Have you ever personally shilled an album hard enough for it to develop a fanbase?

Have you ever personally shilled an album hard enough for it to develop a fanbase?

Common As Light

Yes. I did,hard a few years ago. At least now in /shugazi/ they have a decent enough following for me to be happy.

No, but it is a noble effort and I would be grateful if I had made that album and someone cared enough to do that.

Have you?

It's possible.

I shilled my own album enough for 3 people to buy it

No you just made up a fanbase.

I hope you're not that sunny day in glasgow guy

I'm not sure what you actually can do but meddle.

I tried my best but almost all of Sup Forums is too stupid to understand it. I guess I at least 2 or 3 people got it though.

I am personally responsible for first utterance being Sup Forumscore

I doubt they care.

listen to this album

cucks.bandcamp.com

Which?

>critically acclaimed album
No you're just stupid

I had never seen anybody post pic related until I started spamming it.

No.

What do males think of Art Angels? Compared to say, how nu-males think of Visions. Discuss.

this

still can't believe it fucken worked

I cant belieb it work xd

V:D:C and Stratosphere.

that's an extremely popular album you knob

Can i fuck your dad?

Years ago when proper vaporwave first started getting big I made a fake album cover that was supposed to look generic as fuck and posted it in recent listens threads and sharethreads with a broken link. After a while some people started asking about it saying they had seen it posted around but couldn't find anything about it. I eventually stopped when I saw someone post it in a 'vaporwave essentials' thread with a completely fresh description.

Haven't seen it since like 2012 tho
Don't have a pic because I'm phoneposting

How could you even tell? You'd have to think you're a very special person to be the only one to discover an album at a specific time and think it's popularity is due to you sharing that album here. People's behavior are so similar and predictable that it's now possible to developed algorithms from it. I don't think it's possible to shill an album to a point where it gets popular by yourself especially if the album doesn't have an appeal from the start.

Maybe if you discover the album outside of the internet and you're the first person ever to upload it somewhere.