If Trump comes out and says that he will legalize weed throughout the country, he will automatically win...

If Trump comes out and says that he will legalize weed throughout the country, he will automatically win. He would steal so many votes from the left. It's going to be legal soon anyway, why not take the boost to momentum? These lefties are easily swayed anytime someone mentions weed, and over half of the country thinks it should be legal anyway. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWIQhDbs1g8
merryjane.com/news/want-marijuana-legalized-then-donald-trump-is-your-best-option
youtu.be/tyeJ55o3El0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He'd lose a lot of more conservative voters. Leaving it to the states is his best option.

Unlike Shillory, Trump stays true to his morals

>implying you can do successfully this without dissolving the DEA

I'm just going to call bullshit. It is almost a non-issue for everyone in the country now.

>conservatives like government oversight.

He already plans to do that faggot

fuckin a

This might work, but in order for it to do so, he needs to make it clear that the government will tax the hell out of weed, and pass the savings on to hard working middle class Americans (that is Whites) in the form of income tax cuts.

>weed is the only illegal narcotic what

social ones do

How is legalizing it federally not leaving it up to states? They can ban it if they want, right now even if they legalize it it is still a gray area.

he shouldn't mention that would be too much pandering, its a bad idea imo lots of his supporters are straight edge like myself and dont like to have degeneracy normalized, leave it to the states don't interfere

That's exactly how I think he should sell it to conservative voters.

Nigger, legalizing it federally is literally leaving it up to the states.

lol Who would conservative voters go to?

WWIII, caused by Trump, is going to be so much easier to bear when one is high.
9/10 would vote for him

we all know who causes world wars, Hans

Exactly. If you appeal to their common financial sense, many conservatives will come around on the issue. The crazy bible beaters are another story, but Trump's nomination has already marginalized them. With the support this will get from a good percentage of Democrats, it would be a done deal.

>tax the hell out of weed
Low taxes unless it's something you dislike..... Honestly, you are between nigger tier and a bernie supporter. Trying to find a way to get gibs off other people through taxes. Disappointed more than anything.

You should have stayed the fuck out of europe. At least the second time, so we could today enjoy a nice, muslim-free continent.

I was just suggesting that was the best way to sell the idea to the electorate, and by extension, their Congressional representatives. I'd certainly prefer to see legal weed taxed lightly, but that would require considerably more political capital that Trump could likely spend better elsewhere.

sry hans

BECAUSE TRUMP'S NOT A LOWLIFE DEGENERATE LIKE YOU, OP

FUCK POT

ONLY SCUMBAGS SMOKE POT

>If Trump comes out and says that he will legalize weed throughout the country, he will automatically win.

>merryjane.com/news/want-marijuana-legalized-then-donald-trump-is-your-best-option

Even dude weeds admit it.

Why is it you fucking morons on pol don't understand about the way this country works?

The president doesn't write bills that become law. The House writes the bill, senate passes or rejects, president signs.

Trump can say he's going to do anything in the God damn world but until someone writes the law in the house it's not going to happen.

All you fucking morons think that Obama wrote the Obamacare law. He did not write that, the house wrote it. The Republican-led House.

You fuckin punks should spend a little bit more time in civics class and less time playing video games

> He doesn't understand what campaign promises are

A large minority of Republican voters are already Libertarian, and the rest of the voting base isn't going to vote for Clinton if Trump announces he wants to legalize weed.

>I'm just going to call bullshit. It is almost a non-issue for everyone in the country now.

three pair wins

He doesnt want to appear endorsing of drugs for sound reasons but he knows the beans shouldn't have all that sweet off the books money. He brings up drugs with respect to the border and is thinking along those lines.

Happening.

DEA is rescheduling next month anyway.

Weed is degenerate. Are you implying Trump is degenerate?

checked

He should say he wants to reschedule it from DEA schedule one to something more appropriate.

You clown, we have an imperial presidency! The president proposes wide-ranging shit, and congress writes it up and approves it.

how did colorado legalize it?

They voted for it. And its so cheap,quality and sautrated cartels smuggle it south. All you really need to have happen is to allow the states to do this business with eachother.

except trump won't say that and as a stoner and trump supporter i wouldn't want him to

while the fed has no business making cannabis a schedule I drug and criminalizing it they also don't have the jurisdiction to override all the states. the states have the right to choose for themselves

literally has proven he knows nothing about marijuana and politics. copping out an answer, saying whatever's happening now is good. shameful.

He wants a wall to keep brick weed out.

nice d-d-dub! 10/10 MEME ROLL

Very few social conservatives are voting for trump anyway. they're typically the "never trump" people.

He won't do it, he thinks it's bad and a gateway drug, and he wants to build a wall to prevent it coming in, cause he thinks that's how we get all our illicit drugs, but he might be okay with rescheduling it to schedule II or III for medical. He's behind medical 100% (all 3 candidates are) and both him and Hillary are hedging their answers on legalization for recreational but both of them indicate that they don't really like it and would prefer states decide for themselves. Only Bernie Sanders has come out unequivocally in favor of legalization of Marijuana, saying that he'd have it DESCHEDULED, so it's no longer a controlled substance federally.

>states best option

except that that violates federal law as it currently stands and will eventually go to the supreme court and the supreme court will say the supremacy clause makes the federal law, which is the controlled substances act that currently places Marijuana on schedule I the most illegal category of drugs there are, trumps any state laws.

It will only take 1 lawsuit put up through a conservative supreme court to make state legalized marijuana go away.

It has to be done on a federal level, whether through rescheduling (which would enable medical marijuana on a nationwide level) or descheduling, followed by repealing certain acts that made Marijuana illegal prior to the CSA (which would make it so there is no federal law on Marijuana). This would enable states the decide for themselves without any federal obstruction. Most states already have their own laws on the books some have decriminalized it, some have legalized other have their own penalties independent of federal law.

They can "legalize it" but the Federal government can sue them and have it shut down if they want, technically what they're doing is against federal law.

You get one person like Chris Christie in a cabinet position and legal marijuana in Colorado goes bye bye.

I do appreciate his stance of wanting federal medical marijuana, but leaving it up to the states whether recreational use is legal or not. I think that's a nice compromise. I have a medical card in California, but I would like it to be legal for recreational use here.

How is this any different than sanctuary cities or not offering marriage licenses?

actually you're the idiot who doesn't understand how the Head of the Executive Branch (the President) works with the Bureaucracies (also part of the executive branch).

The President, as Obama has done already (it's currently under decision by the DEA) can charge the Attorney General, the DEA, the Office of National Drug Policy, and the FDA to evaluate a drug's status within the Controlled Substances Act.

If the FDA evaluates a drug and determines it has medical use, it recommends that the drug should be reduced in scheduling because for a drug to be schedule I it has to have NO ACCEPTED MEDICAL USE. The Office of National Drug Policy gives a recommendation to the DEA based on abuse statistics, addictions, deaths attributed to the drug, minors who have tried the drug, availability of the drug on the black market, etc.

The DEA takes these recommendations and decides whether or not the status changes according to its criteria for schedule I, giving its decision up the chain of command to the Attorney General, and the President.

The President can also order the DEA to not enforce the law, as Obama has done regarding Colorado, Washington, and states that have legalized it for medical.

So basically the President can do quite a bit with Marijuana law without ever going through Congress.

We should hear from the DEA about rescheduling in a few months.

"Leave it to the states" is literally the best answer for 95% of policy decisions for everyone who's not a retarded un-American faggot

>They can "legalize it" but the Federal government can sue them and have it shut down if they want, technically what they're doing is against federal law.

This happened in my state a few years back. Voters overwhelmingly passed a medical marijuana law that was incredibly loose, and pot shops were everywhere.

A bunch of ted cruz style republitards in state government got angry, brought in the feds and the DEA raided a bunch of the growers, even though they were legal under the state laws.

Anyways, Trump should say he's for legalizing marijuana. It's a fucking stupid issue to fight over, but it will bring on many bernouts or non political stoners while the people on the right who don't like the idea are already ted cruz morons and don't like trump anyways, but they can't let shillary win and take their guns and religion.

They should start showing schoolhouse rock to kids in school.

youtu.be/tyeJ55o3El0

Also I though presidents didn't have that much power either until Obama issued his "decree" a few days ago without going through congress first.

It's not different. If anyone within the federal government sues those localities on account of violating federal law, that can be shut down. Even a regular circuit federal court can make a ruling (though I think in these cases it would get appealed to the supreme court).

Sanctuary cities and not offering marriage licenses only exists because the federal law isn't being enforced.

>They should start showing schoolhouse rock to kids in school.

psh, there are much larger issues at stake these days! We need to teach kids about dat racism and what bathroom to use

This. He's already barely hanging on to the Christcucks, they would be enraged if he came out in support of weed.

see Congress isn't needed to manage Marijuana through the already existing CSA. That's fully an executive branch thing.

Seems like there are too many overpowered federal departments like the US department of education. Education should be left to the States.

>he thinks it's bad and a gateway drug

So he's a retard? Well, no surprise here.

but not doing anything federally isn't leaving it up to the states at all.

Get Chris Christie in office or even as Attorney General and any state legalized Marijuana is dead.

Most conservatives assume that because they choose to live their lives a certain way, everyone else should have to live the exact same way too.

The Freedom to choose your own lifestyle is a liberal idea from the Enlightenment period, which is one of the founding principles of the country.

As far as gateway drug.. well.. thank our drug education programs and the Office of National Drug Policy for that.

Even though the true gateway drugs are caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and prescription opioids (a more recent thing) Marijuana is the one that's illegal (even though when teenagers try tobacco, alcohol, and prescription opioids it's often done so illegally (not their prescription, and underage to purchase booze and cigarettes)) that marks it as the "gateway drug".

Alcohol is by far the biggest, but Caffeine usually the first. Alcohol is the one where they learn "hey I like being fucked up".

if Marijuana is legalized they'll find it's no more of a gateway drug than alcohol and tobacco. Which is to say, it does have that effect for some people, but usually Alcohol and Tobacco come first.

nah his momentum is fine, anything he does now is bonus

he should do free college, universal health care like he already supported and lower ecstasy to therapeutic purposes for ptsd soldiers returning for war

i dont really care about weed but i dont think it should ever be locked up for, maybe he can do that. highest states can do is fine them

Keep it illegal bros.
>last weekend decide fuck it, gonna see what all the hype is about.
>never smoked before, 25 years old
>girlfriend and I meet up with a male friend of mine who smokes
>we smoke for hours
>next thing I know girlfriend's tits are out and we are all dying laughing
>then dicks are being sucked
>etc.

Tl:dr cucked by dude weed lmao

This gateway drug nonsense is ridiculous and everybody who propagates it just proves that he doesn't have a clue.

Even IF this gateway concept would affect a significant amount of users - which it doesn't - you just need to look at the consumption history and -patterns of actual junkies and you'll realize that the vast majority didn't suddenly evolve from a harmless stoner into a meth smoking and heroin shooting drug fiend. Almost always they started with abusing alcohol and prescription meds, exactly like you say.

But "gateway drugs" are bullshit to begin with. Their reasoning is "you casually try drug x (ex. smoke a joint) and enjoy the effects but soon you build up tolerance so first you start looking for ways to consume it more efficiently (ex. smoke bongs all day) then even that is not enough and you'll move on to drug y and so on". IF that was legit, why isn't every tobacco smoker hooked to gravity bongs - considering they are more efficient than filter cigarettes? Or has moved on to shooting heroin - considering it's a similar but much more intense high? Why doesn't everybody who enjoys alcohol shoot 95% proof Jamaican rum up his butt? Obviously it can't just be about addictive potential (nicotine is highly addictive) or tolerance (alcohol tolerance builds up extremely fast).

I began smoking marijuana years ago. I thought it was opening up my mind and that I was finally redpilled for the first time in my life. All of a sudden, a couple of months ago, I started having explosive diarrhea. I thought this was related to how marijuana relaxes the diaphragm and your digestive tract, but now I realize that marijuana is actually a poison. There is no reason whatsoever for it's legalization to continue. We have a chance to prevent it's legalization from happening! This is not your daddy's drug, this is a drug that is being used by the kikes to manipulate the working class!

Nigger, did you even watch the video?

holy fuck you are pathetic, please kill yourself

i cant even believe this is real

>guise i smoked weed and got cucked, its weeds fault, ban it pls

mother of fuck, WEED DOESNT EVEN LOWER INHIBITIONS

YOUR GF IS JUST USING IT AS AN EXCUSE TO BE A WHORE YOU FUCKING DUMB SHELTERED LOSER

Funny, I smoked weed off and on for some years and none of my body parts ever came out with anyone other than my partner, no matter where or when I smoked it.

Funny. Yep.

Your girlfriend was a whore because of the dangers of marijuana use on the impressionable mind. People would rather you believe that everyone is capable of the kind of mental willpower to override their impulse to suck dick, but everyone wants to suck dick. Even you, perhaps, deep down inside, want to suck dick.

Couldn't have been your shitty 'murican diet of frozen, processed and pesticide-saturated food, of course not.

Or the shitty Chinese food you ate the night before.

I swear....

>YOUR GF IS JUST USING IT AS AN EXCUSE TO BE A WHORE YOU FUCKING DUMB SHELTERED LOSER

kek. this.

>Even you, perhaps, deep down inside, want to suck dick.

Speak for yourself, trips. Personally, I prefer getting my dick sucked.

bait nigger

very good statement from germany. also mention the bullshit studies about "young man i'll have you know i watched 'Reefer Madness' when i was a youngster and i happen to know that smoking the devil's lettuce makes you stupid!". i'm not advocating anything, what i'm saying is, don't you think the weed smoker was already a degenerate moron before they took the first puff of their first joint?

You anti-loyalist piece of shit! How dare you berate our wonderful food culture! We take the best out of every nation and deep fry it.

As of now my digestive system is so used to your average meal of Taco Bell and KFC $5 fillup boxes that there is no reason whatsoever for explosive diarrhea to occur throughout the course of an average American bing-eating session, our national pasttime.

>Why doesn't everybody who enjoys alcohol shoot 95% proof Jamaican rum up his butt?

Holy fuck you're right user! How have I not thought of this already?

You could. Obama issued an executive order setting the DEA's budget to zero for any raids they conducted against legal marijuana operations. Any money they spent anyways would be deducted from the next year's budget.

Just like that, the DEA raids stopped.

All Trump would need to do is force the FDA to either remove cannabis from its drug schedule or knock it down to schedule 5.

At this point states would be free to regulate it either as they desired, in accordance with federal guidelines or according to federal law.

The federal government should pass guidelines for legal cannabis and keep states compliant by holding relevant funding over their heads. I live in Fresno County and the state lets them enforce whatever laws they want. They raid legal growers and shut down dispensaries at their whim. Our chief of police actually said that he wants officers that "don't agree with the idea that marijuana is legal as medicine or otherwise".

I don't know for sure why but I do know our deputy chief of police is awaiting trial on charges of trafficking marijuana, pills and heroin. I wonder if there's a connection?

>I live in Colorado
>he's going to win regardless
>I don't even like weed but when he wins I'll go buy some blunts just to piss hippies off
>checkmate

Trump shouldn't make it an issue until the primary until it becomes one.

Hillary's stance on it is fucking bullshit, she basically wants to keep putting off legalization until existing megacorporations can figure out a way to control the entire market.

I'm saying it depends way too much on the individual to make any blanket statements. Germany has one of the highest alcohol consumption rates per person per year on this planet; pretty much everybody drinks now and then. And it's a very addictive and dangerous drug, I assume nobody will deny this. Yet we have a rather low number number of actual alcoholics.

Point is, many people are able to take drugs recreationally without tumbling down into addiction. Many others can't. Any reasonable solution should take both groups into consideration, considering that prohibition doesn't work anyways.

Rand Paul is in favor of legalizing all drugs. So Trump should make him his running mate.

>Unlike Shillory, Trump stays true to his morals
He said in the 90s he wanted that shit legalized.
I can see him dropping that bomb during the Sanders debate, then row back like he did with the wall suggestion.

Really high here.

I don't think people really care anymore

MAGA
A
G
A

>weed, and over half of the country thinks it should be legal anyway. Thoughts?

Really that much?

>The south american and middle american states have failed in the war on drugs
>We must reduce the amount of illegal activity at our border
>Therefore we will decriminalize Marihuana for medicinal and trade us on a federal level
>The states can decide wether or not they want to allow local trade

he already did