How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

50%

>You are given two regular "European" citizens. What's the chance of both of them exploding if one explodes?

I mean just look at the coins

bou' tree fitty

50% since the events are not related the percentage does not change. now let the thread die plz

52%

As the head of the coin is always slightly heavier

Retard. Try again.

25%

Stupid bastards who haven't even done stats 101.

whats the probability OP gives head

answer: as much of his mom, who is a stinking aids whore

Another dumb cunt. Sup Forums is full of retards now. kek

fuck you cunt dont ever fucking reply to me again

The events are independent, so given that one of them landed heads we're only talking about the probability that one of them does heads, so 50%.

>stats 101

One coin is always heads meaning the other coin is a 50/50 technically, but the heads side of a coin is statistically the heavier side even if by a fraction thus edging it from a 50/50 to a 52%

Fuck off.

0%, a refugee will catch them in the air right before they touch your palm

/thread

33%
Usually there are 4 valid states:
>h h, h t, t h, t t
Each of them has a chance of 25% occuring

Since t t is now invalid there are three valid states left:
>h h, h t, t h
Each of them has now chnace of 33% occuring.

It would be 50% if op said that the first coin is heads. Bc then there would be just 2 valid states:
>h h, h t
With each having a 50% chance occuring

only a retard would go to school and learn stupid maths like this. KEK. Sup Forums is full of retards with alot of debt. KEK

If the heads side is heavier it would be more likely to land heads-down retard

Assuming both sides are the same weight, 50%.

This is because one coin already landed on heads so it can be excluded from the probability.

this

Okay buddy.

1/3, because the main condition is that the outcome results in at least one of them landing heads. There are only three other possible configurations: heads to tails, tails to heads, or heads to heads. Since we're told that we're to expect that at least one of the coins will in fact be heads, we can ignore tails to tails. We're left with either combination of heads to tails, or both being heads. That's three possible configurations.

1/3.

>One coin is always heads

No, retards. AT LEAST 1 coin landed heads. No coin is ALWAYS heads, you stupid cunts.

For a 2 coin flip, there are 4 equally probable outcomes;

Heads, Heads
Heads, Tails
Tails, Heads
Tails, Tails

If at least 1 landed heads, then the only outcome no longer possible is Tails, Tails.

The other 3 are all EQUALLY probable
Heads, Heads is 1 of those 3

1 of 3

1/3

ITT; Retards fail at basic conditional probability

There’s nothing worse than a dipshit that thinks he’s both smart and clever. You’re looking for 50%
>muh it’s always 50/50
If you take both events together it’s 25%

Next time ask a question that it’s so fucking ambiguous that you can interpret it any way you want.
>bu-bu-but ten i couldnt trick people and me smart :(

That.
Only fuck heads on here...

1/2 XDDDDDDDDD LOL

kill yourself.

>samefagging
goddamnit...33% not 25%

>op still sucks

>being this retarded

Eat a bag of dicks where each dick’s length is twice it’s girth. Maybe then you’d be better an maths.

Bullshit.

Man I wish I was this autistic so I could pretend like the world revolves around my narrow scope

Sounds like you’re doing a pretty good job already.

>Two possible values.
50%.

You can try for another 7 years, can't fight simple math by creating a third variable.

Not very.

I'm not the one pretending to know about statistics to impress the handful of anonymous retards in a temporary thread.

1:2:1

What the fuck are you talking about, you retard?

Stop while you're ahead.

lot of non-whites in here recently

If you can't understand-

Hey look, it's an user who isn't a complete retard. The rest of you faggots read this.

Just in case the dumbshits here need more help, I'll tag both.

No, I'll read the others.

ITT a bunch of people try to feel superior over the answer of a trick question

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. You heard one time that “all coin flips are independent and 50/50”. Then your dumb ass didn’t hang around long enough for the part about a series of events. You dumb ass think that flipping heads 100 times in a row is 50/50 shot.

This problem makes no sense. With two regular coins being flipped, you can't add a condition "given that at least one of them landed heads" since that is not guaranteed with 2 regular coins. If someone is going to cheat outcomes anyway to force that condition, then he's going to cheat so you lose period.

Since we know one has fallen,
We know which,
Considering that, the next coin can only have one of two values.

It's not 25% either, you fucking limp dick

ITT: Retards pretend it's a "trick" question to feel better about sucking at math

I'll take large fries with that, you dumb nigger.

1/3

I guess we should freely add more variables, like gravity, time, energy in general

THIS TBH
H
I
S

T
B
H

You're going pretty mad, user. This is me:
I cautioned you to stop while you were ahead.

it's 25% you fucking retards.

P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B) as they're independent events.

Therefore:

P(head and head) = P(head) x P(head) = 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4

25%

Yup. I fucked up. It’s 33% I could fucked it up 100 times a day for 100 years and I’d still suck less than the dumbfucks that scream “HEHEHEHEHHEEHEH IT’S T3H 50-50!?!?!?”

>idk lol

Only one event will be run.
With two possible values.

Sell your fourth grade burn bullshit to the tourists. I’m right. I know I”m right. And anyone who knows anything about this knows I’m right. Nothing to be mad about.

1/3 chance

People are stupid.

One of the coins lands heads. The other is a 50/50 chance.

If you don't get this you're fucking retarded.

People who are right don't need to reaffirm the sentiment that they are right over and over again.

They do on Sup Forums.

That's not what the question asks, retard.

Every time an user says 33%, he adds physics(but only the part he wants) to the discussion, ultimately.
That's like talking to a feminist antifa commie sjw teacher.

Flipping the first coin is event 1, second coin is event 2.

The problem doesn't say HOW it will force the conditional probability and the answer to that changes everything. The ONLY argument on this problem comes about due to the wording. If you ALWAYS flip both coins and a TT outcome is completely discarded then it's 1/3. If you have one coin fixed as heads then flip the other it's 1/2. I think most people in here know that. The ONLY confusion is the wording.

to start with lets make some assumptions. A) that there is no weight bias, no flip bias, and no additional variable bias. Just two coins each with a head side and a tail side. B) that it is impossible for it to land on the dividing side. Now that we have that out of the way your options are as follows... tt, hh, th, ht. four options. with only one being invalid. this makes the odds 75%.

Hey guys I'm a retard, why do we rule out TT?

see
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
and see
At least it makes for great entertainment.

After those events, there's only one event, resulting in x(a or b). No?

"given that at least one of them landed heads"

There's no confusion other than your stupidity.

Two coins were flipped. One landed heads. What's the probability they both landed heads, i.e. the probability of the other coin also landing heads.

>Two coins were flipped != Two coins were flipped simultaneously
>No one mentions how TT situation was resolved if it did happen

What if the way to resolve TT was to continuously flip ONE coin until that one came up heads? Then TT is a losing outcome because TT will NEVER resolve to HH. In that case it's 1/4 chance of HH.

You're dumb.

this. 50% fags are 100% retarded.

Shut the fuck up

1/3

Fine let's gamble then I'll be the dealer and I'll decide entirely how I resolve the nuances of the wording. You can think you have a 33% chance of winning but I'll secretly only flip 1 coin to resolve TT and you have 25% chance and I'll drain all your money away when you bet getting a payout proportional to thinking you have a 30% chance of winning.

>Two coins were flipped
>Two
>One landed heads
>One
>What's the probability they both landed heads
>the probability of the other coin also landing heads
Careful. I don't remember being asked to determine the outcome of a single coin, but the final outcome of two coins given that one of them has to be heads.

Oh yish,
Give me more,
You know those butt painkillers aren't covered by insurance

you are given 12,5 million muslim refugees. how many of those are actually terrorists, given the fact that isis has proclaimed they are invading europe in 2015?

Too many variables.

It has landed already.
Since we know the result.

wrong, the answer is in the koran.

(100%)

The condition is that at least one has to land heads, not that it has already done so.

No, you're an idiot with reading comprehension problems.

All Muslims are terrorists. They all wish sharia law is implemented and thus even if they don't actively commit terrorism at that point in time, they will be a strong factor in deciding an overall terrorist outcome. They will vote in favor of sharia law when enough Muslims are in the country to let them have enough of a democratic voice to enforce it.

Landed though.

50%

It's not that the first coin has already landed. It's that one of the coins is expected to land, will land, to be heads. We're not told that a specific coin has already landed on heads, but we are told that one of the two coins can only be heads. It's identity theory as well. It's not as if we're flipping the same identical coin- we're flipping two whole regular coins, and we're concerned with their outcome, together as two coins that could both be heads, provided that one must land heads and neither of them can both be tails.

Read carefully mane,
I'm not an expert at the English language, but, -ed was stated.

Both 'landed' are in same tense in the op question, though.

Your logic would apply if the question was "What is the probability that both LAND heads given that at least one of them LANDED heads?"

Flipped.
Done.
No?

"... both landed heads, given that at least one of them landed heads?"
In that case, all we know from there is that two regular coins were flipped. They could have exploded.

this user knows.
and this one.

Anyone who got a different answer, please refer back to the two guys who are pulling the curve way up.

Like I said in an earlier reply,
Adding physics, is not okay.
That's just cheating, why don't we use all the real factors based on physics then (?)

If we did what you're implying was done as bait, the likelihood that the probability would be 1/2 would be far greater than 1/3. Since, on average, coins tend to want to fall heads first more than they want to fall tails first.

But then we would also not be allowed to flip either coin. Or let them fall. Or even exist. There are no coins.

Aye, because their of relativity, kinetic energy and resistance.