Why do we accept low quality houses?

The houses people consider nice today are made up of dollar store material that must be replaces every ten years. This is a trend seen all across North America starting with the 1950's baby boom.
Although many of the houses in Detroit are now dilapidated, they used to be a remarkable piece of art.
Why do we settle for the mediocre shit housing that is forced upon us today?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOKb1IXJpo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw your office is in the background

idk what's up with Americans. Wooden houses with drywalls is a terrible investment.
I'm living in a solid brick house like a true white person.

That house is probably cold, drafty, and no central heating and air.

Modern building materials and methods are much improved since the 50s.

>Buys a really nice house.
>Colored people are moved in by the state to diversify the neighbourhood.
>You now spent 1 million dollars on a worthless property.

because
1. people are stupid
2. people are poor and cannot afford quality materials
3. market manipulation causing housing prices to go up

t. country without natural disasters

So I'm whtier than americans? Cool.

At least they have houses m8. The UK makes Vancouver look like like a buyer's dream
>900,000 for a 1400 sqft house
JUST

Dude fuck off you're a fucking cunt you know?
1. Insulation fucking sucks and turns your house into an oven in the summer I'm not a fucking Jew I don't want to be cooked in my house
2. What's the point of Central heating? Turn on your radiator if it's cold
3. What's the point of Central air especially? All the modern condos have this now it's so useless just open a window natural air is better anyway I hate when I go to someone house and he has the AC on you can feel the air is so nasty and thick just open a window

Quick and cheap is a baby boomer meme that needs to die violently.

>What's the point of Central air especially?

>open the window
>when it's fucking 45-50 celcius outside
No thanks.

Dude you're a fucking moron it gets to 40 degrees celsius here sometimes with a heat wave it was like 30 today or something you know what you do? Don't sit in your house all day I went to sit outside instead

Go outside

Have you ever been to Windsor?

You can always install that shit.

>45-50 celcius
>lol dude just gooo outside
No thanks. A fucking leaf knows nothing about heat.

cuck canadian wants to save energy so he can fly more muzzies in.

You can move to a cheap city on the outskirt on any large expensive city where development is super cheap. All said and done it might cost $10000 for the land and $200000 for the material and labour.

Don't be a fucking faggot go swimming then stupid ass
I don't give a shit about conserving energy or the environment I think we need to be less strict with environmental protection so factories come back here but having an AC is gross it makes your air in your house feel gross natural air is better

>go swimming
>every single fucking day of summer and half of autumn
No thanks.

Carpenter here.

Actually housing standards and materials have been getting a lot better with time.

The problem is that a lot of Americans are hiring contractors that hire unqualified people (i.e. illegal mexican workers).

Because the profit motive dictates the housing industry. There's simply not enough material and space to house 350million people in high quality homes. And as the population goes up, and as wealthy foreign investors buy our homes, and as less people coalesce into families, the problems will amplify.

Fat ass go back to eating your kissadellas

Why do you hate capitalism so much?

Why do you hate the free market?

Why do you hate freedom?

You're a muslim terrorist, aren't you?

Don't worry. President Trump will fix it by building a wall on your sorry ass. And you'll pay for it and love paying for it.

>$210,000
>cheap housing

You do know that a home at that price is no where "cheap" for the majority of people? Even for those who can afford more, you either pay a lot each month or become a slave to your mortgage for years.

Why not just get a nice house out in the country somewhere? You're only going to get shit in a major city - unless you're wealthy enough for a double-wide apartment they call a condo.

Your house is going to be broken down into wall building materials

>kissadellas
You can't even mock people properly.

Every house I see sprawling up in Canada uses cheap material. Go to any suburb in Mississauga, London and Windsor, and you will see the same shit. Concrete base which cracks after three winters, a wooden structure and bricks in the front just for show. The rest of the house is covered in that plastic skirt cover. You know what I'm talking about.

What's wrong with drywall my interior walls don't need to stop bullets

>40 degrees is a heat wave to Canadians.

Ive anglicised it Quesadilla makes no sense "KWEE SA DILLA" you need to learn English

That is the wrong attitude. If people boycott shitty homes then there will be a demand. Materials are in an abundance especially with modern technology. Instead of everyone cramming into one city most people can start communities on the outskirts which most new homes are already built in.

We don't live in a third world country. Every hot country is garbage
Mexico, Brazil, Australia, India, Arabia, Africa all garbage

They do in Chicago.

Yeah the crazy housing market here in southern Ontario has driven a frenzy of building.

it drives me nuts to a 1-2 foot difference from one side to the other in my basement storage room.

If you can punch a hole through your wall it's not a good wall.

People are stupid with money. If you make 50k a year and are married to someone who also works it is totally doable. Most new houses are way above that price.
I live in one of the cheapest cities in Canada, 200k is nothing.

40 degrees Celsius, so 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
with the hottest temperature recorded in america being 134 degrees Fahrenheit 104 is pretty damn hot

Detroit is niggers. They live off of the dollar store.

Housing market has been inflated for a long time.

I like the look of wood and drywall more than brick personally. It looks cleaner to me.

This is stupid nobody has hollow walls it's solid concrete and if there is dry wall it's on top of a concrete wall

You Brits live in brick/stone houses not because it is superior or because you choose to, but because your ancestors cut down all the trees.

It's a Spanish word that you're saying in the English language, and now you want them to create a word that fits your language? Can a CanadaCuck get any more egocentric than this? Trump should just annex all of Canada as a new territory.

Why not exactly?

Sounds like we're still 30% hotter than you fags.

Some things use to be better.

As far as basement foundations go, standards have risen. Concrete is thicker and moisture barriers are installed. I've seen very few issues with foundations done to code.

Wood framed housing is the best for Canadian climates as brick and mortar, concrete, etc provides poorer access for insulation, electrical and plumbing.

Most new builds have nice siding or stucco from what I've built. Stucco usually lasts 50+ years and vinyl 20+.

You suck at shitposting, lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=tMdS1BwKoZ4

>What's the point of Central air?
>just open a window
Canada doesn't know that in planet earth sometimes is hot outside.

that's fine you can keep the heat, id rather not have horribly high temperatures. It's really not something to brag about desu.

I don't care about Spanish I turned it into an English word because only English old be used here.
And are you seriously saying having pride in your language and country is bad? If being full of pride means I'm egocentric than I'm the most egocentric man in the universe
CANADA IS NUMBER ONE
CANADA IS NUMBER ONE
ENGLISH IS THE GREATEST LANGUAGE EVER MADE
You just suck in general
My whole house is solid concrete id break a hand trying to punch any of my walls

Why don't we make concrete like the Romans. I know that sounds stupid but it would be far more easy for us than them. I know it involves volcano ash and different climates would require different mixtures but shit it would last forever.

Irrelevant countries are not and those countries would be living in wooden shacks or working in sweat shops 75 hours a week so who cares

Why so butthurt?

Dude, Canada is not even like number four.

this type of post is literally why pol hates us :I

Because Mexico still exists
Your opinion is irrelevant
They hate us cuz they ain't us

Our economy is shit. I live super close to the US and quality of life is way better. If you work a decent job, not even high tier, you live like how a high tier Canadian would. Some of the neighborhoods I've been in make me envious.

The canuck speaks the truth. If you can't afford a $200,000 you did life wrong. Especially as an American. I mean Jesus Christ it's so easy to make money here. How can you be so inept with money that you can't even afford that?

Go there if you like it better than, I'd rather be a homeless Canadian. Go there if you want to be a cutlet kike with a 1,000,000 nigger neighbours

I have family who came to the US as refugees. They lived in California for a bit, started an auto glass repair company and became rich. They had a huge house in Cali but moved to San Antonio, Texas. Their business is still good and they live in a gated community with one of the Spur players on their street.

Why would we want to be canadian? I forget you guys even exist until I come to this board. I really just never think of you at all.

Fuck off sand nigger get out of my country!

Who gives a shit what you think?

Donald Trump will bring prosperity back to America. We will all be rich again, just like it use to be!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOKb1IXJpo

I live in Windsor Ontario. The city is only around and as big as it is today because of the Detroit auto boom. It's not my fault for realizing how much better the US's economy is compared to ours. Canada is literally a knock-off version of the US in every sense. Don't get me wrong we do a lot of things better than them but they do economics far better than us.

After graduating uni I'm probably going to be forced to move to the US due to Canada's shit/small job market.

because there's no point in building stuff that will last if you have to sell it to niggers and move an exit down the highway within the next 30 years

I'm a Christian sand nigger who probably has paler skin than yours.

It's only a knock off because of shitheads like you funny how nobody in our history ever thought that until you dumb insecure cunts got around. Fuck off go to cutlet land and get shot by a nigger.

I knew you were going to say that, don't care what religion you are and how white your skin is you're a fucking sand nigger get the fuck out! You're not wanted here paki bitch

Not Arab either. Ethnically Assyrian. I speak the language of Jesus.
I feel bad for the future of Canada. My city took down a WW1 mural because there was a cross in it. The Muslims you want to let in are to thank for that.
I'll leave for Trumpland and you can get cucked by the Paki's. GG.

I probably will/have contributed more to Canada than you ever will.

Not all the people live under shitty weather, deal with it.

I don't care you're fucking Asian get the fuck out or better yet stick a gun in your mouth and fuck off
>Muslims you want to let in
If you think I hate a Christian shitskin what makes you think i like a Muslim shitskin? Good I'm glad trumps pro tranny pro faggot marriage America will attract shitskins like you fuck off and die.
Yeah like our declining white demographic

I don't give a shit about African tier countries

I bet you if I met you we'd be friends. You're a true Canadian in my book whether you like me or not.

Probably because I don't want to be an asshole to you in person desu

You definitely don't live in Ottawa then. I've met Africans that said our summers were unbearable because of the humidity.

Toronto, it's humid as fuck but it's fine if you sit outside because it's usually windy

>Why do we settle for the mediocre shit
because a house like your pic-related would literally cost $15,000,000 if it was in the same town that you or I can find work in.

>My whole house is solid concrete id break a hand trying to punch any of my walls

you don't own your parent's house though

You're clueless as fuck.

More expensive per square foot. Your brick hobble fetish is turning you all into manlets.