This is Jay Dilla's deathbed album, Donuts. Say something nice about it

This is Jay Dilla's deathbed album, Donuts. Say something nice about it.

rap is crap

overrated

>rap is crap
>not a single instance of rapping on the album
Hmmmmmm, so this is the power of rockism

good thing he dided so he wouldn't be able to make more trash

DUDE I KNOW HOW TO SAMPLE A BUNCH OF OLD SOUL SHIT

ONLY ONE CAN WIN
ONLY ONE CAN WIIIINNNNN
ooOOooOOOAH

10/10 aoty 2006

never read so many negative things about this album. sure it is no entroducing, but it is pretty amazing.

i don't care who sep

can you guys please delete this?

Holy shit stop comparing this to End Donuts beats were made for people to rap on while End is its own thing.
I'm not angry at you but I never got why people keep comparing both of them.

yeah but take it at the value that the consumer will take it for.

i'm no rapper.
it doesn't appeal to me because i'm doing nothing with those beats other than enjoying it as if it were an instrumental hip-hop record.
for that it can be considered similar, i think.

Brainlet

they're both seminal instrumental hiphop.

same reason people compare yeezus to death grips even though they're completely different, and same reason people compare TPAB to MBDTF even though they're completely different

I think it's pretty well rated, solid 8/10 for me

nah son. realizing why Donuts is on an entirely different level than Nujabes or special herbs is an important step for appreciating hiphop. the way Dilla warps a sample, slows it down for just long enough, inserts a metal riff out of nowhere, introduces a unintelligible chopped vocal (this was 2006 mind you), or implements complex drum patterns – it's some of the best plunderphonics since Paul's Boutique.

If anything, it's even MORE sonically eclectic than Endtroducing, and has more varied emotion as well. I rate Dilla, for sure

Only hip hop album i can tolerate

Never have I heard an album with better covers than the originals

he has so many post-humous releases it's unsettling.

Lmao you're such a fucking moron, how many times do you have to be dropped on your head to say stuff like this. Jesus christ.

>reeeee i don't like your opinion, the post.

t. an utter fucking retard
idc if you don't like hip hop but saying this is the ONLY hip hop album you can tolerate just tells us that you're 14 years old

i think im about to follow dilla to the grave from the cancer i got just reading this garbage dump of a thread

Wu Tang Clan: shit
Eminem: shit
2Pac and BIG: shit and shit
Death Grips: shit
Kendrick: meh

Literally the only hip hop album i liked as i've said.