STEELERS OWNER DAN ROONEY DIES

Dead at 72

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19152186/pittsburgh-steelers-chairman-dan-rooney-dies-age-84

Good riddance, take your gay rule with you

>He surprised many with his public endorsement of Barack Obama for president. The family had traditionally been very private on politics, even being rumored to have a Republican bent. Rooney responded to his public endorsement with: "When I think of Barack Obama’s America I have great hope. I support his candidacy and look forward to his Presidency."
>On March 17, 2009, President Obama announced he had nominated Rooney to become the next US ambassador to Ireland, citing the owner's longstanding support for Irish-American charitable causes.[3] In 2008, Rooney gave $30,000 to a Democratic Party committee that aided Obama's campaign, according to CQ MoneyLine, a non-partisan group that tracks political contributions. According to David Lewis, a Vanderbilt University political scientist and the author of The Politics of Presidential Appointments, "giving coveted ambassadorships to political supporters is a relatively low-risk way for presidents to repay campaign debts."[20]

Good.

kys edgelords

>dead at 72
The fucking link says 84

Sticky when?

Much like Al Davis, he actually died years before he stopped kicking, nawmsaying?

And Eli Manning is going to jail. Greatest day for football

kek just read about that. and his brother is a doper. Shameful display from the manning family.

t. deflatorcuck

LINX PLOX

>Man who contributes a lot to the game dies after a long and fulfilling career
>WOOHOO!!!
You fuckers need to get out more.

literally who?

RIP Mara Rooney's dad

We do get out more, that's how we know the Steelers are trash.

>Steelers owner dies

RELOCATION TO TORONTO WHEN

*posts from parent's flyover basement*

Good riddance. This faggot shielded a rapist for years and was celebrated in that shithole flyover.

edgy as fuck kid

>Lt. Jack Kearney

Stay salty, shittsburg

>doubling down on your edge

>Dr. Richard Rydze

Rooney rule is cancer

RIP

>I love when people die, it fuels my enlightenment

It's not but ok

>Concussion?! Get back on the field you dumb nigger ~ Art Rooney

>good riddance, one less white man keeping the black man down

it is

not really but ok

>deflated footballs, Roger you know that's only something we attack the Patriots for.

>Rooney the only owner to vote against the latest CBA
>implying the Rooney's were ever on good grounds with Roger
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH
Not that I'd expect a deflatorcuck to know anything that's not spun and fed to him by Boston media

I'm not in flyover country, I'm in the good part, that's how I know the Steelers are trash.

>>Rooney the only owner to vote against the latest CBA
>he wuznt the only guys!

lol

the guy created the Rooney Rule that mandates unqualified nigger coaches have to be interviewed

>unqualified
kek
Tell me, what terrific white coach is unemployed right now because of the Rooney rule? Surely there has to be some practical reason why you're in tears about it.

>that pic

why do we insist on doing business with? now mccourty is gonna go there w/ his brother and win his ring

The Rooney/Mara connection is too influential on the NFL.

>practical

where do you think you are

RELOCATION WHEN

in before team taken over by squabbling bunch of siblings who fire Omar Epps and turn the team into a laughingstock death spiral.

He was a good owner, but I hope the rule named after him dies with him.

I understand the original intent of the rule, but nowadays teams already have a coach in mind when they get rid of the old one. The ensuing dog and pony show is demeaning to all involved.

See ya.

DRAFT SPEED!