This isn't bad at all

This isn't bad at all

Little Motel is the only good song

most of the songs are either really great or really shit. also the track order is pretty bad. not a great album to listen to the whole way through but there are some amazing standalone songs (parting of the sensory, little motel, spitting venom, invisible)

M&A > Long Drive > Everywhere = BNOOS > LCW >> Good News >>>> We Were Dead >> Strangers

Not bad? I think it's great! More accessible than the albums preceding, but Marr was a fantastic addition.

little motel is the worst song on the album

fair enough. personally I would go:
M&A > LCW > Everywhere = Long Drive >> Good News = BNOOS = We Were Dead >> Strangers

Isaac Brock's lyrical motif becomes especially grating with every new release. The emotional plain speaking with the occasional line of clever wordplay that characterized his early work got turned into songs that consist of nothing besides ironic saying after ironic saying. Like almost every song from Good News and then on is some pithy little play on words or ironic concept stretched into a song.

examples?

yeah but it isn't good is it.

it is what 19yo american girls in 1999 listened to because they thought it was speaking directly to them, and they rejected teh whole spice girls things profusely.

mediocrity embodied.

Long Drive > LCW > M&A > BNOOS > WWD > Good News = Strangers

as for EPs, probably
I8 > Fruit > Everywhere > No One's First
idk where night on the sun goes if it even counts? I can't even remember if it had any original tracks.

Sad Sappy Sucker would land before WWD/Strangers/Good News/No One's First.. maybe even right before Everywhere ep

bitch this came out in 2007 idk what you're on about

Yeah, I would disagree with you on this album specifically--it's probably the most consistent of the post-lcw discography--but, boy oh boy, do their later records have a lot of filler it's ridiculous.

A like this album a lot. I think it's actually a pretty good record. The issue, though, I think, is that it doesn't have nearly the amount of depth as their previous ones do. I mean, this one has hardly any replay value at all, which is really sad.

It's not so much that Good News and We Were Sinking are as bad as they're made out to be as much as it is that TLCW and TM&A really aren't as good as they're made out to be.

well, the former each have 5+ filler songs while the latter each have 1

tlcw > m&a > building nothing out of something = long drive = interstate 8 > good news > sad sappy sucker > we were dead > strangers

spitting venom is amazing desu

I like almost every song desu. Is it as good as their first 3 records? No but it's still pretty good.

Parting of the Sensory is easily one of their best songs ever

we've got everything best track

Great tune desu

we're got everything down to a science

>songs while the latter each have 1
shit luck and wild packs of family dogs are good

>wild packs of family dogs
Maybe my favorite song by them ever. I wanna meet Isaac one day to ask him what it means. I've been thinking about that song for half my life.

Spitting Venom is one of the top 10 MM songs

No not at all, I don't get the hate for it, there's a lot of amazing tracks on the record.

Also LCW>BNOoS>Sad Sappy Sucker>Good News>Everywhere>Interstate 8>M&A>Long Drive>We Were Dead>The Fruit That Ate Itself>No One's First and You're Next>Tube Fruit>Strangers>Uncle Bunny Faces'>A Mouthful of Lost Thoughts

i was referring to long distance drunk

Maybe it's hated because Dashboard was a pretty big song

it's a great pop tune but doesn't really fit with most of their other songs

huh. i was 100% on shit luck

Has nothing on any of their previous works.

Good thing music isn't a competition

LCW > M&A > Long Drive > We Were Dead > BNOOS > Good News > Strangers

EPs: Everywhere > Fruit > No One

>Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks

GOAT EP and companion to M&A