Which first world country currently has the closest resemble to the novel 1984?

Which first world country currently has the closest resemble to the novel 1984?

I'm thinking its either Germany or England

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UCm6LNj7P0
youtube.com/watch?v=PbLdf47-Pk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's either us, Canada, Sweden or Germany.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UCm6LNj7P0

Definitely us

North Korea?

Forgot to add, they already brainwash people there and change history. Pretty similar to 1984

>first world country

Didnt read it carefully :/

England. They have cameras everywhere. Plus their whole knife and spoon ban.

US if Drumpf becomes president.

Actually if Bernie becomes president since he's for big government

US if Drumpf becomes president

>$0.25 has been added to your account

>There are no shills
>It's just Republican slander

Bongland for sure.

>Drumpf

John Oliver, pls

Definitely GB, hands down.

How's your (you) farm coming?

Hurdee Hurr Huurrrrr

Huxley and Orwell were both right and wrong about some things, but England has become the most like 1984 that I can think of.

People will always say England but we aren't the ones with roving cameras with microphones attached on the streets.
youtube.com/watch?v=PbLdf47-Pk4

The majority of our CCTV is privately owned and we don't have police shooting people dead for farting in the wrong direction.

Dude fuck you, liberal Obama has overseen the unprecedented expansion of domestic spying.

the UK hands down. Isn't part 1 of the book basically their constitution? I mean with all the telescreens and all. The hate speech youtube video bans, they're pretty Orwellian.

We're a lot more likely in the next few decades to see pic related than 1984.

England, the way bongs are watched 24/7 by cameras all over the country, scares the shit out of me.
plus they have such a social presure for being good goys, they can't even walk with a butter knife.

>telescreens
whut?
>hate speech youtube video bans
if youtube bans somebody how is that Britains doing?

Us.

1984 and BNW are not competing models, they are different extremes of the same model, the carrot and the stick.

England at 1 for sheer volume of insanity.

Sweden at 2 for actively censoring the Internet like the dailymail article about the Swedish woman who was raped & killed by refugees.

Germany at 3 for numbers of its citizens actively supporting some of the policies of its police state (though they at least still have general access to firearms).

USA, pretending to be nice guys while literally being the world bully.

If you dont think its DPRK you're a 14 year olf tinfoiler.

The irony is the most surveilled society is EVERYBODY, and its not the government or police doing it, its each other and on themselves, with facebook, camera phones out the moment something happens, twitter, nobody can stop self snitching and recording everybody on the street.

England. After all, 1984's storyline ocurrs in London.

UK hands down, no contest. TV licence?

Agreed, in the west. But in the east I believe it is quite Orwellian in many ways.

More likely to become animal farm tbqhwy

England or US

I'm sure that would happen if Sanders or Hillary wins

>picking the US or Britain
>not picking North Korea, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or another actually totalitarian shithole

>Which first world country currently has the closest resemble to the novel 1984?

you tell me

West is a mix of Brave New World and 1984 more or less. Most 1984esque country is Germany.
t. Man who lived for extended periods everywhere in the West except for Lichtenstein and Slovakia.
P.S. Balkans and Eastern Europe are not included in the West and first world

Firsts,East Germany for listening, London for watching, now the whole fucking world thanks to the NSA!

PICK UP THAT CAN

>The majority of our CCTV is privately owned and we don't have police shooting people dead for farting in the wrong direction.

You mean you don't have weapons to defend yourself when the niggers and mudslimes come for you and the police and government clap and cheer it on.

Also cops rarely pull people over unless you're in a nigger neighborhood or doing something suspicious.