Checkmate

Checkmate

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/24/five-impossible-facts-that-would-have-to-be-true-if-the-earth-were-flat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in a game with idiots you don't win

what if you move it to the left so half is dark half is light, rotate the flat earth for night and day

Checkmate

hmm no one to challenge the truth of flat earth?

yeah, here ya go:
the earth, like nearly every celestial being in the orbit of any other, is spherical in nature

The sun is now a desk lamp to retard flat earthfags

[citation needed]

the earth is a disc because fuck physics

when we as a species look into space
we can see planets.
those planets are round.
we can see multiple angles of those planets,
also round from those angles.
we've sent satellites to make sure,
and guess what,
they are round,
and so is this planet.

hur dur but nasa is lying hur dur dur

Problem with that argument is that literally anyone can get a telescope and see for themselves that other planets are spheres.
I wonder how they explain that one, sorcery?

It flips like a coin, dumbass

that's even more retarded than the lamp in the sky

It's a conspiracy and Big Telescope is in on it

there's actually a very high chance that all of those planets and stars in ours and other systems are actually facing us in synchronized orbit so that they appear spherical and round from our perspective

[/flat earthers actually believe this]

yeah but most of those planet rotate on themselves, which makes it impossible for them to simply be discs

Okay think about this, the 3 dimensional properties of sub atomic particles fit with the physics of spherical shapes. The very large planets and stars also fit this spherical shape mathematically. There is symmetry in physics everywhere, don't you think it would apply to the very large and very small? If not, you need very concrete data to argue otherwise that will undermine all that has been mathematically proven in physics thus far. New thereoms for gravity, light, projectiles, quantum mechanics, relativity etc.

fpbp

Also, if you can prove flat earth mathematically, you are sitting on a gold mine.

then explain how only half of the earth could have a line of sight to the sun if it was flat?
inb4 >muh mountains

There's actually a second, stationary disc above the earth, with a wedge cut out of it so the sun only shines on that spot, while the rest is dark.
The bottom of it has spherical lights hanging from it to simulate stars and planets.

Read the physical papers yourself, I'm not going to regurgitate data that is public record. Look through the formulas and decide for yourself if they make sense. I already have and it makes sense to me.

And you call round earthers crazy? The amount of complicated construction and intricate lying is enormous. I would more quickly believe 9/11 was an inside job, and that we haven't landed on moon than this chicanery

i wasn't saying I agree with flat earthers, I think that shit is stupid.
I was just putting forth a theory on how you could achieve a day/night cycle with a disc shaped planet.

I miss Jon's show.
He was a national treasure.

Ah my bad user

Agreed

how would the flat earthers know? doubt they are very good at math

Agreed I only said this because I know none of them can.

what physical papers my dude

There are a lot of gets in here

I dunno, newton physics to start, that is the easiest

These dubs aren't flat

>*newtonian
excuse me

newtonian physics further reinforce the fact that the earth is a sphere....

an object with the least amount of stress is a sphere user, not a plate or flat plane

We aren't getting into this man, if I can't prove your stupidity to you, maybe Einstein, Newton, or Tesla can.

Tesla? Did he talk about physics? wasn't he electricity? are you pulling scientists out of your ass?

>nu-n-no....i-it-ts-its j-just youre too dumb to g-get it-t-it

Trying to convince a flat-earther that they're wrong is like trying to explain evolution or climate change to a conservative

Tesla made advancements in a multitude of physical fields one of them electricity, yes.

you would always be able to see the sun in that case

No, what you said is correct but it supports my argument not yours. But I don't want to get into your misunderstanding of what you said.

>impling the lamp isn't solar powered
the lamp isnt on at night because theres no sun

You missed the point of what he was trying to say.

I think they bury flat earth people fairly good here - forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/24/five-impossible-facts-that-would-have-to-be-true-if-the-earth-were-flat/

That said I have trouble believing that anyone (from a 1st world country) actually believes the Earth is flat. I think it is a massive troll op. They say stupid things to get people to exert effort responding. Like a kid who keeps saying "what?" until the other person finally realizes they could hear all along.

This for sure

>a sphere is an object of least stress
>this PROVES that earth is is a state of little stress by being a a plane
nigger what?

I think he means a sphere has the most shape stability and the least stress of forces on it. Which would support sub atomic particles, planets, and stars forming spherical shapes.

There's no arguing with those people, even if you provide them with evidence that is factual or mathematically sound they will dismiss it with their conspiracy theories and supposed cover ups.

I fucking hate Forbes because they make me turn off my adblocker, but this article was worth it.

Like water droplets for example.

get
gud

>google.com
>paste link and search
>view cached

That's not how a flat Earth works mate. The sun is local on a flat Earth and the sun is approximately the same size as the moon. You haven't looked into this, have you? And no, don't go to the flat Earth society and think that we believe what they believe. They are a shill group. They still claim that gravity exists. Real flat Earthers do not believe in the existence of gravity. Go to YouTube and type in "ODD Reality". Click on his 24/7 flat Earth live stream. And don't just click off of it the moment you hear something you don't agree with. Really give it a chance before you totally shit on it. You cannot claim to believe in science if you aren't at least willing to test a theory different than your own. His live stream is a compilation of different videos, commentaries and interviews with legitimate scientific minds along with other clips and such. Give it a shot. I mean think about it, I believed the Earth was a globe all my life too. Why wouldn't I? It's been fed to me my whole life starting in early childhood. It's all I ever heard. The sickest part about our public school system is that people just eat up the BS fed to them and then they are told that they are smart for regurgitating it to others without ever questioning where these answers come from and w/o came up with them. You just take it and run. Makes life easier when you don't have to think, huh? All the thinking been done for you. So just sit back, relax and enjoy your blissful ignorance.

Well this thread is kill, this douchnozzel is an Uber troll.

Nope. Sorry bro. I'm for real. Why don't you at least give ODD a look? What can you really lose if you KNOW I'm wrong? You must be offended because you feel im calling you dumb for never using your head to think for yourself or at least question your fixed reality.

>the earth is flat
no. it's against the laws of physics. in order for it to be flat, it would have to be the size of an asteroid

>the sun and moon are tiny af and rotate over the disk that is earth. that is why we have night and day
then we would always be able to see the sun. it would always be day or the night would be less bright than days, not pitch black.

>NASA is lying to us about it because they are corrupt
NASA is filled with employees that are honest scientists many even fresh from college. if there was a big conspiracy, I would promise there would be a shit ton of whistleblowers. most scientists are scientists because they want to evolve and expand our understanding of nature and our universe, not because of money, though it's a big plus. also, how would anyone gain anything from lying about the laws of physics for the entire world?

>fucking libtards thinking the earth is round. triggered lolololol
I promise you, both left and right are laughing their asses off. I am a fucking Nazi and I think the flat earth is stupid too.
>inb4 gtfo to Sup Forums

>NASA use fisheye lenses to make the disk appear round.
nope. if there were a big ass fucking organisation like NASA filled with mother fucking physicist and scientists, they would know that some people would recognise this. there are people that are professionals at creating lenses like this. there are also photographers that are independent. this is a retarded argument. NASA is not filled with fucking niggers straight from Somalia's space program

the earth is not flat. people have known this for thousands of years. you are making a huge fool out of your self if you unironically tell people the earth is flat. I can promise you that your own mother is talking bad about you behind your back as she is disappointed in how far her own child has drifted into insanity like this. you're delusional.

Oh you are just stupid, okay I got you.

All of this applies to global warming as well. Retards think its a conspiracy.

So salty. I must've really gotten under your skin. Not to mention the fact that you aren't willing to look into it and you're calling ME stupid. I already know the globe Earth stuff and know what they've told me all my life. I searched out a different opinion. You refuse to do the same because life is more comfortable when there is no work to be done. Again, it's all been done for you. Reminds me of a quote from the Truman Show where his teacher tells him there's no point in exploring because everything has already been figured out. No need to look, it's been done for you.

Please bump my thread. Please answer a question or two.

no. if you live on a flat plain and there is a huge as fucking ball of light able to warm your skin and boil water if it shines on metal. you would be able to see it all the time. look at the sun right now if you cam, that shit is fucking bright. if the earth is flat, it would always be visible. in northern Europe where I live, there is a time of year where the sun never goes down, though it is night. the sun only goes pretty far to the horizon. later in the year, the sun goes down, but just bearly. we can still see the light from the sun lights up the atmosphere. you can see this at every twilight. it never goes to pitch black instantly. its because the sun is as bright as it is. if the earth is flat, it would never be dark and you would always see the sun. even behind mountains you could see the sunlight as the sky would be blue

One could say it applies to pretty much any consipracy theory, 9/11, pizzagate, the moon landing, you name it. Parallels can be drawn across the board.

user I'm a research biochemist. I have read both sides, and your side doesn't fit with onservation.

>over 95% of scientists say global warming is legit.
>sides with the 5% that are independent scientist that also is biased because of religion.
yeah. its pretty retarded.

The lamp is a conspiracy. There is no lamp

>observation
Whoops

1. you're a damn troll nothing more. You don't believe shit.

2. That forbes link above is more than you can handle anyhow.

3. Any asshole with an airplane could easily prove the earth was flat or not... because you can fly in any damn direction you want and circle back. You'd hit an edge if the earth wasn't a sphere.

4. Funny how government is too incompetent to do anything... except pull off all these massive conspiracies without a hitch :D

LMAO!!!

>biochemist
>I know how life works so, therefore, i have the high ground in an argument about the shape of earth

Engineer here. Earth is flat. I calculated it myself

THERE IS NO LAMP. Then you will see that it is not the lamp that illuminates, it is only yourself.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm saying the people who *don't* believe in global warming are retarded. Although "believe" isn't the right word since it's not a belief, it's the understanding of a phenomena

No, I'm saying I actually have colleagues in other sciences as I work at a university, some are Astro physicists.

Nasa does lie, for politics. They're not perfect. But it takes a retarded to think the flat is earth.

Not that hard to figure out OP.

>Actually dignifying flat earth theory with attempted refutation
If they're stupid enough to think the earth is flat they're not worth the effort of trying to argue with them

>2017
>still belives earth is globe

No you are stupid

kek

I said the same my dude. people who don't believe in global warming are retarded.

global warming is an obvious thing where I live. when I was a child I used to play in the snow with my friends. we created huge bases with advanced tunnels and stuff. it was awesome. now there is barely any snow to ski. the climate has changed drastically since I was a child.

nigga please

The issue of global warming is really badly named, I think a lot of people agree with "the globe is warming", but disagree on how fast, will it bring the end of days, are people to blame, etc.

>2017
>still use current year argument
dead meme, dude.

Y'know the funny thing is this fucking debate will never actually have any real life impact in any of our lives. You will spend your entire life on this ground. You will be born on it, you will live on it for a short period of time, you will die on it, and you will return to it either by burial or cremation. Ya'all stupid motherfuckers are wasting your minuscule span of existence arguing about something that, for all intents and purposes, doesn't fucking matter one bit. Congratulations, you played yourselves.

no. the reason people argue is to get other perspectives. what is stupid is to go into an argument and refusing to change your mind. if you accept facts and stuff you most certainly gain a lot from arguing. I have argued with Muslims about how fucked up Islam is and "won" the argument. by that I mean they changed their mind. they changed my mind as well sometimes. I see both outcomes as winning as you gain more than you lose either way. the more you argue, the more knowledge you acquire. the more knowledge you acquire about the world you live in, the better your life becomes. but only if you refuse to be ignorant.

>2017
>still believing in night