Well guys I've decided I need to change my life...

well guys I've decided I need to change my life. I'm 22 I work as a cashier at a gas station I have no real skills and I still live at home with my parents. So tomorrow I'm going down to the army recruiting station and I'm going to try and enlist. Any advice for me?

Don't die

if you smoke weed and they ask, answer honestly, recruiters don't give a shit anymore

The karate lessons youll get are worth it

ive wanted to enlist in the army for quite some time now. its always been kind of a dream of mine to join the army and go to war and kill some sand niggers but i have to much to leave behind so i cant really join the army without losing everything

ideally I don't want to get a combat job but i mean not as many people die as you think so i mean i should be fine

i smoked weed a little in high school but i haven't smoked in 6 years

what can i say user, good luck.

i really don't have anyone or anything except my parents and a few close friends but nothing major

Why not go to college? If you do it though, don't go infantry. Get a easy admin job. And don't believe that "You can learn skills here that will translate into civilian life" bullshit. It doesn't. Even if it seems like it will, it won't. Your best course of action would be to finish your 4 year contract, then use your GI Bill money to go to college (for free, basically). Get a STEM degree, not a bullshit art degree, and then get a job that will translate into a 6 figure salary some day.

Enjoy dying in North Korea.

i say go enlist and kill some sand niggers for me OP.

And everyone who dies, dies by the same logic. If there is a one percent chance of you dying, that is still pretty high, considering it is your life on the line. I mean if I said "pick a number between 1 and 100, but if you pick the wrong number I shoot you." Would you do it?

yeah I'm pretty poor so I can't afford to do college now but hopefully yeah the whole gi bill works out. and no don't worry man i have no inclination doing any combat jobs

you're in a better situation than me OP
>degree in molec bio soma cum laude
>working as emt 12$/hr
>working as med scribe 10$/hr
>barley any time for hobbies

Also, don't let them bully you into accepting a job you do not want. And don't do a open contract. You'll get fucked over hard. Go in knowing exactly what job you want, and if you don't get it, walk away. They'll tell you that you can't - but you can. You can walk at any point, until you are actually in basic.

dude there is a huge chance you can die walking across the street tomorrow. are you just gonna sit in a padded room not moving at all.

Don't, if you want direction in your life from the military you're not really gonna get it. You should learn a trade instead or go to college for a non-useless degree.

Ya, don't worry about the smoking weed shit. Recruiters don't care. In basic they'll do a "moment of truth" thingy, and try to get you to confess. Don't say anything. They don't give a shit, and they prefer you not say anything.

Funny you say that. I was in same situation, but just broke up with crazy exgf. When feeling hopless, my bro asked to live with him across the country, did it. And 2 years later happy with a decent job. Still hopeless though.... good luck user Sup Forumsro!

Speaking from personal experience, the military did not give me direction in life. It actually fucked me in the head, a little bit. All I do is masturbate all the time (something I never did before joining). But they did pay for my college, and I got a Computer Science degree, and got a really great job that I enjoy, and that pays well.

Don't.

i don't know what else to do