What is Korean culture? I know China and Japan have a very rich culture but what about Korea

What is Korean culture? I know China and Japan have a very rich culture but what about Korea.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_South_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_art
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_philosophy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am worried about the hygiene side, but think that there is the food culture.

try Wikipedia

Dancing the gangnam style and committing suicide

Dont forget sitting 10 hours a day playing starcraft and/or mobas

Eating kimchi.

Without memeing

Ethnic pride/nationalism for being a country/people that got the shit end of the stick in history and made it to a first world status
Respecting elders no matter what/Confucianism
Religion is some weird Buddhist/Christian hybrid for most
Also a united disillusionment with society, especially among the young
Also god tier food

takeshi-kun…

Apparently they offer their women to invaders or so they say.

Why the nuts does everyone expect us to have a culture? Can culture keep you warm at night?

those arent really culture but some mindset

in all seriousness, nothing. other than some of spicy food.

but at least they have the food. so its alright i guess. there're countries that dont even have such notable food.

internalized han anger issues

Is it true that you toss dirt toilet paper in a trashcan instead of a toilet? :/

I'm about to finish my degree and I know I want the experience of teaching abroad.

I always thought I'd go to China or Japan since I can passably read, write, and speak both of their languages.

But now that the date is getting closer (I graduate this December) I'm thinking about Korea, too, even though I don't speak or know any Korean.

I've had terrible interactions with Chinese and Japanese people both here and abroad (I went to China for a few months in 2012) but all my experiences with Korean people have been pleasant.

Anyone here want to weigh in on teaching/living in Korea?

If this doesn't take off in this thread I'll just make my own thread later.

Yeah. Still does, but not entirely. some people can't catch up with the technology and have 70's mindset.

>asking Sup Forums for help with a major life decision

>I've had terrible interactions with Chinese and Japanese people both here and abroad (I went to China for a few months in 2012) but all my experiences with Korean people have been pleasant.

>you had to express this for some reason

Japan literally stole all of China's rich culture. Japan has nothing, they're leeching jungle Asians

Was Chinese influence really that strong? I'm sure Japan came up with their own unique traditions.

I wanted to give some background information about why I was considering Korea when I hadn't learned their language, since the obvious answer would be "why the fuck would you be interested in Korea over the other two if you can't speak the language?".

Being ungrateful little shits and bitching about Japan
Killing themselves
Playing American video games

That's the extent of culture they have.

And this is why he's going to Korea and not japan.

Here. Lemme google that for u. Here's a couple links.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Korea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_South_Korea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Korea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_art

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_inventions_and_discoveries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_philosophy

first off, you know, your surroundings represent a country. and neither do those crowds depicted in media.
but i wont talk shit about it.
just go to sk, you dont really need a valid or object reason to go somewhere. believe your sense.
wut

>represent
*dont represent

Reddit would be a better place to ask than here. Most of the people here barely leave their room.

We have no culture. It is the fact. All of our culture come from China, Japan and the US. But I don't know what is the problem about cultureless.

>Reddit would be a better place to ask than here
For sure, but there's no reason I should only pick one or the other.