I'm paying for 30 mbps and during peak times it goes down to 5 mbps...

I'm paying for 30 mbps and during peak times it goes down to 5 mbps. I live in an apartment complex that only has access to att&t. Are these fuckers throttling my internet? I'm using the gateway they provided, the tech said that I had to use theirs.

welcome to america.

Right. Bend over

>peak times
Thats your problem
Its the same line to the box.

That's because it's peak times.

There's only so much bandwidth they can provide. If they haven't (or won't) upgrade their connections to the apartment, then during peak times you can always expect slowdowns. It's in their TOS that the advertised speed can and will vary.

Same user.

I was paying Frontier for 6M (rural area), and for the most part I got closer to 7, but occasionally on weekends and holidays it would drop down to 1 due to all the people using it at once around the area.

Thanks for all the feedback, so what do I do to get better download speed during peak times?

just download more bandwidth, problem solved.

Not a damn thing, did you even read what we have posted?

We need to go after these fucks and have them specify a variance range in the TOS

What retard would pay for 30.

Damn fair enough

What do you mean? Retard here

The vrad or rt sites can only offer so much bandwith and sales loves to choke it down by selling ppl a 5m internet speed but it’s being delivered via a 32m service. That’s 25m of wasted bandwith that could be put to good use, but won’t.

Also, if you look, speeds are offered up to 6m, or up to 12m. AT&T also doesn’t guarantee their speeds over the wireless network.

I'm re reading this and should I be pissed at the complex for going cheap on the connections?

Out of interest OP how much do you pay for that 30mb ?

If you plan to be at this place for a while, you could complain to the apartment landlords, and get other people to complain as well. Not sure what options are available in your hood, some areas only have one or two providers so they are pretty fucked.

>you could complain to the apartment landlords
That’s not going to do a damn thing.

What I said is in all of the sales items, you just have to look at the fine print. The speed tests are preferred to be a hard wired connection with no other devices connected to the RG “modem” to get a “best effort” speed test result.

It may not do anything right away, but if they get enough complaints AND they have some options, they may look into it. Having good internet is a requirement for many people nowadays.

Yep. Not going any good to complain to the apartment landlords. It’s not their problem. Just remember AT&T, Rethink Possible!

They’ve already started screwing up DirecTV since acquiring them. I’m sure they’ll do the same with TimeWarner if that sale goes through.

AT&T sucks. They screw up entire divisions of their corporation due to years of incompetency and mismanagement then sell them off when it will cost too much to bring them up to modern standards.

Isn't U-verse a DSL service?

They're probably throttling you, or just being lazy about spending the money on upgrades in order to influence the net neutrality "conversation".

EXACTLY!!! Incompetency at its finest! At least Randall is still getting his millions in bonuses.

The majority of it is an ipdsl service. There is also a large market of fttp service.

Any sources of this? It makes so much sense.

No source, just my limited experience with them from the last 10-15 years.

Ehh.. I’m just a peon known as a wire tech. About 5 years experience with these first class services

Tether your phone and use your 4G connection instead.