Anybody else here stressed as fuck about college admissions?

Anybody else here stressed as fuck about college admissions?

nah. im just wondering how long my boss has to live and how long he'd be able to pay me in the mean time and if its a betrayal to take up a job with someone else.

Nope. I got accepted to my second choice college.

And I went there after I graduated high school, back in 1991. :-/

daddy

Nah, cause I make more than most college graduates without having crippling debt and wasting 4 years of my life at school. College is a scam.

Hmmm. That sounds 2 + 2 = 5 and Kevin Spacey to me

I just want a comfy college life

kek I'm about to graduate!

Getting in is easy. STAYING in is hard, especially if you dick around the entire time.

Unless your grades are horrific, you shouldn't have a problem getting into college OP. I don't know where you're applying, but unless it's Yale, I think you'll get in. IF NOT, just get into a community college. They suck, but they're cheap still- get your 2 years, get some of the 4 year requirements out of the way, and get your GPA up. THEN get into your 4 year.

And when you get there, stay focused. Don't get high/drunk all the time, and don't isolate yourself. Join a club for the love of god.

You have a lot of opportunity going into college, and you have to take the initiative.

You'll be okay.

Nope.
Stressed more doing my thesis.
>1991
I graduated HS in 1983

Good advice.
Also use the community college to take weed-out classes over the summer. Lower stress and smaller class size.

Im in CA. The gpa requirements for any of our schools is fucking crazy. I have a 3.8, and that is considered absolutely abysmal for most university of California campus'.

I hope it works out.

Hell yeah. We need next year's incoming class to grow by 10% or no raises for the faculty, and I'd like a fucking raise.

There's always Fresno State.

Woah, are you an admissions reader or just faculty?

If so, can you help chance me for the schools?

Do what you have to do to better your own life broski.

sorta, Im applying to PhD programs and they are due between Dec 1- Jan 15. So the stressed part really comes in a couple months from now

Just faculty. Admissions readers are not that bright, though. Anything SJW will warm their hearts.

PhD in what, and where?

I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to take the first step and get out of your dorm room. It's so painfully depressing to be stuck in your room doing the same old shit, and not engaging in the activities you observe everyone else doing. It happened to me. I played WoW in college, skipped classes, gained a fuckton of weight, got depressed... all that shit. It got so bad that I would feel anger and resentment when I heard my dorm neighbors across the hall LAUGHING and having a good time.

Get yourself involved in shit. You don't need to go on epic adventures, but it is vital that you make a connection.

It helps to try and change bad behaviors like online gaming. mp3 players used to be huge, way bigger than they are now back when I went, so everybody isolated themselves, even outside- drowning out human interaction with their music.

It's tough, but god dammit dude it is so worth it!

I wrote about struggling with ADHD and growing up a musician. Good topics or nah? Not like I have time to change them.

i mean i can get other jobs but this one in particular is a little too similar and idk it just feels weird man

Chemistry or Biochemistry, I honestly dont feel like listing all 6 schools

Nope. Paying 20€ per semester for organization costs.
> EUROPE

paying $30,000 a year for ok college

>end me

Makes me sad that admissions readers aren't bright. College has a huge impact, especially in my generation where everyone is scared they won't get jobs.

Is my topic about growing up on a farm a good idea? it seems unique

Perhaps a tad. Applying to med school and its pretty much a grand down the shitter if none of them take me even though id definitely not be any school's last choice.

im in the same boat right now. i have so much work to do

you know what makes a bigger difference long-term than getting into your first choice school?

getting straight As at whatever college you're at, making connections with professors, joining/leading clubs, and then leveraging all of that into a kick ass grad school.

go to any accredited 4-year university and do this, guaranteed an amazing grad school and fat stacks

The biggest thing about further education is sucking everyone's dick at your first school. Ive met so many people I would have never guessed were the heads of programs at other schools or were on some committee. It really helped out getting letters because just a specific person's name on a piece of paper can make the difference.

>stressed as fuck about college admissions?
Why get stressed? The worst that could happen is you get admitted.

Due in four days....my essays are pretty good I think but I find myself worrying and nitpicking over every little thing....

nope, dropped out and making my 6 figs, im all set nigga

"no college and 6 figures haHaa"
> fat greasy neckbeard jerking off to traps in your mothers basement

i have so many college specific essays to do, plus I have 6 AP classes on top of a job, running clubs to pad my resume. the stress is getting to me.

where are you applying?

applying to University of California Berkeley, Davis, SC

3.81 gpa, 1390 sat.

I hate this whole process.