My best friend is planning to murder someone, and he's completely serious. Should I do anything to prevent this?

My best friend is planning to murder someone, and he's completely serious. Should I do anything to prevent this?

Well what's his plan, and why?

Nope But you should film it

Yes.

Nobody likes a snitch OP. You either give him good advice if he is set on it, or mind your own business. I hope he throws you in the grinder for asking us.

kill him before he ruins his life for something that will happen eventually.

isn't it common sense? if he actually does it, you will feel like shit the rest of your life. and you will not be wrong.

CALL THE PO-LEASE

On his last day of work, he plans to put an axe in his boss's head.

He can't afford retirement so he plans to murder his boss and live out the rest of his days in federal prison, where all the food, clothing, shelter and medical needs will be met.

Your friend is going to get caught. He is going to go to prison for murder.
Report him to the police. Whatever happens to him will be far better than prison for murder.
You will lose the friend but you'd be doing him a solid.

This is an anonymous message board, user. And no; he doesn't work for "two men and a truck." He works in construction.

>Encourage him and tell him to go into hiding after the deed
>Rob his place blind afterwards
>Go to the cops and turn him in
>If opportunity presents, ask for witness protection because your friend was threatening to kill you and your family too
>Relocate, start a new life.
>Profit

Yes he plans to get caught.

That's metal as fuck

The only place he wants to re-locate to is a prison cell. He's nearing retirement age and won't be able to support himself with a job. He doesn't want to be a financial burden to his family so he intents to get a life sentence for murder.

His friend can't retire and will be homeless. One more prisoner or one more hobo? The choice is clear.

Wow pretty good plan, piece of shits gonna make me pay for his existence.

Does this guy have a family, this axe murderer, Are there people in his life that would negatively. Also what about this bossman consider this

Is his boss worth saving or is he a fucking prick that has it coming? That's pretty much the deciding factor here

Nice quads.

Life in prison is difficult to get for just one murder. Have him shoot up a church or something, do something noteworthy instead. Or is he so poor a fucker can't afford a gun?

Unless whoever he plans to murder has it coming - and I don't mean has it coming by being someone you'd dislike, I mean is actually guilty of something comparable to murder - then you will feel guilty for not stopping it like another guy said.

You will also be complicit and I hope they catch you and put you in prison next to him.

Also dont federal prisons have specific laws that need to be broken in order to get in?

he goes to prison anyway if you say something

plus if hes planning to get caught theres a possibility that it will be revealed that you knew and then there would be consequences for not calling the police

Precisely. A crime has to be committed across state lines.

He has a son and a daughter who are both grown up. He divorced years ago. He has a lengthy criminal record and told me he once went to court on 27 armed robbery charges. He's a super tough guy and going back to prison would be no trouble for him.

The people who would be affected negatively would be his boss's family.... I know the guy's a total dick, but imagine the anguish it would cause them to lose their father, brother, etc..

He is a fucking prick that has it coming.

good plan

If you know about it your an accessory

Not american. It's one of the 127 other countries that you've never heard of.

Thank god for reasonable doubt. Prosecution has to prove OP knew the intend was true, saw the murder weapon, and had his friend confide with explicit details of his plan while being taken seriously by OP.

Otherwise, if you are sitting next to a guy on a bus, he have a bat in his hand, and then later commits a murder with same bat, then you're just as complicit for not reporting that guy to authorities, by your logic.

only if it is a person of value. Not a dindu, mudshark, democrat, sjw or rino.

>"I didn't think he was serious. Everyone says they want to murder their boss."

If you believe that that is enough justification to murder someone then I hope you end up in prison alongside your friend. And I hope you don't survive for long, so as not to burden the taxpayers more than necessary.

Oh, then police will just shoot your friend upon arrest. US police has rules and shit.

Snitches get stiches.

Terrible plan report his ass to the proper authorities

>You will also be complicit and I hope they catch you and put you in prison next to him.
That would be alright; I'd have tons of protection, access to drugs, connection to the underworld, it's the best prison time I could possibly hope for tbh

Oh, for fuck's sake....

I can't control the choices another man might make.

He plans to turn himself in naked, how would he get shot exactly?

This is either bait or this guy thinks he lives in a fucking TV show. He's lost all touch with reality.

>I can't control the choices another man might make.

And? Did I imply otherwise? If you're not kidding then this world will be better off without you or your piece-of-shit friend.

Yeah, 6000 hits of acid will do that.

It seems like you guys are just constantly searching for an excuse to say things like this. I think that's because you feel like you are the piece of shit, so you lash out at strangers on the internet; you stand up on your high-horse and judge all those around you so you don't have to face judgement yourself.

Judging someone who claims to shrug off a guy getting killed for apparently being a prick does not require a high horse though. It requires the tiniest bit of humanity and sanity, both of which you seem to have an incredibly thin grasp on.

I have, in the past reported to the police: death threats, break-ins, car thefts, assaults and domestic assaults
And each time I call the police they ask me the same exact question: "What do you expect us to do about it?"
Talking to the police is a complete waste of time; even more so when a crime has no yet been committed.

>It requires the tiniest bit of humanity and sanity
But this is Sup Forums

>the tiniest bit of humanity and sanity
Get off my board forever.

You make a very good point, user. I'll speak with my friend this evening and tell him he should murder the boss's son at the same time!
I'm really glad I came here to discuss this topic with you guys. Thanks for the great advice, user! I knew I could count on you guys

Does this directly effect you? Keep you fucking dicksucker closed. Bitch ass snitch.

the fuck do you care retard, you've never met the guy, maybe you are the boss and you're just trying to save your head from being split in half

Excuse me, have I given any personal details here?

Do you know the guy's name, where he works, where he lives? No? That's because I didn't tell you jack shit you complete fucking retard

If anyone's gonna snitch on anyone, it would be you moral faggots snitching on me. So YOU keep your fucking mouth shut.

Are you from the USA OP? I live in canada and if your friend is a female or an immigrant i guarantee she would walk free with no concequences

Not in USA. Not female or immigrant.

Since that robot sofia got citizenship if someone destroyed it would it be considered murder?

yes, tf is this even a question

Where the fuck do you live?

It would be genocide, actually

If you have reason to believe the threat is real, then in most western countries you're actually at risk if you don't come forward. Better check the law where you live before you decide.

In that case i'll be waiting for the follow up thread. Tell your friend god speed and good luck

I actually have this same retirement plan but figure I will just rob banks and do blow until my heart gives out or I get locked up. Either way, it's a winning solution to the no-retirement plan life I lead.

Not giving personal details.

There we go, this user gets it

>rob banks

That's so cliche that it's not even a good idea anymore. You're better off stealing from the security vans that transport cash to and from stores.

>TFW your post caused an additional murder

I haven't told anyone about this, outside of the ANONYMOUS message board Sup Forums. How would anyone be able to prove I knew this was going to happen? I see people getting away with all kinds of shit where I live. The police are lazy and don't care. Why would police come after me for "knowing something" when there are rapists, drug dealers, pimps and thieves roaming around unchallenged?

Your buddy will have to get all the way too the boss and whack him and kill him to get that life in prison (if he even does). If the dude doesn't die he's going to fall short of him mark. Is your buddy prepared for that possibility?

Yes you should prevent it. Try talking him out of it first but if that doesn't work, try more direct action to foil the plan. It isn't about saving the faggot he's planning on killing, it's about saving your friend. He will eventually know what a great service you did him.

>get all the way too the boss
Show up for work like any other morning and simply walk through the door into his office? It's like 5 extra steps

Well, I still have a few years before this happens.

All it would realistically mean is he loses his freedom. Not a huge deal if you're facing the prospect of homelessness.

>with an axe

Just put the axe in a dufflebag, or wrap it in a towel so he won't see it coming

Are you retarded? Wait, nevermind, this is Sup Forums...

If he was your bestfriend you should be deciding to help him or not. Not wondering if you should stop it or not.

Use a fucking katana.

are you stupid

*teleports behind you*

noting personnel, kiddo

>OP already indicated he believes the guy is serious
Thanks for reading the thread tho

No... the quotation marks " " indicated this is something OP would say. That post was made by OP. OP is saying he would lie if anyone asked him about this.

If you have been arrested for failing to provide information about a crime or becoming an accessory to a crime, you need to speak with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys at Wallin & Klarich today. You could be facing serious state or federal charges if you had a mandatory duty to report unlawful activity or you obstructed a criminal investigation.

Holy fuck, you didn't read any of the thread did you

He doesn't need help, he can easily kill a man