Can anyone figure out the next one or two shapes? I think it's suppose to be tilted, then not tilted...

Can anyone figure out the next one or two shapes? I think it's suppose to be tilted, then not tilted, but I can't figure out where the dots and semi-circles are suppose to go next.

i always suck at these sequence-type questions. in fact, i'd argue that they probably shouldn't be on iq tests.

how can you gauge someone's intelligence by asking them an ill-posed question?

Why is it ill-posed?
I'm normally okay at picture sequencing, but this one has me stuck.

Thoughts?

semi-circle stays constant, dot moves one corner anticlockwise every other go.

Or maybe this actually

I got pretty much the same thing I think? This was my guess.

So the dot would basically be inside the semi circle?

Let's at least be civilized pieces of shit.
>Crop
>Rotate

It could be following any number of sequences.
The corner circle moves clockwise when the dot stays in place. Then the corner circle stays in place while the dot moves counterclockwise. The next in this sequence would be both occupying the lower right square. And sure, tilt that bitch....

>Why is it ill-posed?

because there is no unique solution. how the fuck should i know what square comes next? you haven't given me any rules to work with.

most of them are somewhat obvious, but for some reason they frustrate me. as do the long word problems.

i'm really just bitching about my brainletism though.

I think this is right, and then the fifth shape would be pic related?

kek, brainletism
Some of them are very easy, like the math based ones with boxes that increase n+2, or the clocks where the time increases or decreases in certain amounts, those are the ones that are easy for me. This one seems to be operating on a different kind of logic, or I'm a fucking retard.

Agreed

What is/was your field of study?

CS.

i could probably get them if i stared long enough.

Like this?

Sorry, I was trying to be quick.

I agree with the first four, but then I believe it should repeat itself. The top portion of this image shows what the sequence would be, and the bottom shows the thought process.

I have a feeling that the dots are there to provide orientation to the implied circle that is being formed. Once it's formed, the pattern would repeat. The tilted/flipped images are just to throw you off.

No

Thank you, you're so helpful. I didn't even think about the fact it could be forming a circle. Then in this case, I suppose it doesn't matter the squares aren't quite in order to form the circle?
What I mean is, the first square forms the bottom-right part of the circle, the second square for the top-left, third square for the bottom-left, fourth square for the top-right.
Although I just realized if you took all the squares in the order they were, and just shaped them into a circle in your mind, they would form the shape by themselves...

You got it. The fact that the question was posed with three pieces already in place was the giveaway.