Why is this cool in the US but the 1975 aren't?

Right - the 1975 are a pretty huge band in Britain (they're not that cool and have more of a boyband demographic here though) - and to my knowledge UK indie bands that aren't as huge in the US tend to be much more revered as cool acts (Kasabian?). They came out with the sound that Paramore jumped all over with After Laughter (sure, it wasn't that original, but they definitely made it popular now to some extent). Even Arcade Fire blatantly ripped off their promo art for the Everything Now cover.

Paramore are an ex-pop punk band that have never been cool and have been massive in the US for over a decade. Why do you think After Laughter was more embraced by fantano etc of the two records?

Maybe cuz Paramore is one of the pop punks bands that mature over the time, i'm not pretending to be that tipical hipster that says their pop punk style are shit cuz i like it, but with their new album their show something more original and mature than their early projects, that's why even Fantano gve a positive review to that album

I can't talk about The 1975 cuz i don't listen them yet

This isn't cool in the US

If you go on Tumblr plenty of them love the 1975. The most effort I ever went through for a joke was getting a solve on my 3x3 at exactly 19.75 and posting it with the caption "the" on facebook. That shit took months let me tell you.

because paramore doesn't suck and the 1975 does

Because Paramore is pretty fantastic desu. even though their new album isn't my favorite, it's one of their best and God tier

It's the pretentiousness of The 1975 that turns people away. They make good pop songs, but they don't commit to them like Paramore does. They'll put out a really fun track like Love Me but you get the actual album and it's over an hour long and half of it are these boring instrumentals. Instrumental songs are totally fine, but it's certainly not what this band is good at.. If they put out a 45 minute album of 10 or 11 or 12 Love Me's I guarantee the album would have been well received.

Paramore took the concept and just had a lot of fun with it the entire time and put out a solid record.

I think The 1975 will probably be better recieved in retrospect after they've built up a catalog. Cause at the moment they have 2 shitty albums with some great singles. They'll be remembered like Duran Duran or something. Written off as a boy band during their time, but recognized for having some solid tracks afterwards.

Paramore sucks

bc paramore were *always* focused. the themes of the 1975's album and paramore's are more or less the same, but the way paramore explore it are a little more intrincate, hayley is a WAY better vocalist than matty and the musicianship is way better and, while straightforward and direct, definitely not afraid to experiment a lil bit. 1975 are unfocused as hell, paramore on the other hand do really know what they're doing.

tl;dr paramore do good music, the 1975 not so much

nah

weird idea but if the 1975 combined the ambient-ish instrumentals with their most new-wave/dance-pop style of Love Me (which I hate) they would actually put out a decent album. an album full of Somebody Else would be good.

God you people are stupid

shills

why

A good way to shill for a band is say that they haven't put out a good album lol

this

Not anymore

personally i loved loved loved "Chocolate" and "Sex" but it's all been a bit second-rate since they got huge

That is the worst post I've ever seen on Sup Forums

I used to LOVE Paramore back when Brand New Eyes wasnt release, AWKIF (god! The rawness) and Riot (catchier in a good way) where on autoplay always but now (like 6 years after) everybody seems to prefer BNE and s/t more when for me they sound like more of the same (although BNE has the only exception, my fv song from them) why is this?

Now AL takes all the looks and im not into it, i think tho that they change is really impressive and well executed.

AWKIF is my favorite, I can't believe more people don't like it

i really love the 1975 more so than paramore. shame they aren't popular in america . cause they like to fuck with their audience.