where are your scriptural references for this creative act?

Sin was not created by God.

who was the first kike to put his cock in you? or are you saving you holes for that kike jesus' cock?

a dumber conspiracy theory... well i heard about this giant kike nigger in the sky that judges you after you die...kind of like santa but no presents

this giant kike nigger in the sky had a big nose rape baby with some other kikes wife and the little rape baby bastard said "turn the other cheek whenever kikes fuck you over and let them fuck you over some more"

i think that is the dumbest conspiracy theory ever... and i doubt anyone will ever believe that stupid shit...

Been on the fence about joining a church, for a while now. Getting pretty sick of being an agnostic.

I won't lie, half of the reason I'm considering converting is to surround myself with decent people, and up the chances for dating a virgin qt.

But I am genuinely interested in giving faith a shot, and going beyond "just showing up Sunday morning."

Any recommendations for a Church that has followers that aren't Christians on Sundays only?

Any tips/warnings about Church life in general? (ie, opinions on mega-churches, how to ease into church life, possible red flags, etc.)

Any Bible recommendations? (I'm pretty my father gave me a KJV one, should I just start reading?)

If he knows everything how can we be said to make choices? Aren't we just doing what he made us to do?
Really? These shitposting thrrads are a constant thing. They never leave.

>Sin was not created by God
Do you mean the desire to sin, or the option to sin? Clearly, the capability to sin was created at the same point that god decided to put a forbidden tree right in the middle of his earthly paradise.

If, however, you simply mean that he wasn't responsible for inciting his creations to sin, then I would have to refer you back to the previous paragraph. If you don't put a forbidden tree in paradise, nobody will consider eating from it.

Start reading from the beginning.

Picking a Church is very hard especially if you are a protestant. The RCC has been degraded as well.

If you are looking for a girl though, your main bet (if you want her to be white) is some sort of protestant church. Although, she probably won't actually believe any of it, she just does it for daddy.

Another very important aspect is to research and learn about the resurrection.

No. Him knowing everything does not prevent us from making our own choices.

God does not make anyone do anything.

I'm not going to argue with you about this. If you really want to know the answer, talk to a priest, clearly you won't take my word for it. Saying God created everything is simply giving ammunition to Atheists.

Did God create the devil? No. End of story. Therefore, God did not create everything.

I'll never worship a kike fag. Especially one who's representative share jail cells with Fogle.

why did god think it was good for Lot to offer his daughters to a crowd of rapists and the later (in the cave) breed with them?

why are bignose kikes so into inbreed when there man jawed, bignosed women are so ugly most times?

opinion OP?

Thank you for your post.

If I was in your shoes, the first thing that I would do would be to look up churches in your area. Keep in mind that I am a protestant so I am aware of my bias.

When you find a couple, check out their website and their statement of faith. Some statements of faith are founded upon biblical truths and every sentence will be backed up by scripture. I'd encourage you find a bible believing church that is serious about the word.

Of course, I would discourage you from going to a place like this with the intention of potentially compromising a girl's virginity.

Churches always need help. You should have no trouble finding ways to help out around the church. Find a small - mid sized church. Couple hundred is good. When you reach megachurch, you'll hardly get to know anyone. People kinda just go in and out.

>Any recommendations for a Church that has followers that aren't Christians on Sundays only?
I can only recommend the Army because it's the only church I have any experience attending.
>should I just start reading?
Just start at the beginning, don't listen to fucktards who say to start with the gospels. You don't start a book halfway through and you can't read about a guy's teachings without reading the stuff he's building off of.
Skip genealogies unless you need to go back to figure out who a character is. And have fun with it. And there's going to be a lot of stories that make no fucking sense, just roll with it.

Ephesians 6 12

What did he mean by that?

>Picking a Church is very hard especially if you are a protestant. The RCC has been degraded as well.

Was raised (a VERY lax) Protestant. It would probably be my go-to, but I'm open to Catholicism and Orthodox.

>If you are looking for a girl though, your main bet (if you want her to be white) is some sort of protestant church. Although, she probably won't actually believe any of it, she just does it for daddy.

That's a shame, I was actually hoping to meet people, more than just qts, who actually take the faith and moral foundations seriously.

>Another very important aspect is to research and learn about the resurrection.

Will do, thanks user.

Sup Forums is a christian board. atheists belong in more blue pilled sjw forums such as reddit/r/politicis, you'll find more support for your self-hatred there.

the old "in and out" with a virgin or two is what he said he wanted...so megachurch it is!

thinking about joining now too :) thanks
t

AYO WE WUZ KRIZCHUNZ N SHEEIT

>Did God create the devil? No. End of story. Therefore, God did not create everything.
Don't worry about replying, since you're clearly out of your depth. However, I should just point out the slight problem that exists in your reasoning here:

>god created the angels
>lucifer was an angel

It seems that you want us to believe two things:

1. God is a shitty workman, since his angels are defective
2. God can't spot a disaster in the making since he chose to put dangerous shrubbery in easy reach of both his new creation and his old, defective one.

At this point, why exactly are we calling him god?

>looking for a Protestant girl faking her faith

Enjoy your divorce. Roman life is the way to go boys and girls. My RCIA class was full of young, faithful, attractive women who seriously want to be a wife and mother.

When the lecturer was talking about the wife obeying her husband, and marriage for life no matter what all their pony tails were bobbing up and down like mad.

It was glorious. Hell, I've already got a chick trying to set me up with her friend. And I only got baptized on Pentecost.

Roman life for me. I have some qualifiers for sure.

>never been previously married
>never lived with a boyfriend
>no kids
>attends mass on her own accord
>must believe that divorce is an impossible solution
>must want kids
>parents must also be involved in the faith

That way, I have their backup if things get squirrely.

You would have to go. Going to RCC or Orthodox Church is completely different from going to a protestant church. It's like going to a funeral vs a birthday party, (very crude, very exaggerated, but it will have to do).

I'm not saying it's impossible to find one that actually does, you can. If you really want to speak to someone that truly believes speak with the Pastor/Priest.

Isn't one of the core points of orthodoxy that they already understand everything? I feel orthodox just 'gets it' and all the ritual is just the next level. I find in protestant churches the sermons are still trying to convince people Jesus are real.

I think Lot knocking up his daughters was framed as a bad thing because I think the Moabites and Ammonites were bad guys. I'm not sure though. And anyway, Abram married his half-sister. Incest is alright with YWVH if it's certain kinds sometimes.

>When you find a couple, check out their website and their statement of faith. Some statements of faith are founded upon biblical truths and every sentence will be backed up by scripture. I'd encourage you find a bible believing church that is serious about the word.

That's good to know, I'll start going through them. Is there anything else that might help in separating serious churches from the others?

>Of course, I would discourage you from going to a place like this with the intention of potentially compromising a girl's virginity.

Won't be an issue, I've always had pretty puritanical views about sex. I'm just at a point in my life where I'm on the crux of actually starting life, and can still date 18-20 year olds. We've all seen the statistics on promiscuity and marriage success rates, I just want to tip the odds in my favor. That and I'd prefer any children of mine get a faith-based upbringing regardless of my personal views.

>Churches always need help. You should have no trouble finding ways to help out around the church. Find a small - mid sized church. Couple hundred is good. When you reach megachurch, you'll hardly get to know anyone. People kinda just go in and out.

Noted. If I pick a church on the smaller end, is it recommended to talk with the priest first? Or should I just show up on a Sunday and work to integrate myself?

>I can only recommend the Army because it's the only church I have any experience attending.

What's it like?

>Just start at the beginning, don't listen to fucktards who say to start with the gospels. You don't start a book halfway through and you can't read about a guy's teachings without reading the stuff he's building off of.

Alright, I've actually usually heard to start with gospels, so I'll just discard that.

Thanks to both of you anons.

Serious question

What denom?
Do you like it?
Any honest criticisms or pros/cons?
Can I get a qt at church?

>protestors throw a party for the Stations of the Cross
>the Crucifixion is praised with wanton dancing and clapping
>snakes
>guitars and drums
>people talking during the Eucharistic Miracle

Aren't Catholics notorious for being sinful?

Also Catholics are shrinking in the west and their populations are aging. Meanwhile evangelical churches are young and women outnumber men.

I don't like where the Catholics are going with this new SJW pope bowing to Islamic invaders.

Speak to a priest. All your questions stem from a several lack of study and understanding of the fundamentals. I am not insulting you, so I hope you do not take it that way. If you are really seeking genuine answers you should speak to a priest. Other wise you are just wasting your time on something you currently don't really care about. Although, you must care at least a little considering you are talking about it in the first place.

Matthew 6:15
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

If you hold someone's trespasses against them, you are marking them for death, as God's judgement will be called to repay the trespass. Essentially pointing at someone and saying "this person did this and it's unforgivable".

Here's an example in scripture; Numbers 12. Moses didn't think of holding a grudge against his friends for speaking to him in such a way, and pleaded with God for Miriam.

If you forgive them, they are not your enemy and there will be no hard feelings and you will be doing God's will. If you don't forgive people, you will be a hypocrite to ask God to forgive you, since you will not be willing to do the same for someone else.

I find it extremely difficult today to do this, you just have to turn on the news or come on Sup Forums and see how many enemies of God there are.

But we are to pray for our enemies and those that hate us, including people like Hillary Clinton and George Soros, etc. God loves everyone, and those people need God just as much as we do.

Let's encourage each other in this difficult time, instead of arguing against each other and scoring points with insults, for they are really marks against ourselves.

>Also Catholics are shrinking in the west and their populations are aging
To be fair, most people get a little shorter as they get older, so it's hardly surprising that an ageing population is shrinking.

how the fuck would it be difficult? its fucking water. maybe if there were sharks swimming around i would get the hell out but i can swim so im jumping in to save someone. why is that so hard for you to decide?

You meant that for

Everyone is sinful.

You have twice now referred me to a priest. You clearly assume that I have never spoken to a priest, or had any experience of religion outside Sup Forums. You are sorely mistaken.

>should I just show up on a Sunday and work to integrate myself?
That's always the best.
>What's it like?
It's pretty nice. Be warned, if you like things like baptism and communion it won't be so nice. If you like songs and doing charity it might be for you.
Just try it, we're fun.

Yeah, Hollywood. Sure.

There are cultural Catholics and there are Romans. I'm a Roman. Attendance of Mass is mandatory. I usually go to Sunday Vigil, held on Saturday night.

Abortion is wasteful and killing our future. Homosexual fornication is wrong but so is fornication for straight people.

There are bad Catholics but honestly more teachers on America are fucking kids then Priests are.

Roman life is strict observance. And young people are eating it up like starving prisoners of progressive liberalism.

nice holy trips, praise it

I've never understood how Jesus can simultaneously be a person like the rest of us, who died for us, as a human, when humans are inherently sinful? humans = sinful, jesus = perfect, jesus != human? can you explain this?

Hello brothers!
I've always had my faith, even during very sinful times in my life. As of late, I have returned yet again and hopefully won't stray. Grew up in "nice" churches, but have been enjoying God's judgement stuff and hellfire. I'm not so afraid of hearing it anymore, feels good actually.

>Attendance of Mass is mandatory
How many times a week do you attend mass?

>We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
Basically it's a mystery and also stop thinking about it so hard.

Yes it can, you dumb nigger.

I attend Mass every single Sunday, or Sunday Vigil of course. No fail. I've gone out with friends on weekends and taken a break to attend Mass at other parishes.

Beyond that, I attend noon mass during the week, but not always. The key is, I honestly partake in partake in confessional before every Mass I attend.

The reason is I won't take Communion without being in am honest, righteous state of grace.

For a man to be In danger of drowning the conditions are obviously not worthy of, it's just water. Water is extremely powerful and should not be underestimated. But hey, if you would jump in some scary stuff and try to save them, I commend you for it.

>it would be difficult to decide whether or not to save someone from drowning?

Fucking why? Do you not know how to swim?

wait
>christian
>can't swim
>only has empathy because of gawd

oh nvm, you're a nigger arent you? should have figured.

>understand the basic principle of christianity
>stop thinking
k

God created everything that is good.

He was God.