Having talked about Grimes yesterday (or the day before depending where you are) on here with an user...

Having talked about Grimes yesterday (or the day before depending where you are) on here with an user, I decided to check her out properly. I'm now listening to Geidi Primes.

Yes, she is a genius. Getting that awe thing where you don't even want to tell people you listened to an artist because you feel like you'll expose everything you felt when you were listening. Like, people will see me trembling if I get into talking about this. Geniuses are those people who don't wait for you to catch up but give you the ability to catch up in the act of racing ahead.

"Shadout Mapes" is currently playing. She's clearly tuned into the place we all have names for that we don't talk about, where the real stuff comes from that you never blame even canonically brilliant musicians for not being able to reach. This is ancient. You're both completely safe and completely without bearings.

This composer is going to nourish me for a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol wtf is this cover supposed to be

it's a cat

You're not making these any more clever

Sage

I'm not the guy who's in love with her who keeps posting threads with pictures of her, I'm just someone who just added an artist to his pantheon, quite unexpectedly, and I wanted to talk about it and maybe convey my thanks to the user I was speaking with before, whereever he or she is.

Lol 'twas probably me. Now you know where I've been - metaphysically speaking - since discovering her music in earnest early last year. Glad to hear it clicked for you too.

dude, that's not a cat. even i could draw a cat better than that.

This is a cat.

no way. If the cat on the cover looks that shitty this can't be a good album.

I'm so glad to hear this. Just wait until you discover her other albums, especially Visions. Grimes is truly a music genius.

>unconventional = shitty
>judging an album by it's cover

BTW, if you liked Geidi Primes, you should like Halfaxa too. Theoretically. Geidi Primes is Grimes making her first steps* in music making.

*Her real first steps were the EP Lethe: youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus

how the fuck is it a cat? it looks like a weird skull monster from night before christmas.

Nightmare.

Thanks for your help.

right.

honestly, i'm listening to album right now and it's actually not that bad. but that cover is just awful.

It's a cat.

no it is not. what about it is remotely cat-like?

I see a cat.

i'm too high for this wittgenstein shit.

It's a cat.

It just looks like a monster now.

You're not fooling anyone >>>/yoruba/

did this deserve its own thread
it doesn't say anything about the music itself, you don't provide a rating, you only even mention one song title.
1.5/10 post

meh.

There's a song on her most recent album which includes the lines:
>This, this music makes me cry
>It sounds just like my soul
Few and far between are the musicians whose music truly seems to embody what their souls' sound like. Imo Grimes is most certainly one of these artists. I suspect it is why so many people who like her music REALLY like it. Because if (and that is a self-admittedly large 'if') it clicks for you, it tends to click REALLY hard. Because essentially being inside another person's head is really trippy stuff.

Glad you saw this.

Strangely, this post wasn't me, but it's nice that two anons are having a similar situation.

What the soul sounds like is a great description.

have you listened to all of her albums or just Geidi so far?

I went through this with her about four years ago and I have not come out of the hole yet.

I don't talk about my love for her, because I do not want to be associated with a large part of her fanbase, but she's going to have a place in my playlists at least throughout the rest of this decade and possibly for the rest of my life.

>29 posts
>12 Posters

Just that one so far, going on to Halfaxa later today/tomorrow.

It's a decent album but cmon dude.

Yeah, it's a conversation, not a hit-and-run thing.

OP here, on the basis of this experience I can well imagine it's going to be like this for me, I have the same thing with Kate Bush, I have had a handful of conversations with other people about her work, but I never convey the depth of what I feel.

Interesting. I think I'll go back and listen to this last.

yep its her best album. shadout mapes is amazing

Beast infection too

What do you think of 15 seconds to?

She made kill v maim