What has been stopping you from reaping the rewards user...

what has been stopping you from reaping the rewards user? Its at $9750 right now and expected to hit $25000 within 5 years

What exactly can you buy with it other than drugs?

sell the coins for money

It’s crap. No government will ever accept it. Have fun buying digital shit with it.

Which is federally regulated and taxed.

Everything, retard

you can buy things... It's money... It's accepted by my friend Brian and Overstock.com, I think that's about it right now.

Why the fuck would I care if the government accepts it? They're the last people I want to give my money too.

japan started accepting it last month

newegg accepts it and amazon is probably going to start accepting it soon

so is everything else in this world

Because just like what china did, it doesn't take much to destabilize it.

its gone up around $2000 since then

That's the beauty of it though, you can't actually regulate it. You can try to regulate it, but it's anonymous and the internet doesn't care about borders. Good luck!

Stop. Shilling. Retard. Cryptoshite value can change on a rumor my nigger. In five years it'll be worth less than nothing. See? I just dropped your value significantly.

Earned bitcoin as a primary source of income for over a year now, travelled over 9 countries without a bank account. Welcome to the evolution of money faggots

I want to invest because I can't imagine why it would drop.

Do any of you know how to properly rig a race? You get people betting on a winning horse, and you make sure that horse continues to win. When everyone sees the patter and thinks the horse can’t lose, they will bet big or even go all in. THAT is when you have the horse lose and the house makes a fucking fortune. Your bitcoin horse is winning now....

they tried that, it recovered its losses within days, hours. the confidence is just reassured everytime it dips

I felt the same way when I saw it at 3k a few months ago and I passed.. then I saw it hit 4k then 5k, then at 6k I finally jumped on..

You know horse racing users perimutal wagering, right? The house gets the same amount no matter which horse wins...

In this case, why would making Bitcoin lose make anybody a fortune?

Ohhhhh, wait, I get it. You're retarded. Sorry.

its kind of hard to rig a horse race that has millions of horses, isnt run by a single house and is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 160billion dollars

Fuck this gay thread I hope you niggers lose everything.

you are just mad some of us are making money off this and you are a foreverpoorfag

I was buying these things for 800 a pop just last year and probably spent close to 1.5 coins on drugs. Fuck me am i pissed at myself for spending them. Is it too late to hop bqck on the bitdick?

Spent 20 bucks on bitcoin in May for the fuck of it and forgot about it. Checked my Coinbase account and it had tripled. Free money is tight

probably not, its gonna see 10k in a few days and then probably waver for a few more days.. 15k by mid next year so easy money

Every dollar you spent on anything could have been used to buy Bitcoin. Spending bitcoin is no different than not buying it. It feels different, but it's not.

I don't think it's possible to get another free lunch from bitcoin. Man I wish I could've hopped on when it was getting started, I could be retired by now.

How do you start?

gonna go higher still

easiest beginner way is to go to coinbase or one of the other exchanges, I like gdax

>expected
By shills.
>what has been stopping you from reaping the rewards user?
It's nothing but speculation.

Go back to /biz/

Thanks man, I'll check it out

right now seems like a really good time to buy its dipping

This is a good question.

How do you buy Bitcoin? And what's the process of selling it?

Literally don't have the money to start this shit,I have like, $1 - 2 on my paypal if I am lucky. Most of my money goes to bills, which is electric and interwebz, and I end up with nothing leftover since I make money by selling shit. Can't even use one of those "get daily bitcoins (Satoshi)" websites cause you can do them for months and still not get shit out of em.

There is no worthwhile argument that can be made to justify investing in cryptocurrency.

1. Communists are basically subverting the world on a societal level rn and will eradicate this crony-capitalistic hobby.

2. The value of Bitcoin is entirely superficial. It's based on promises and faith. The fact that nobody can suffer any meaningful consequences for making a bad investment via-Bitcoin (except in cases where it's traded at the value of traditionally minted currency), means that it has no meaningful gain when making a good investment. This is comes hand-in-hand with deregulation.

3. Like most other cryptocurrencies, it's prone to exaggerated inflation. The fact that it can be produced only at a cost of traditional currencies means that the likeliness it'll burst is absurdly high.

4. The standard for Bitcoin currency is entirely dependent on trade with traditional currencies.

Have fun with your niche hobby, nerds.

enjoy being poor

Nice counter-argument. Very constructive. Thanks for your creative input, user.

Yeah, but who the fuck buys bitcoin for 25 000 dollars, nigger. To reap that profit you need a buyer.

Nothing is stopping me.

Whatever you use money for. That's the point.

Is it worth it to buy a full coin at this point? I'd feel dumb as fuck if lose thousands of dollars on this shit

You can buy 0.00000001 of a bitcoin man, it's called a satoshi.

That makes no sense.

>thinking in terms of inflationary currency as opposed to deflationary.

So many normies in this thread holy shit I need to go back to /biz/.

It's as simple as a few clicks for both. It's that easy.

Bullshit 25k

yeah if you can afford it.. listen I'm not telling you to put your life savings in it just yet.. there is always risk involved with this sort of thing. But the day my mortgage, groceries and other bills can be paid in cyrpto thats the day I go all in. A gas station in my area already accepts bitcoin and I have used it 5 times in the last 6 months so it is catching on.. you could stand to be ahead of the curve and make a few bucks..

It can be broken down, NIGGER.

What I want to see is the explanation of people who cash in their bitcoin and mysteriously deposit $100,000 into their back in the future. I assume some kind of federal agency will contact you somehow.

Then go to your echochamber, moron. Sorry you don't like hearing the truth that you're investing real money into momentary electrons that are being farmed for free by people with more real money than you have. It's the reality, compadre.

This is why counterfeiting is illegal.

How is that literally any different than our current society? We're on a fucking debt standard and can print more bills that we're told mean something when they don't. It's all bullshit. The only REAL thing you can invest in is precious metals. That's fucking it. This is a great alternative and it's fucking the banks right up the ass. Keep on with your broken system, grandpa.

Traditionally currencies are based on precious metals, you dipshit. Currency is trade based on these metals. Yeah, they're inflated up the ass, but when they crash, metal is still worth something.

When WWIII comes, or Bitcoin crashes, there won't be anything to replace it. Keep on with your currency that literally has no leg to stand on, other than it's trade value in traditional currency, you stupid nigger.

Who says I'm not making so much that I can afford to pay the taxes on my capital gains.... just like I would do on stocks ect... your making a mountain out of a mole hill

There was a kid in school who was obsessed with these and somehow managed to get over 3000 of them before anyone really knew what these even were. We all used to laugh at him for being a weird fuck.

God knows how many he has now and what he's even done with him. Smart kid though, doubt he would have sold them.

What can I even use gold or silver for when everything comes crashing down? That little piece of paper that says I own 20 lbs of gold can be counterfeit too. Besides if it all goes ww3 and what not then your cash, your gold everything except food and bullets become worthless so why not take a chance

Rich as fuck sitting on an island somewhere drunk in hand living the good life

How much are you not getting the point? Bitcoin IS the currency. Yes, you can exchange it for fiat if someone doesn't accept Bitcoin. But soon more and more people will accept it. It's another currency entirely. The value is that there are only 21 million of them EVER and over time a lot of those will get lost either due to idiots losing wallets or dying. It will continue to go up in value based on that alone. Imagine if there was only ever 21 million dollars ever printed and that was the legal tender of the land. Having a dollar is worth way more than it would be in the current world. That's the point. Bitcoin won't crash because it can't unless NO ONE will accept it. That's not what we're seeing at all. It's getting adoption and attention like crazy. Everyone knows the US dollar is gonna tank fucking ass and Bitcoin is going to be a safe currency for times like you're describing. It's a pure peer to peer currency with no bullshit about it. If I say something is .001 sats, then it's .001 sats. Someone pays be .001 sats, they get the goods. It's fucking simple.

steam too
the coins are money
you would have a point if bitcoin had no utility at all but the ability to send money to anyone in the world with no 3rd party is a big fucking deal, so no matter what the exchange rate is, I will always want more

Guessing you invested early?

I imagine most people jumping on board now wish they'd bought a load when they were a couple of dollars each.

Nowadays it's likely that you'll get a return on it as the price isn't likely to plummet significantly/permanently at any point soon (despite the scaremongering) but we'll never see the insane boost we've seen so far.

I bought $100 dollars worth earlier in the year and hopefully it'll turn into several hundred over the next few years, but I'm confident I'm not about to retire to a mansion due to my investment in BTC at any point .

is mining still an option or is it solely just trade and investments at this point?

>the day my mortgage, groceries and other bills can be paid in cyrpto thats the day I go all in

You already can you fool.

I don't see what people don't understand about this. BTC is just a currency like any other. If you've got $10k worth just withdraw some of it into dollars and you're sorted. Takes like 5 seconds using something like Coinbase.

It is a liquid asset, unlike say a house. You could have a $5m mansion, but obviously you need someone willing to pay $5m before you've actually got that money. With BTC you can cash in at any time.

It's no different that having say, Euros in cash, going to the UK, and simply converting your Euros into Pounds so you can buy shit.

I'm no expert, but I've read that mining generally costs more in energy usage than you get out of it.

The only viable mining operations are huge server farm type setups and even they operate at a loss a lot of the time.

no. You can mine shitcoins on your computer and get paid in bitcoin though. You won't make much. If you want bitcoin, you need to get it the same way you get any other money: provide goods or services for it, or exchange something else of value for it like shitty monopoly money (USD)

mining is a multimilion dollar entry fee at this point, and you need to have cheap/free electricity in order to even consider entrying the market; plus new miner designs are constantly in the works so your investment might end up being obsolete by the time you get it up and running

I just meant that at my local grocery store afaik they won't accept bitcoin, I never bothered to look into my mortgage company.

I own 15 btw so far

Yeah you've pretty much gotta be near a huge energy source and live in China to be a profitable miner. Electricity is cheap af there.

what everyone in this thread should realize is at some point, people will try to prevent people from getting Bitcoin. Whether it's the government or the banking industry, it'll be because it threatens them and their power over you.

You either didn't read my post or are too stupid to deserve money.

I clearly said you can just convert it into your local currency. So if you own 15 BTC, convert say one of them into USD and you've got nearly $10,000.

Just more of a ran to buy now, by not buying you are telling the government and bankers that you enjoy being stepped on.

You aren't telling me anything I don't know.... why ate you attacking me? I'm on your side

>stating that there is no argument and then generalizing with "so, basically..."
it's a school night go to bed

yep.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that one satoshi could eventually equal one cent, which means if you own one bitcoin, you're a millionaire. If you bought $100 now, it'd be worth 10,530. I can't wait till I can get paid in it.

Of course, why would you trade such a useful thing for a million less useful pieces of paper? ;)

microsoft accepts that shit. but bad rates, i think they take like a 25% cut

japan did...

Computers and smart phones used to be for "nerds" too. Look at how this shit turned out, Nostradumbass.

Yup. You can earn $4 a day on a 1080ti and even more on a vega.
Can also mine on cpu too. Close to $2 a day on a overclocked ryzen. More cores the better.

Nah. I live in los Angeles where we pay about 0.25 a kilowatt hour and still make bank.

I'm not attacking you, I'm pointing out that you don't seem to understand the fact you CAN use BTC in the likes of your grocery store, if you spend 5 seconds converting it into USD (or whatever your local currency is).

I think one of us is simply mis-reading what the other has said.

BTC is just currency like any other. It would be largely worthless if you couldn't just convert it into traditional currency, but you can.

Underrated post

Dip shit dumb Nigger go back to my post and read. I said they don't take bitcoin directly in the form of bitcoin. Now fuck off

Hey guys have been reading this thread and I'm very interested. Can someone explain how to buy them and sell them and anything else that a new possible investor needs to know. Thanks heaps

>Hey guys have been reading this thread
>Can someone explain how to buy them and sell them
If you've been reading the thread, then you should know that it's already been covered.

I've made over $140 on bitcoin and litecoin in the past month.
Whats everyones thoughts on Ripple (XRP), and Bytecoin?
Pretty cheap. Hoping for growth like in Bitcoin.

Frankly, I have no idea how to acquire, store, and access Bitcoin. That's why.

The fact that it's stuck in one device scared me. How can I be sure my money won't get lost if I loose my device with the app.

The ez way,
Go to nicehash.com
Download it.
Go to coinbase.com and create a account/wallet. You don't need any payment info. Look in the options and Get the btc code it gives you and put that in nicehash. Run nicehash and make money. You won't get paid until you reach a certain amount. Could be a month or two if your on a ghetto gpu. After you get enough it's automatically transferred to coinbase. Then you can transfer/convert the bitcoins and send it to your bank or paypal.
It's that easy.

print out your private key. store it in a safety deposit box.

Installed the Bitcoin wallet for months but still hesitating to purchase bc though.

Please send my some
1BCBbyEt9V9CZCMJEZ
HScdtQb5tcSDHwTU

I just want to see if it works. Thanks

This part causes me heartburn. I don't know what sort of authorization I'm yielding when I connect my back account.

"Connect Your Bank Account
After you sign up, connect your bank account. You'll need to complete some verification steps before you can use the account."

that's a great idea based user. Do professionals do the same to backup their fortune?

Winrar
Wake up the burgers

.rar

Also whats the best BC Android app?

Fact! Me too

It wont let me screen shot my account because of "Security protocol"

These naysayers are computer programs stopping us from keeping up.

I can't imagine rational humans from understanding that digital currency makes more sense than a piece of paper that is a dollar bill that has the same amount of ink on it than a 100 dollar bill...insanity

probably encrypted on usb drive, but I would assume they keep a backup

Well done faggot

>Download it
Download what? I dont see a "Download" Option

It's not real money. It will crash harder than the dot coms of the 90's. Hurry up and sell and make your money or lose it all

But what do they encrypt? The whole device or the app?

you just compared improved commodities to replacing an entire existing infrastructure that society depends on with something that disappears permanently in an EMP...