Welcome To The Machine

Wish You Were Here is the worst track PF ever came out with until Waters left

The best song on the album.

Nope.

t. virgin

>Someone enjoys that record that also uses "brotip"
A flawless album wouldn't allow this

>being this new

Are you enjoying your first month on Sup Forums?

I don't know about ever but it's certainly the worst on the album. I would have much preferred if it were a two minute interlude

>Welcome to the Machine is the best
yes
>Have a Cigar is not a massive flaw
no
what do you get out of that song for it not to be a major weakness of the album? it's the Seamus of WYWH, if it were cut then the album would be a 10.

Sure thing, Dad.
Still singing that to your new wife every night?

is there something you want to talk about user

WYWH is the epitome of dadrock plebshit who only likes top 20 songs from his youth, it literally has nothing going for it and is the pink floyd song with the lowest appeal.

>welcome to the machine
>the best song

this is the most contrarian dipshit post I've read this week, congratulations

>Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Overlong song that is essentially a a nice verse with some melodramatic lyrics, and sandwiched between literally fifteen minutes of long, very cheesy solos that appeal to people who are too easily captured by mediocre guitar tricks
>Welcome to the Machine
Musically pretty good, lyrically waters bitching about how awful it is to have to be a rich pop star
>Have a cigar
Same thing but the music is cheaper, very generic pasty-white funk. Roy harper sings pretty damn good tho
>Wish You Were Here
An unironically pretty good song. Only pseuds who overvalue cheap prog values will say it's shit. This is a decent upbeat-melancholy folk pop number.

It's a decent album that has very interesting shifts in tone, but it's not that great. About as good as Dark Side and Meddle, not as good as Animals. Really it's just a very pleasant bastardization of the original artistic project that floyd started with and then sold to get famous

>Deletes Wish You Were Here
>Deletes Have a Cigar

Now its an 11

Welcome to the machine live is awesome. Roger Waters likes to play the classic video in the backround while playing, pretty awesome.

Lmao

It's not Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

if it's the best song on the album that means that every song isn't as good as it. Therefore it's flawed. Holy fuck that was easy.

Brain Damage/Eclipse is their best song. Try to prove me wrong

Wish You Were Here [Columbia, 1975]

No dumb tribulations-of-a-rock-star epic here--the dedication to long-departed crazy Syd Barrett gives it an emotional resolve that mitigates what little self-pity lyricist Roger Waters allows himself. Even more remarkable, the music is not only simple and attractive, with the synthesizer used mostly for texture and the guitar breaks for comment, but it actually achieves some of the symphonic dignity (and cross-referencing) that The Dark Side of the Moon simulated so ponderously. And the cover/liner art is worthy of all the stoned raps it has no doubt already inspired. A-

what was that whole thing about your dad's new wife

That guitar solo at the end.

I'm actually not new here I've just always seen "protip" and "brotip" just seemed cringeworthy even ununironically.

Why is Billy Joel shaking hands with Donald Trump who's on fire?

went into this album wanting to hate this because "it's dadrock trash"
I was pleasantly surprised. Shine on you crazy diamond is a fucking masterpiece

Shine on shouldn't have been split