Rate my weed Sup Forums, I don't use anything store bought, no nutrients and I use my own soil mix...

Rate my weed Sup Forums, I don't use anything store bought, no nutrients and I use my own soil mix, dunhill for reference

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8v90t
americover.com/diy/silver-vs-white-reflective-sheeting/
timbergrowlights.com/model-4vs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never mind the sun hill, image I was gonna use is over 2mb

7/10 could use more phosphorus in flowering

isnt it a little late in the season to be growing outdoors? Or are you a southern hemisphere guy? If so which way does you toilet water flush?

Yeah man, I'm far down south, it flushes clockwise I'm pretty sure, yours?

where?

I just pooped, mine flushes clockwise

South Africa. Unfortunately

>Unfortunately
why is that?

Im in the US, are you sure yours flushes clockwise? Mine does

Which week is it?

Just checked dude, it does go counter clockwise, my government has gone to shit in the last ten years, we're a third world country now

You should use nutrients at least.

You're looking to get maybe a quarter out of that when it's all said and dry. Maybe.

Pick the dead leaves off, it's only wasting plant ennui at this point.

>it does go counter clockwise
Thanks for checking/the science experiment user

>my government has gone to shit in the last ten years, we're a third world country now
I feel you man, we elected Donny somehow and he an embarrassment to us nationally and internationally

my first try, any weedfags here? Maybe i have a problem with one of these plants..next pic....

Its too late in the game but have you ever tried "topping" your plants? Basically you cut off the top leaves right about where the fan leafs meet (when its growing upward and not buds yet), this forces the plant to create two main stalks instead of one and thus doubling your bud yields.

Why does this leaf grow another leaf in the center ? is this normal for this plant (new york diesel auto) the other plants growing normal. (sorry for bad english fags)

its pretty shit in terms of yield . trichomes look like the plant is allready done but the cola looks more like it is in the first or second week or flowering .

I got some laughable material for you:
streamable.com/8v90t

garbage

guys how do i make a hash cigarette

its a normal mutation it happens with hybrid plants a lot . sometimes there is even flowers growing in that place . dont worry too much about it its a random mutation . otherwise the plants look fairly healthy as far as i can tell with the blue light obscuring the true colors etc.

What it means "flushes clockwise" ?

which direction does the water in your toilet rotate after using the lever that releases water to remove the waste from the toilet bowl.

In anons case/hemisphere, the water rotates clockwise

reply to this post or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

thanks man.they grow really fast, i hope everything works well. here another pic 3 weeks ago

fuck that should go to you

DUDE

i figured as much np. a little word of advice add a little clip on ventilator or a couple of pc fans to your box once they enter the flowering stage . the increased airflow will reduce risk of mold and pest infestation and increase the growth rate as well as increase the toughness of the stems wich prevents heavy buds from snapping off or drooping down .

>I don't use anything store bought, no nutrients and I use my own soil mix

You say that like it's a good thing. You're only hurting yourself by not using all available resources to your benefit which explains why your weed looks like shit.

blend Banana Peels, Coffee Grinds and Eggshells to make a substrate that you put on the soil of the plant. then water it so get all the nutrients from the substrate down to the roots of the plant

You need to defoliate. It doesn't need to be that thick. Greeting rid of the unnecessary scrub in the middle of the plant quill allow more air flow and encourage upward growth.

Hard to tell under that led light

Just one of the word thugs plants do sometimes.

Or go to the store and buy a product that will give you the same results for $10 and save you months of work creating a compost pile

thats my setup

Woah what country are you in? I haven't seen a tent lined with white in at least 6 years. The reason they stopped was because the plastic they used was offgassing toxic fumes that were killing plants. I don't recognize any of the hardware and that is literally my day job. Other than that everything is set up properly and looks good. The led light is a topic for another thread.

Mine btw. Still under construction.

holy fuck, now my setup looks like shit against yours. wow

i am from middle europe, i heard that a white tent ist a bit better then a reflected tent but i have only watched youtube videos, so i am a grownoob

Nice trips.

I've been at this a while. This is my fifth time building out a grow for myself. I've learned a lot the hard way.

It would rewally depend on the material but typically Mylar is at least 10-15% more reflective than basic white plastic. There is something called orca film (not sure if it's available in europe) and it's white but even more reflective than Mylar along with having much better light scattgering properties. It feels like a very thick paper.

ahh okay, thanks, i will google it later.
Im afk now, happy growing maybe we see us in another weed thread.

Perhaps. I don't post often as grow threads devolve into everyone calling everyone else an idiot.

relevant:

For a long time it was thought that a shiny silver or Mylar material would reflect better because the plastic sheeting that was previously used in the industry was cheap poly or PVC that off gassed chemicals into the plants and it just so happened to be white plastic sheeting. So overall, plastic sheeting was given a bad reputation early on. However over the years polyethylene sheeting has grown in popularity because it’s typically manufactured with virgin resins, so there’s no off-gassing and it has additives to extend its life and durability. Grow room plastic sheeting made of polyethylene is less expensive, easy to install, easy to clean, and insulates heat. Mylar and other shiny materials are still good reflective sheeting, but if you want the best light reflection white is the preferred and most recommended

from here: americover.com/diy/silver-vs-white-reflective-sheeting/

Lol that's trash, if your going to do something atleast do it right

Interesting user. I have the equipment at work to truly test this myself. If I have time tomorrow I will set up an experiment measuring the reflected light from both materials using a PAR meter and see what is true.

The fan for the filter is massively oversized for a box that size, I use a pc fan which is much smaller, more silent and uses less energy and I have no smell leaking out

Dude you have a rare genetic deformed strain, it's making buds on the leaves, which aren't potent and very very small, I'd throw the whole plant away and start fresh with something that will yield more than a quarter lol

Nice CMHs. I used to have 315s as well, but I changed to a COB setup.

The white plastic in Homebox Evolution tents is a lot better than mylar. The tents are cooler and reflect light better.

This is why I usually don't post in these threads. People like you who are way way way to confident that they know what they're talking about.

I just glued aluminium foil to the insides of my wardrobe

600w or 1000w COBs? They get pricey if you can't find a good online merchant.

The fan obviously isn't "oversized", only a moron doesn't use inline fans in tent grows.

Leaves like that are very common and have nothing to do with potency or anything else for that matter. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

timbergrowlights.com/model-4vs/

Good COB builds are totally worth the money.

I just wanted to give you a tip
I had one of those oversized fans too and it was just to loud
Then I tried to cable a pc fan to an adjustable 3-12 volt DC psu and it worked while being much more silent
If you don't want tips you really shouldn't post in these threads
If you glue an pc fan into a tube you get an inline fan
That thing posted looks like it eats 30 watt

Im growing one in the middle of the winter in a north facing window,curious how that will end up

No, you don't get an inline fan if you glue plastic to a 12v PC fan. Seriously, just go away with that shit.

I've seen differing statistics reported over the years. Many times, I see that mylar is best, then flat white not far behind. What I consistently see reported is that direct light is MUCH more intense than reflected light, even if using the "best" reflective surface.

You might need to consider that your wrong and there are people here who run large scale grows and know far more about this business than you. Honestly the fact that you would recommend using a pc fan for anything is an instant flag to disregard your opinions.

A proper acoustic inline fan is a lot more quiet than a shitty computer fan. You're not going to efficiently cool down a large grow tent with hundreds of watts worth of lighting by using something made for tiny computer cases. The computer fans aren't built with pressure in mind, they're not meant to pull air through carbon filters.

If its winter where you are you must be in the northern hemisphere. The best light in the northern hemisphere comes from the south. Switch directions user.

Whats the difference?Airflow?

I dont want to smoke it,user,i just love plants and im experimenting with cannabis,its such a sturdy unkillable plant.

True that direct light is more intense than reflected light. Honestly if you really want to understand how light works on a much more fundamental level you need to study the inverse square relationship between light and distance. Once you know how that works lighting will stop being a mystery and snake oil marketing will have no effect on you.

I was growing some autos in a tent in my basement and learned early on constant airflow is just as important as light. A pc fan just isnt gonna cycle the air at a fast enough rate.

These big fans are only needed for big growrooms
The posted room has space for 4 plants and if you think you need such a big fan you clearly never tried a smaller one
Of course you need larger fans for larger grows, the posted pic is no large scale grow but a little 4 plant box
also you reek like a samefag
He uses LED's, that's never more than 150watts, a single pc fan at 6 volt is absolutely enough to cool it and much more silent than the inline fan if it's no total shit pc fan
They also cool PCs with far more power usage
Also
>samefag
You seem to be a different poster
I have a adjustable slit as air intake at the bottom and the fan is on the top, I can only say the pc fan does a good job
As I said I had an inline fan before and the pc fan does cycle enough air for my dimensions
Pc fans have a really good airflow when you look into it, the form of the fan blades is far better developed than in inline fans

Quantity of airflow is just one aspect. There are different types of inline fans.

Mixed flow fans - efficient and great for straight duct lines without many curves. Their cfm scales well with their increase in size. Typically the most expensive.

Centrifugal fans - these are great for pushing air through ducting twist and turns. Basically they provide better static pressure than mixed flow fans. If you need to poush through a bunch of lights and a lot of duct these are for you. Their cfm doesn't scale with their size very well. After 8" there is a big drop in cfm gains as the fan gets larger. They are cheaper than mixed flow fans

Squirrel cage - brute force fan. Very rarely used anymorew as they are loud and inefficient.

Booster inline fans - these are weak cfm fans used on extended lines of ducting to assist already flowing air down the length of the ductwork. Imagine the fans you see while driving on the ceiling of a tunnel.

user,you need considerable airflow,that will force the plant to develop a strong stem that can carry later on more nutrients to the leaves first then to the flowers.
Aircycling is not enough,you need to imitate wind for couple hours a day.

I've used PC fans, they're not meant for pulling through filters.

You know you can easily adjust an inline fan as well? Better to have a large fan running on low power than a tiny computer fan that struggles.

Thanks i was curious,i have a old pc and its fan is imitating a jetfighter and i can feel the air move at my feet,i would have thought it would be enough in a tent to imitate wind.Maybe newer fans create less wind?

no point in trying to talk to that newbie, he obviously thinks he knows everything because he's been growing weed for 6 months.

>Of course you need larger fans for larger grows, the posted pic is no large scale grow but a little 4 plant box
>also you reek like a samefag

You need to understand that carbon filters have recommended cfm ratings for pproper function. Judging by the size of his filter he needs at least 150cfm. No pc fan is going to move 150cfm nor would it have the power to draw air through the filters carbon bed.

Looks like shit, thanks. Give it some sugar water at the very least if you want some weight to it.

Stop. Just stop user. Please I'm embarrassed for you. Please for one minute let go of your ego and accept that other people know a hell of a lot more than you. Take your fingers out of your ears and learn something.

I would think he thinks fans are only needed to filter the smell.

For that you get an extra fan inside the box that makes wind
Inline fans don't have a bigger diameter, they just have a bigger engine
The computer fan doesn't struggle, I let it run at 5 volt at the start of the grow and go to 9 volt at the end
My wardrobe just 2 meters away from me proves you wrong
You clearly never tried it
Stop samefagging please, it's ridiculous
I've tried it, and it works

>Stop samefagging please

i'm tired af just waking up but it looks like you needed more amendments if you're gonna go total supersoil status of not using any nutes.

I started growing my own about 2 years ago and some good success. I do need to get better at curing though, Im sure some of it is learning to be more patient on the days leading up to and after the harvest. Too many "QC" samples too

you should top dress your soil with some Green Gro Nature's Pride Bloom and (optionally) Flowering Finisher.

Having extra fan just for that purpose is inefficient because it takes up precious space

You're a moron.

I've used Scythe Ultra Kazes (133,60CFM = 228 m3/h) and even they struggled with actual carbon filters.

There's no way you could filter smells with a computer fan running at 5 volts, besides that wouldn't create nearly enough air movement and the humidity in the grow area would rise to ridiculous heights. Good quality weed isn't grown in 80% rh.

don't wet trim, hang whole plant upside down 10 days to 2 weeks and try to get your VPD to 60% humidity and 60F with some ventilation (not fans blowing on it) and you'll have a much better harvest. After that there is no challenge.

>Inline fans don't have a bigger diameter, they just have a bigger engine

Yeah a 150mm inline fan isn't bigger than a 120mm computer fan. Get out.

Depending on where you are this could be disastrous advise. If I did this I would have rot setting in overnight. Cool temps and high humidity are perfect conditions for mildews.

80% RH is high but all these idiots lowering their humidity to the 40s aren't doing themselves favors.

Don't listen to this guy unless you want to fry all your terps the best players are using this formula.

>linking to one of my posts with three different posts to appear as 3 people
>not samefagging
Nigga what?
It's also kinda sad that you claim to be involved in large scale grows but post pics of nice buds you found on the Web to give your posts more credibility
Space next to the pot where no leafs would be anyway
You would want the wind to change directions anyways, a inline fan can't do that
>there is no way
user I do :^)
Oh and when the plants get bigger the fan runs at 9volt
>there are only 120mm fans
Why do you need more then one post to answer one of mine?
Shure you are not trying to samefag?

I'll try that, I have a Blue Mystic auto just starting to flower now. Before I was wet trimming but really only hang drying for a week before jarring. Was pretty impatient.

There's at least three people posting at you. All my posts have pictures, of buds that I've grown.

The larger computer fans create even less static pressure. I'm sure a 200mm computer fan at 9V is the shit...

Plants dont need winds to change direction,user.It doesnt matter,the stem strengthens up just fine with wind from the same direction too.Its not like the wind will change direction from a fan in a 1.5x1.5m place.
Having a dedicated cycling fan would be good if you wanted to cover a whole room not just a tent.

this kid has never grown weed

Never wet trim. Just don't do it.

60F is ideal for terp preservation, and 60% is pretty much the highest humidity with some ventilation at 60F that wont cause rot, so if you temp goes higher you can adjust accordingly, if you want to go a couple points lower for safety go ahead. most people with VPD controlled drying rooms just dry in the aforementioned conditions in a dark area for 2 weeks.

I use a 140mm, there comes air out of my filter and it smells perfectly clear
Your pictures are from the Web
Please Nigga, the filenames alone are a clear give-off
Also there's just you and one other guy

No you are wrong

Im totally another guy than the other and you are wrong
Ive grown weed professionaly for the cartel in Columbia and everything you talk is shit

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah a computer fan is gonna pull a decent sized grow and pull in enough intake and really clean the smell, yeah....

hahahahahahahahahaha

The pictures are from my imgur. I've posted them on Sup Forums hundreds of times.

I guess you've never grown sour jet fuel smelling weed that stinks up entire appartment complexes. I've been busted for growing even with a 420m3/h fan and filter. There's nothing a computer fan and a DIY filter would've done for the smell.

that's what I'm saying, a sucker using computer fans to ventilate a grow is telling everyone they shouldn't use inline fans because they consume "like 30 watts".

Fucking ridiculous.

Looks like you need to prune it and pinch it. Also looks like it might be lacking nitrogen. Maybe some eggshells would help since you are organic.