Can someone recommend me music that'll make me want to give a shit about being alive?

Can someone recommend me music that'll make me want to give a shit about being alive?

I've been listening to shit that has matched my shitty mental state for years but I imagine that has to just be making things worse. Might as well try the opposite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUP4mVkxdTA
youtube.com/watch?v=HHM62T8TLHA
youtube.com/watch?v=9a1NhRbNJ_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ikW8D4fncoI
youtube.com/watch?v=xvc-uFSxY08
youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40
youtu.be/73nZt1qS0Hk
youtu.be/vz9WNOkVTWo
youtube.com/watch?v=VJSLkznE1dc
youtube.com/watch?v=PN0RPWII7gY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the day you start listening to new wave. It's not even a particularly happy or upbeat genre, but it sure makes me want to be alive. youtube.com/watch?v=KUP4mVkxdTA

You can try to fix your life instead of trying to escape it by listening to music but, hey, this is a music board and I don't even know you so...

youtube.com/watch?v=HHM62T8TLHA

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be honest I have always found most New Wave to be grating but that's probably just because it does seem so life affirming.
I don't think I can fix my life, the thing that's broken seems to be in my head and not anything tangible that's actually happening. And I don't really like hip hop and seeing those two memes in the comment section sort of turned me off from this but thank you for trying.

>and not anything tangible that's actually happening

Get checked by a doctor or a psy because usually those things are fixable. Sometimes it's even as easy and adding something in your diet that you've been lacking for years.

What music are you into btw? And what's your mood? General apathy? Anxiety? Sadness?

youtube.com/watch?v=9a1NhRbNJ_Y

Classical music

>Get checked by a doctor or a psy
I know I should but it seems to take way too much effort to schedule something like that, which combined with my complete lack of motivation for anything and fear of social situations makes it seem very daunting.
>What music are you into btw?
Mostly singer-songwriter folk type stuff. Leonard Cohen, Townes Van Zandt, Bill Callahan etc...
>And what's your mood? General apathy? Anxiety? Sadness?
All of the above.

And Can is pretty cool. Am very rarely in the mood to listen to them though.

Listen to Pet Sounds and Skylarking. Those albums always make me feel better.

Classical music. Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, and others

also: Japanese jazz fusion: Casiopea, T-square and others

Pet Sounds is horribly depressing dude.

"it seems the more we talk about it, only makes it worse to live without it"

I'll check out the other thing though.
I have been meaning to get into Classical, it just seems so daunting. I'll see what I can find from those names though.

It's depressing but beautiful. Beauty is what makes me give a shit about being alive.

If you want one classical piece to start:
Grieg Piano concerto in A
some of the most beautiful and meaningful music of all time.
classical music is not so hard, just sit back and relax, if your mind wanders its okay

>I know I should but it seems to take way too much effort

I think you're just depressed really. Take it one step at a time. Start with getting an appointment.

youtube.com/watch?v=ikW8D4fncoI
youtube.com/watch?v=xvc-uFSxY08

Since I Left You if you haven't heard it already

I know this is probably considered some entry-level shit by someone but it never fails to make me happy
youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40

Bjork's first band The Sugarcubes pulled me out of the blackest musical patch I ever went through.

youtu.be/73nZt1qS0Hk

youtu.be/vz9WNOkVTWo

Thank you I'll check it out.
>I think you're just depressed really.
Eh, I'm hesitant to blame it on that. I'm probably just a lazy piece of shit. Hopefully I can get myself to schedule an appointment one day though.

And I was actually just playing Doc Watson on guitar, funny that you'd recommend that. I'll try the other thing too.
I listened to it a few years ago and it didn't do much for me, maybe I'll try it again.

Also I'm an idiot. The Sugarcubes are Bjork's 3rd band.

>Eh, I'm hesitant to blame it on that. I'm probably just a lazy piece of shit.

Well, how are you going to stop being lazy if you're too lazy to stop being lazy?

youtube.com/watch?v=VJSLkznE1dc

>Well, how are you going to stop being lazy if you're too lazy to stop being lazy?

I mean that's the eternal question, isn't it? I'll let y'all know if I figure it out.

And shit man I love Rev. Gary Davis too. We're on the same wavelength when it comes to this folk stuff.

>I mean that's the eternal question, isn't it?

It's pretty well researched actually. It's your brain's reward system that's broken somehow. If you've been this way for a couple of months it's probably just you adjusting to something new that happened in your life. Seasons can do that, break ups, new job, new appartment, etc. If it's been years, it's probably a bad habit that you never managed to fix that made you end up like this, like drugs, not going outside, lack of social interaction, exercises, etc.

Sorry I'm dumping all this shit on you, for some reason I love talking to people that feel bad because I feel bad all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=PN0RPWII7gY

I've been this way for at least 5 years. Past 3 years I've been spending large portions of the year in almost complete social isolation, so I've got the sneaking suspicion that's playing into it somehow and has made it worse. At this point I just can't be bothered to change anything about it.

But yeah no problem, it's nice to have someone listen.