What's your favorite part?

What's your favorite part?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNMGrkCNLVk
youtube.com/watch?v=CS_FCbQ-okM
youtu.be/fNLhxKpfCnA?t=78
youtu.be/1zzBOFjrF8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The movie (No irony here). Still wonder if anyone other than Bob Geldof were recognized one day.

When I deleted half the filler songs

youtube.com/watch?v=gNMGrkCNLVk

Makes me cry every fucking time

When this piece of shit finally ended and I didn't have to listen to it ever again.

what is this meme, there's only two filler tracks at most

VERAAA
VERAAAAAAAA
WHAT HAS BECOME OF YOU?

>filler

leaving just a
M E M O R Y

>AND I'VE GOT A STRANGE URGE TOO FLYY
>BUT I'VE GOT NOWHERE TO FLYYY TOOO
It makes me fucking bawl, extrmelly relatable

This, the album alone is really boring

THE SHOW MUST GO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

>BRIIIING THE BOOOOOOYS BACK HOOOOOOOME
>DONT LET THE CHILDREN ON THEIR OWN NO NOOOOO
>...
>HELLO
>IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE?

how the fuck do you expect me to pick?

If I had to i guess i'd say the mother solo? How the fuck do I choose?

OP here. I find it incredibly hard to choose. I love the build-up to ABITW pt.2, as well as pt. 3. I also love One Of My Turns, Young Lust and Run Like Hell. Goddamn.

>Run Like Hell
Fuck yeah, also don't forget about "Waiting For The Worms" and it being suddenly interrupted by "Stop"

The part that got dropped off the album to make room for some dumb shit. It was more hype than the comfortably numb solo when I saw it live.

All of those are fucking incredible

What about bring the boys back home?
What about the end of the trial with the pulsating motif from ABITW?
What the fuck did you intend to make people do by creating this thread? HOW THE FUCK DO WE CHOOSE?

>end of the trial with the pulsating motif from ABITW?
Everytime that motiff comes back I fucking lose it.

one of my turns man great song

>the coda of Bring The Boys Back Home leading into Comfortably Numb

for fucks sake OP I'm listening to Ziggy Stardust Live and was really enjoying it but now you've made me lose all interest because I wanna listen to this album again

FUCK I HAVENT EVEN GOT TO THE WIDTH OF A CIRCLE

I AM FEELING
COLD AS A RAZORBLADE
TIGHT AS A TOURNIQUET
DRY AS A FUNERAL DRUM

shit i wasted double trips on a mistake. i meant dont leave me now

Such a shame What Shall We Do Now? was dropped from the album, but I don't really know what you can cut from side 2 of the LP to fit it in.

>There is no pain you are receding
>A distant ship smoke on the horizon
>You are only coming through in waves
>Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

>When I was a child
>I caught a fleeting glimpse
>Out of the corner of my eye
>I turned to look but it was gone
>I cannot put my finger on it now
>The child is grown
>The dream is gone
>I have become comfortably numb.

Has anyone mentioned both of the "In the Flesh"s?

>aaaaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHHHH Is there anybody out there?
>Hello, is there anybody in there?
Perfection

everything from the first drum to the final clarinet

I would have dropped Young Lust which I believe is what they actually decided to trade What Shall We Do Now for. It's not a bad song but it really didn't fit the rest of the aesthetic of the album. I'm aware the point was to show off the character's party rockstar lifestyle they clearly aren't content with but it really could have been dropped. Special mention to Is There Anybody Out There? as it was played through the opening in the last remaining hole in the wall before a short intermission and Hey You started up without any of the musicians visible.

youtu.be/fNLhxKpfCnA?t=78

TELL ME, IS SOMETHING ELUDING YOU, SUNSHINE
IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED TO SEE?
IF YOU WANNA FIND OUT WHAT IS BEHIND THESE COLD EYES
YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO CLAW YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS DISGUISE

In The Flesh is such a god-tier opener, even more so live

Deleting the whole album

>I would have dropped Young Lust
I probably agree with this, it is probably my least favorite song from the album, very cheesy and I'd dare to say generic.

Waters did not care that much for the song, he even gave away the credit.

I guess it was necsarry for the story, even though I really believe "What Should We Do Now?" works much better.

Maybe trade the album version of Young Lust with a shortened version of the demo youtu.be/1zzBOFjrF8Q

Also yes Is There Anybody Out There? Is the definitive version of The Wall in my opinion.

is one of the most famous Floyd songs so its easy to ignore what the lyrics are saying, but when you pay attention to them they are fucking devastating.

It's pretty much depression the song.

Everyone just assumes it's a dude heroin lmao song when it isn't.

They actually did an improvised jam while the stage crew finished the wall in front of them called The Last Few Bricks before placing the final brick after Goodbye Cruel World.

You're right, Is There Anybody Out There happened immediately after hey you. I saw the concert like five years ago now and hazy is a pretty apt description of what I do remember.

don't say that to me please

People generally assume things about The Wall
These assumpions are but not limited to;
>It's "my daddy died album"
>It's overly political album
>It's whinning album
>It's Roger Waters justifying him being an asshole
I also recommend everyone to check out he pic related. It is fucking amazing, Roger does force in his political shit where it doesn't belong, but some tracks are amazing here.

It did come about from him realizing that he had been an asshole to that guy he spit on but yeah he definitely wasn't justifying any of that.

My daddy died literally was the no nonsense focus of a couple songs but it's just to provide some backdrop to make the character believable as a person. Anyone who thought it was politics missed the point as it flew over their head at sub orbital heights.

>It did come about from him realizing that he had been an asshole to that guy he spit on but yeah he definitely wasn't justifying any of that.
Exactly, the album actually makes it clear that Pink is the one to be blamed for his own pain, for his own isolation and people leaving him.

ABITWI->TWTHDOOL->ABITWII
Mother
The Empty Spaces transition into Young Lust

And that's just the first half.

Honestly, the only reason this album gets so much crap is from butthurt prog autists who can't stand the fact that a normie album that sent 5 singles to the top of the charts was also the best-conceptualized, best-executed, and best-sounding prog/concept album of all time.

that's the thing i like about The Wall: it isn't the typical ''i'm an asshole but im soooooo sad and my life has been sooo hard so just let me be'' its more like ''im a massive asshole and its my fault, i need to change that''

The Wall became a normie album only thanks to its singles.
Afar from that it is an album that demands you to sit and listen to it from beginning to end, for 2 hours.
This, and the message the last song gives out is incredibly wonderful.

its about isolationism as a defense mechanism

>All alone, or in twos
>The ones who really love you
>Walk up and down outside the wall
>Some hand in hand
>And some gathered together in bands
>The bleeding hearts and the artists
>Make their stand
>And when they've given you their all
>Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
>Banging your heart against some mad >bugger's wall

Did anyone watch the movie though?

I did, I presonally prefer the album, it leaves more to imagination, but the visuals that are present in the movie are impressive, full of creativity.

it's pretty good

One of the best moments for me is "Another Brick In The Wall PT3" to "Goodbye, Cruel World"
Amazing end to the first disc and the anger, the TV smashing is great.

Mellon Collie was the better double album.

I'm a horses ass.

There is only one double/concept album that rivals The Wall in my eyes

See The only people who non ironically hate the movie were just Waters and Parker.

Waters hated it? I remember him doing CD commetnatory on it, most of the time he was just shitting on the actor playing Pink

Dead Lovers' Sarabande (Face One)
Dead Lovers' Sarabande (Face Two)

get out you plebs

Waters seems to just piss on it because he was not allowed to play Pink.

To be fair I would've loved to see Roger play Pink

HELLO WORM YOUR HONOR

The low points of The Wall movie are "In The Flesh" because the vocals are not from Rogers from that.

while I do agree, I feel like the set design for that scene more than makes up for Geldof's vocals

Geldof did a good job tho

glad to see the wall finally get some love around here

He did, but his vocals are not really comparable to Roger Water's, but I guess that isn't too surpising.
This such a shame it wasn't in the album.

The Wall is really hated by shit-posters mostly who spout the same tired arguments as seen here

It's certainly a great album, but I feel that it is overshadowed by Meddle, DSotM, WYWH and Animals.

>Day after day, love turns grey
>Like the skin of a dying man
>And night after night, we pretend its all right
>But I have grown older and
>You have grown colder and
>Nothing is very much fun any more
>And I can feel one of my turns coming on
>I feel cold as a razor blade
>Tight as a tourniquet
>Dry as a funeral drum

AND THAT ONES JEWISH!! AND THAT ONES A COON!!!

ALL OF IT IT IS MY FAVE BAND! THERE'S SOME GOOD MUSIC ON THIS BOARD

Why don't u like the album

bumpraxil

Hey you to Comfortably numb, in fact is the only part of the album that I keep listening.

Alright, memes aside, how the fuck did Pink Floyd get away with lyrics like this in 1982

>Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
>Get them up against the wall
>There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me
>Get him up against the wall
>That one looks Jewish!
>And that one's a coon!
>Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
>There's one smoking a joint!
>And another with spots!
>If I had my way
>I'd have all of you shot!

Like what the hell, those lyrics seem to be totally ignored in a huge selling album, no mass outrage over Pink Floyd being massive racists... did people genuinely just buy the album and listen to the singles and ignore everything else?

People back then weren't retarded and knew what context was. Nowdays you get shit on if you say nigger instead of the n-word even in a non-racist context.

The live show in 2012

It's pretty clear that's the POV of a character in the story and not the band being racist for the hell of it. You'd have to be pretty stupid to be offended by it.

i hate threads where people recite lyrics to songs that everyone in the thread already probably knows.

TYPING LYRICS IN ALL CAPS HAHA LIKE IM IRONICALLY YELLING THEM doesn't make it funny either. cringefest imo

>tfw I feel like the 'concept' was a way for Waters to project hard and yet shield him from criticism.
>tfw I think the same for Lolita and Fight Club
am I retarded?

Fuark user I love that part toooo

Nobody Home/Vera/Bring the Boys Back Home leading into Comfortably Numb is the high point of the album imo.

I missed the Wall Live but hearing those last 3 songs to close out Roger's last tour brought tears to my eyes. Eddie Vedder even came out to play and sing Gilmour's parts on Numb.

When I heard that part on the movie and the live album I also thought that it was a shame that it was dropped, I would rather listen to that than Young lust (because I think young lust doesn't fit at all in the album, it's not a bad song)

Nah, it takes 5 seconds to realize that Waters enjoys playing the "ironic" Nazi role just a little TOO much.

$100 says he has Clapton-tier political views, but keeps his hidden in the closet a little better than poor Eric did. He probably hates Trump because he's not enough of a White Nationalist and is too in cahoots with Jewish influences, but has a convenient excuse to LARP as having the normie reasons for hating him because it gets him more money.

Hey You still gives me chills

Wow

fpbp

Yeah, it's really good, took me a while to totally digest it but watching it various times was worth it. Really comfy and at the same time intense.

That's what I love about Roger - he's superficially cynical, bitter, and angry all the time, but his songs always display a measure of idealism and belief in the inherent goodness of humanity. Animals is probably the most incendiary album he's ever written but Pigs on the Wing bookends it with a message of hope

I really like this too, beyond all the anger and bitterness he has, even to this day, there is hope that is still with him to this very day and that is what makes his records so special to me.

So Roger refuses to explain what this song is really about due to its personal nature.
You think it is about how they sort of gave up on Syd?

>You think it is about how they sort of gave up on Syd?
I think it has a lot of meanings and Syd could possibly be one of them.
But, I see it more as a message to people who may become people like Syd and also message to people who are dealing with people like Syd.
It is to realize that when you are dealing with someone who is mentally ill and refuses to get help, you can't do anything as long as they're behind their "walls", you shouldn't feel bad for leaving them for your own good, it's not your fault.
Then it also leaves message to the ones who are behind their walls, that there are people who really care and love them and that they shouldn't blame those who leave and instead understand why they did so. Yet, the song also seems to state it isn't far too late and that there is still time to break the walls and reconnect back with those whom love you.

That is at least how I personally intepreted it, maybe that is why Rogers didn't reveal the meaning, maybe he wanted everyone to get their own meaning at the end of this huge journey, as there is a lot to learn.

BUT IT WAS ONLY A FANTASY

THE WALL WAS TOO HIGH
AS YOU CAN SEE

I AM JUST A NEW BOY
A STRANGER IN THIS TOWN

this tbqhwyf

unironically this album is shit. comfortably numb is great though.