About to turn 20. Where the fuck did my teenage years go?

About to turn 20. Where the fuck did my teenage years go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQWDZ8ymTBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't worry about that shit fag... start saving at least $100 a month and put it in a savings account, the more the better, look up compound interest. Don't get married until your 30 and try not to get involved in any one woman,, spread your dick around to whomever, no kids so practice pulling out or buy stock in plan b, make sure you have a college education and above all continue to smoke weed because shit does not get any better... expect your parents to start dying, loss of remaining friends and searching every day for meaning in your life. If you play the next 10 years the right way you can retire early and fuck all the pussy you want.. God Speed user

This man knows what's up

Already planned to never get married anyhow. Not sure how much longer my dad has left and my mom's not exactly in the best shape either. I've been fucked by a few dudes, probably have some STDs by now.

Only thing that's going well for me right now is that I'm in college rn doing well in programming class and actually getting a bunch of money on the side from freelance work without putting much time into it. Lots of skimming off the top type of shit.

I try to only drink or smoke when I'm in pain. I need to start working out at the gym but hard to find the time.

Holy fuck, shit just got real so fast...
True tho.

what kinda freelance do you do?

Web development with a cracked copy of Adobe Muse, mainly

It doesn't get better

where do find your clients? im a developer too, but unemployed and never want to go back to work in an office again in my life

no vey

Just ask random niggas around campus/church/wherever or other people you know IRL, you'd be surprised how many people want a personal website but have no idea how to do extremely basic shit like sign up on websites with a username/password or type in a URL.

There's also websites like fiverr and freelancer.com you could give a go.

Remember, always have them use Hostgator as their host. It's way better than Godaddy from my experience, and they're always offering coupons and deals.

rsosaveas2new is the last coupon I used, I believe it was 70+% off but I say that I have a coupon for 30% off, that way I can get a good amount of money upfront in addition to my half upfront fee. That way I'm basically getting my whole pay in case they decide not to pay me after.

Your 20s will be over in a flash too. One day you’ll wake up, 35 and divorced and drink heavily everyday.

listen this one, he is wise
also don't forget long term happyness and fitness/healthy lifestyle

Yeah but by the time I'm 35 I won't really give a shit if I keel over. Hell I'm not even suicidal at all but already I realized that death ain't really a big deal.

sell your soul but you will go a bit insane

no thank you, trips

I'm turning 20 next year in March, this is where I'm at:
>Looks 7-8/10
>2nd year of med school
>Have a gf, but don't see myself with her in 5 years, good sex and a great personality though so I'm keeping her around for now
>Have a student job in the hospital serving food to patients, work an average of 2 shifts a week (€11/h, €17/h during weekends)
>Don't have an awful lot of friends, but I don't mind since I hate most people my age
>Work out with my roommate, but max twice a week
>Play league and FIFA in my spare time

Any improvements Sup Forums?

learn economy and some basic laws, computers are the future so get good with them (just the basics is enough). Maths and getting handy with things (repairs and stuff) is also welcomed

Keep studying, get a good job, start gaining independence without compromising yourself

Don't move to a house as fast as possible, instead build a solid foundation, invest only the money you can afford to lose, save at least 20-25% of your income (33% is ideal), take care of your social relations, they are very valuable, but don't compromise with them to the point of getting stagnant (firm limits are important here)

then life will unfold itself with the years, having a stable, great job, a place to sleep in, and some mild savings, by 26 is more than ideal, that would be your goal

333 half of 666

trips of satan confirmed

I turned 20 this month, this it's my life so far:
>Looks like 7-8/10
>No gf since 6 months (slut)
>2nd year in law school
>no job, I waste most of my time at classes ( they start at 12 PM or 2 PM and end at 8 PM)
>I have 2 good friends (smart guys, 1 I know from like 6 years) with I go out and talk
>I don't work out, but I walk a lot, I have like 1,90 and I try to keep myself slim fit
>Play League or new games in my spare time

hey guys

how to prevent loneliness
24, no gf, no friends, retarded family (i'm independent, work as lab assisstant)

It's been 2 years like this, I see no way out

Thanks mate, I appreciate the tips!
I've been wanting to learn Spanish too, because I'm sick and tired of Europe and I would love to check out South America when I get my doctor's degree.
Should I take courses or is it possible to teach yourself a new language using textbooks and online courses?

Definitely some truth in all this. I just turned 29, spent 8 years in school, have my JD/MBA, still $50k in debt with no savings but I got a 6 figure job and a couple businesses I'm developing plans for that will bring in tons of cash flow (has to do with legal services, lawyer monopoly ftw). So yes DEFINITELY go to school and go big. Don't fall prey to the plebs who say to just learn a trade and avoid debt. True they won't have loans, but do you want to be 50 and working to pay your bills or being retired before that age with a healthy body that hasn't been abused by back breaking work. Do everything you can NOW because life can change pretty quickly and sometimes for the worst, so it's easier to get things done sooner rather than later.

Also if you want to have children, find a woman before you're 30. Otherwise your dating pool will be divorcees, single moms, and lunatics. Some guys say you can bang younger women when you're older instead, but that gets old very quickly since all they can offer are looks, they can't relate to you at all, and when they do pack up and go, which they will since they're young fickle and stupid, they'll take tons of your money with them.

After college you stop meeting people so I can feel you, try to play some games, or things that involve socialization, games like world of warcraft(I meet some awesome people), if you don't like games go in places where people with same passions like you go. Try to make time to go out. If you are looking good you can go to coffee shops alone, if you go in the same place few time people will start to recognize you and you can start talk with them. If you can start to teach other peoples things, or maybe become a lecturer. Good luck,Sup Forumsro.

>I need to start working out at the gym but hard to find the time.
trust me,you DO have the time
don't be a lazy fuck

dude stay the fuck out of south america, seriusly
I'm spanish, I know what I'm talking about

go to New Zealand or Japan, some good european countries (France, Switzerland, UK, maybe Germany, Denmark, Lithuania... not Sweden tho, falling apart), Canada is nice but EEUU has cons and prons. But seriously, forget about south america or central america, same as africa, not worth the effort

thanks user, I'll put my best in it, I'm quite sure anyone will be grateful to meet me, I'm just asking for one person, that will make it worth it

Why is that user?
It seems to me that countries like Chile and Argentina have a lot of potential and I think people there aren't such a wage slaves like EU citizens. Plus the nature of these countries attracts me a lot.
Basically I think I'll enjoy my life more in an environment in which you have more freedom and where people don't live the same life day in day out , so in that aspect Japan and Australia are just as bad as Europe.

Was homeschooled because we moved a lot, spend my years 12-16 having the best time of my life on skype with friends and staying up for long periods of time playing games since my mom worked all the time, so was pretty solo.

Age 16 lost my first friend to drugs, didn't really understand it, turned 20 on thanksgiving, and now i've lost probably 7/10 of my best online/irl friends to drugs and shit sucks homie, don't worry about your past, just focus on ya future.

I spend my time trying to learn new words(dictionary app for iphone is good new word of the day everyday), working on school, and bettering myself, but for real, don't let anyone hurt your feelings/self esteem, just do whatever the fuck you enjoy my man, and enjoy ur 20s more than you did your teens.

gl /op/

Go in bars by yourself, i do that when i really wants to party and nobody wants to come along but in this case i usually drink a lot at home before going out so i don't have to pay too much for drinks.
This way i met a lot of people that i see often during parties and also its not that hard to find a one night stand when you get used to go out by yourself because it does boost your confidence and if you need motivation just remember you have nothing to loose and it's still better than staying alone and bored at home

I'm from Belgium btw, studying in the Netherlands. Don't like the idea of working my ass of until I die in a country where people are super individualistic. Plus I hate muslims and the way our governments don't do shit to prevent the end of our western heritage. Basically when I become a doctor, I want to make some good cash for a few years and then move the fuck out before muslims have totally overran this continent and go and enjoy my life.

>"an environment in which you have more freedom"
I'm not trying to be an asshole but what do you mean by more freedom? What can't you do where you live that you can there ?

Dont worry OP, you're still a kid.

My tips as 20 guy:
-teenage years will become a dark memory who you will probably forget soon.
-most of friends will become just phone numbers
-so make 2, max 3 good friends for life(too many friends become a problem you don't want to deal with "All your boys ain't the truest, every crew has a Judas/Don't be the first to snooze in a room of opportunists"
-keep talking by time to time with some of your old schoolmates who you liked/they liked you, you don't know where live take you and maybe you will need a favor from one of them
-never be an asshole to people who don't deserve it, always leave your bonds with sparks of friendship or totally crushed, you don't need snitches, two faced people or enemies who want revenge. Dale Carnegie said: “Try leaving a trail of little sparks of gratitude on your daily trips. You will be surprised how they will set small flames of friendship that will be rose beacons on your next visit.”
-Principles are poison of the society, but you need to have some, your life will be more organized if you don't do somethings (or people think you won't do something), you can violate them by time to time, but be sure that don't affect your reputation as a righteous guy
-Don't buy useless things and try to buy "classic" clothes (not big written brand on them or colors that hurt the eye, people will take you as idiot) and buy 1 suit who you are sure will fit you at least 5 years for now( I recommend navy color it's good with any occasion)
-try to get your driver license(it's anyone good to have one even if you don't have a car)
-know the basics laws, it's always good to know things you can face in everyday life, authorities take advance on people who know the laws, plus you look more intelligent to common people who don't know them (try civil law, criminal law, administrative law and the others you can easily face)
-about girls I can give you one important advice: "No man ever steps in the same river twice"
Part 1, part 2 soon :)

Shit dawg I relate to this skype and gaming shit heavily. Doesn't help I've kinda cut contact with them since they were all pretty fucking annoying.

It just seems like the South American students i've met are more open and impulsive than Europeans. I find Europeans cold and calculated for the most part. You're right about the fact that there isn't much that I can only do there, but the idea of starting somewhere new in a place with warm-hearted people and extraordinary nature kinda makes me dream about what it would be like.

ok I'll elaborate
bear in mind, if you EVER condired that option, Chile and Argentina are the only ones allowed, so far the only true democracies, with real potential and real stable markets.

Alright, the problem with spanish countries is, by far, the culture (remember, I'm spanish). Poor markets that rely on raw materials, very poor wages, with poor economic systems. Very, very, poor intellectual culture, science is discriminated, and corruption is sprawling. Yet it isn't that bad in Spain, Chile or Argentina (compared to others), but still something to keep in mind.

Chile is the most freedom oriented, but has terrible market (right now), terrible government, great potential (lithium specially), and a not-so-bad culture, as they tend to value independence

Argentina is the most stable, nice government, humble but stable market, humble science and they compromise with it, good ingluence in the region... the only lack is that they are below against north american and european countries

Spain has the better situation overall, gobernment isn't bad (but it's as corrupt as greece), science is seen as the devil (not joking, here scientists are fleeing like mad, it's been like that since 2004), some poor laws but overall decent, strong market and nice position inside the eurozone

Compared to most european contries, Japan, Canada, South Korea, New Zealand... it's just a waste of opportunity. New Zealand, for example, is the heaven on earth, all the freedom you can imagine, nice science, nice market (and yet they are pretty small), nice culture and society, benevolent foreign affairs and isolated from most trouble, very good gobernment. Denmark and Switzerland are nice too, amazing quality of life (New Zealand stardart), good and solid markets, inside the eurozone, kind cultures and tolerant societies, 0 corruption and nice governments, plenty of freedom...
Canada is nice too, pretty close to EEUU market-wise, Japan can be a bit hard initially, but.... (cont)

I'm fresh 21, I have a gf, I have no savings and I work in a supermarket.. Currently living with parents and I went to college for animation and modeling but it's been years since then and I never picked it back up due to no work for it, I just need tips because everyday is fucking pointless right now.

I'm starting to ask myself the same thing, I'm 18 and already feel old as fuck. I feel like I've wasted some potential and I'm falling into a spiral of something that very clearly isn't healthy.

Fuck, I need to get ready for bed

You probably spent too much time masturbating, eating unhealthy food, doing drugs and drinking, thinking about being older so you can do more dumb shit.

I appreciate your responses, you make some good points in your answers.
I would love to get to know your insights on these topics, as you seem well educated about these subjects.
Add me on discord if you want to continue this conversation tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.
Discord: Doshmeister#9424

...but a solid contry to live in once stablished, South Korea is one of the stronguest markets right now (slave-jobs tho, for the most part), Netherlands, Germany, France, UK, Lithuania, and some of those european coutnries are nice in general, just avoid mediterranean and rusian border.

To avoid:

EEUU - Half the country is nice, the other half is a complete mess, I would go for the safe bet
Mexico, or any other south american country - Just don't, too much violence (waaaay too much), too much of a mess, seriously that region needs a LOT of work
China - Slave-jobs, and terrible government
Rusia - Terrible government, bad culture in general
Most islamic countries - Bad cultures, terrible markets (the rich ones are entirely dependent on gas, and that will last for very few years, the poor ones are super poor)
Australia - Amazing country being destroyed by erratic laws and a bit of cultural mess. But a nice country to move in. Same applies to Sweden right now
Africa - Except SRA (south africa), and still needs some work with culture and technology, the area is a complete mess, specially central. Tripoli, Morocco and Israel are good countries to move in, but you'll have to adapt (religion is tolerant, decent law system, decent market, nice freedom, which is rare in muslim countries. Israel is a well known country in science affairs)

Turned 35 today, it goes faster and faster

Masturbating yeah
Unhealthy food nah
Drugs and drinking kinda

well I'm a medicine student myself, 3rd year in Albacete (castilla la mancha, Spain)

I don't have discord, but thanks anyway! I've been informing myself for, at least, 2 years, because... you guessed it, I wanna be a scientist, and the only true option is to leave Spain and start my working life in another country (sadly)... so yeah, all wisdom I can offer to you, I'll gladly do so you can get a nice life

BTW, most medicine students or graduates from south america come to spain, they have much more quality of life, and the double nationality makes it easy... as I said, forget about south america, seriously. Learn more about New Zealand, Switzerland or Canada

Ha ha ha you're 20 wtf do you know

love yourself, fam.

I do! It's just that... it's so hard to break ice these days... no one wants to make a sincere effort with another human being, they are always in a hurry

I know I'm a great dude, it's the starting part that is lacking

19*

Your 25 soon. And then 30.
Time goes so fast..

There still some chance to do stuff any have fun in your early 20's once you hit 25 if you don't have anything going for you you're screwed. Just if you started in a community college and they keep fucking up your studies so you're their for longer than you should be. Get out. Just up a leave because community college is a waste unless they have a half ass decent technical college or you're after a shitty liberal arts degree.

Part 2:
-Never waste your night on bullshit, try to sleep as much as you can and never try to "sleep 8h in 2h" will fuck up your health in like 2 weeks (been there, I sleep like 2-3h per night if I was lucky) and never be for your GF if you are not sure you want to live the rest of your life with her, wasted time, wasted sleep, been on meds(mostly vitamins) 1 month and you are fucked up in that time
-save some money and anytime have 50$-100$ in your wallet (you don't know when you need some money, maybe it's an emergency)
-don't involve with black girls or if you do this, be extremely careful
-"A man chooses, a slave obeys." you can still choose what path you take, every time be in position to choose even if you choose to obey, when you are no longer able to change a situation you are challenged to change yourself.
-Never go a half way with half a heart, do what you like, what makes you feel good, and never get panicked, people respect the boldness and never honor the timid
-Don't get scammed. The trick to an effective scam is greed
-Don't gamble, if you still want to play online poker or bet small amounts of money, these games aren't made to won at them
-Protect against deception, and never allow others to read your emotions.If you look cold and unreadable you will grow an mysterious look and people tend to have more trust in you/ be more interested in you.
-We live, we learn, keep learning everyday, not school, things that you enjoy (history, psychology, belletristic, everything)
-stop watching TV (I watch tv less than a once a month and I normally watch channels like History) it's actually bullshit, important news you can find on internet too
-keep your political and religious beliefs for yourself, to others say what things are needed or that do no harm, try do not take sides, that can destroy friendships
-Work hard for what you want, or at least work to be ahead the curve
-Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least, should be sweet…
Part 3 soon

Part 3:
-You'll discover that problems have a way of working themselves out if you talk to your friends, don't do all things alone you will be seen as an unfriendly guy and most of time friends fill the gaps in your skills and sometimes you will challenge yourself just for the sake of your friends
-You don't need a reason to live.You just live.
-Most of all I said, be yourself Annon, live the life you want to live, don't make the same mistakes and find yourself a good girl and friends you can trust.
Good night Sup Forumsros!

Some good stuff. Goodluck dude

youtube.com/watch?v=EQWDZ8ymTBk

that way

>19
>20 in April
>6-7 out of 10, could be 8 if I took better care of myself
>On my first year of Microbiology
>Loving it so far
>Obtained an unconditional offer to a good ex-polytechnic (No chance any actual university would take me due to my learning difficulties)
>Single since February
>Got this stupid idea into my head that I would try and find a girlfriend as soon as I got here
>Went on a few dates with a girl in the first 2-3 weeks of term then I lost interest (realized that she wasn't someone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with)
>I detest casual sex, it's stupid
>Really fucked up my sleep schedule, started to miss more and more lectures (luckily the University records all of them, so I've been able to catch up)
>Only managed to keep a decent sleep schedule for the last 4-5 days
>Spend my time watching lectures I should have attended, play vidya (less and less now), build models and make things with my hands in my spare time
>I've stopped talking to all of my friends from college
>Still talk to all of my steam friends on a daily basis though
>Only made 2 close friends so far, but a bunch of guys (about 15-20) I go play Wargames with on a Wednesday
>I'm thinking about getting into the University DnD club to meet some more people
>I've lost some weight but I need to loose more
>Started growing my hair out, thinking of slicking it back (never done anything with my hair; until now I've always just had a crew cut)
>Started working on my personal presentation

Most important thing I've been coming to terms with is best summed up with a bioshock quote:

"A mans duty is to himself, not to anyone else"

Since I've started doing things for myself and not for others I've found I have much more motivation to do things.

Sup Forums weirdly helped me a lot; its reassuring to know that there are thousands of people out there in a similar situation to yours.

Judging by your pic, you must've poopsmoked your teenage years away getting high as shit nigger all the time
Now you're 20, don't have any money for your next fix and you are on Sup Forums waiting for your next cock to suck so you can go buy more butthash to get high as shit nigger some more

>Australia - Amazing country being destroyed by erratic laws and a bit of cultural mess. But a nice country to move in.

I went to Australia recently, I loved it. Its the only country I'm even remotely considering moving to.

Couple of things though:

>Worst behaved kids I've ever seen
>Expensive almost to absurdity
>Archaic infrastructure (Internet etc)

People in general were really friendly, and as an incredibly blunt and to the point guy I fit right in. Got invited back to a house party while I was there; kind of wish I had gone now...

don't smoke weed when your brain is still developing

I concur, but man is feminism destroying that country
Otherwise a very nice place to go, the definition of open, friendly country

You'll be glad to know a thing called nbn is being introduced slowly, if you're prepared to pay ~$100 a month for your internet, you'll get ~90dl speed and ~40ul speed, like me :)

As for the children, my solution is blast loud music in earphones, It's like they're not even there.