Best game of all time in your opinion thread

Best game of all time in your opinion thread.

Pic related

>Final
>12

Mhmm

Go to Sup Forums

Kek

This is attune to saying go to /s/ for tits

I don't understand how people enjoyed this game, it plays itself. By far the most boring final fantasy game made.

Knowing that Sup Forums is now swarming with newfags I guarantee the consensus will be some lame open world fps rpg, a 3rd person over the shoulder cinematic action shooter, or something other plebian style of gaming

I've tried to get into this game but it hasn't really grabbed me. The music though. Dream of a Shore Near Another World is pure perfection.

Sengoku Rance

Anything else is contrarian.

So then what's your pick?

SMB3

I definitely understand what you mean. But you can stop it from playing itself if you turn off gambits.

played this game consistently since it came out, some parts are dumb but i;m always finding new things that are awesome.

Name a game with more charisma.

Also Jak and Daxter was a childhood-ish favorite but this is still great you may want a graphical overhaul which aren't hard to find.

MGS

That was one of the best FF games but not the best game of all time.

used to play it a lot when i was a kid, and i loved it

Don't mind me just going to dump my childhood in this thread.

Spyro was revolutionary tbh

>How I learned geography

Skate is definitely tied with tony hawk underground 2

not really an opinion more objective fact but i'm posting it anyhow

Final fantasy X was way better OP come on now, its no argument.

FFVIII was and still is the greatest Final Fantasy game ever conceived.

Baten Kaitos. Origins was much better than Eternal Wings, but both are amazing.

prefer fallout 3, i know nv is the clear better choice but 3 strikes something for me that nv never could, idk.

Original Battlefront series is on par with some of the GOAT games

X was pretty good. It was the first one I played. It was also the first JRPG I played. For me, still not as good as XII.

Eight is trash just like your opinion

2 was best tbh

>Junction System
>Good

>choose one

Whatever.

A handful of my favorites

seemed like it made the world realize a FPS didn't have to be a linear path with random stuff to shoot...

my boy enjoys the original battlefront. its astounding how little love it gets compared to the sequel

awww yeah.

When called called him Leon in Kingdom Hearts, I gave up on humanity. I was embarrassed with no one around.

I loved the junction system because it triggered autists who can't stand to have 89 of a spell as opposed to a perfect 100.

Pretty sure Black was the best.

just beat that game again for the 100000th time yesterday, soundtrack still blows my balls off

Diablo II

Too Many Characters: The Game

>Now's the part where we don't see any of these people for the next 20 hours

Fallout 2 was infinitely better than both put together.

10/10 game

You're probably right

first was better

>say the wrong thing
>locked out of talking to NPC forever
>90's references XD
>sneak by activating the character trait "stealth" onto yourself
>companions could kill you by accident
great game

No love for some D&D videa

Couldn't disagree more

Other than being a Final Fantasy rip off, yes.

If it is not broke why fix?

chrono cross had some of the best backgrounds of all time. i recently played ff15. what a fuckin shitshow. they completely lost the sense what made a great jrpg and why ff7 was an international hit, why ff9 is the best, why ff8 is cult.

fallout 3 guy here, im sorry user but fuck that shit. I tried playing fallout 1 but i immediately died by the mutated rat or whatever animal u fight at the beginning. that shit is way too confusing for my autist brain.

i played through the second one on my ps2 a couple times. great series

this, also dark alliance 2

>spyro
Y'all had a great childhood

its not mutated, its just hungry

To be fair a few of those are joke characters:
>The turnip
>The pink dog
>Voodoo doll
>Bunny girl
>Giant mushroom
>Transexual rock star
>Animated skeleton you reassembled while saving the world and fighting salt and pepper
>The space alien
>The professional wrestler and exorcist
>The black Mamie
>The black Mamie's Indian son
>The card dealing illusionist who's obviously on meth
You only have 20 something characters to wade through.

Something about this response made me laugh really hard

>Shit we didn't finish the game
>It's okay, just release it anyway

Also Darth Definitely-a-badguy in your party was way too obvious.

Actually meant to post this one in

Agreed

And your so pretorian after all...

Pic related is the best game ever

For me it was a toss up between 8 and X. 8 had the shitty card game but X had the disappointing ending. But LuLu was tit.

Whaaaaaa nobody is talking about 7 or tactics?

well i guess that hungry rat is havig tard for dinner, cuz i got no clue how to defend myself in that game. i like fallout 3 more since its simplistic for my IQ of 70 brain.

2ez

The soundtracks in the first 3 games were fucking gold. Stewart Copeland makes such comfy music

>look it says booty xd

overrated garbage, def my least fav FF. At least the others have replay value. In FFX, its not only linear as shit, but you gotta sit through the same dumb dialogue and cut scenes over again

I know its been awhile "4 u" but your thinking of (now stay with me here dumbass)

T. Cloud-kun fangirl

>obviously on meth
thats me IRL. tho not obvs.
Favorite geimu? Fuck, I cant say really. My favorite franchise is Pokemon.
this is a very excellent choice. I fucking love this game. I still have my Pikachu edition N64 with the physical cart. 120 star file.
Honestly most of my childhood was spent with a gameboy advanced SP under the blankets playing Emerald/Firered. Had GCN with the classic shit like SA2B, melee, pokemon XD, Pikmin1&2, Paper Mario TTYD, Metroid Prime, fucking Hell so much shit (good shit)
Still have the PS2. GTA 1-3, SA being the best. Twisted Metal Black, FF7 through 12 iirc, both kingdom hearts, dark cloud 1&2, the Jax series, Ratchet and Clank series, some Spyro game for PS1 but I never managed to get it to save unfortunately so I speedran it as far as I could one night.
Super Nintendo with Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World. Need I say more
Sega Genesis with every good sonic game. Need I say more.
Went through basically every handheld Nintendo product. Really loved Nintendo and still do.
Played OSRS with my dad that got me in to it. Produced such intense feelings of nostalgia that I remembered my login info from nearly a decade ago and played recently.
But to sum it up, prolly Pokemon in general. Its really hard to pick one game. But if I had to pick, I'd prolly say Emerald. The Battle Frontier was such an infinite source of aftergame fun.
Im sure there's many more games I forgot about, but still
Now most of my childhood is either lost or broken

>rated M

Not in today's standards

7 is incredibly overrated. Tactics isnt bad though.

Worse than XII's single-player MMO grind coupled with Vaan being forced as the main character by higher-ups?

Worse than XIII's several hour long intro before you even get experience, its hallway-like levels, terrible characters and rip-off of X's ending but instead it's confusingly ass-pulled by the main character at the last second?

Worse than XI, the most boring major MMO ever?

You're right about the cutscenes. It's fucking awful, but they're all linear until you're allowed into the open world to do the extra content.

Either this or Deus Ex.

Yes to all that. I would rather lvl a job to 99 in XI than play X again. XIII is only slightly better than X for me, and I had no prob with XII

Youngfags here will never know the feeling of havin all your boys come over and duke it out over smash 64.
>ywn again be hopped up on gushers, fruit rollups, and hiC while crowded around a big box TV with the neighborhood kids
>ywn fight over who gets the gold controller
>ywn slay your buddies with Link
>ywn franticly smash the jump button in attempt to dodge your friend after he got the hammer

The first one doesn't have to be real linear, and FFX took it to the extreme, where you not only have no world map to explore, but you really can't explore muc h at all till the end. XIII had the same prob as far as that goes

Melee is what I grew up with. Im the user that posted the whole paragraph of games I grew up with alongside the monochrome sad gif

This and Kingdom Hearts. Probably the two most influential games of my childhood.

By far

>XIII is only slightly better than X for me

You have to be retarded.

XIII has an interesting battle system that they dump into a game that only requires you to use it on optional, side-mission shit that comes dozens of hours into the game so the rest of it is "AUTO BATTLE, AUTO BATTLE, AUTO BATTLE, AUTO BATTLE" for 30 hours.

The characters, all of them, are boring and forgettable shit.

They seem to have forgotten to write an ending so the do the exact same thing they do in FFX except, unlike X, they don't bother coming up with their plan until the final boss battle, it makes no sense when they do but it works anyway for no fucking reason. Then the ending happens and it too makes basically no sense.

You complained that X is too linear while XIII is basically 100% hallways until you get to the one open area in the whole world which serves basically as the side-quest area.