Which Windows version is the best right now? 7, 8.1 or 10?

Which Windows version is the best right now? 7, 8.1 or 10?
Which one are you using and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

kubuntu.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use 8.1, I don't know if any of them are better anymore.

Gentoo

>filename
>LOGo

windows 7
i have to use 10 because my mobo doesnt support win7

windows 10 ALWAYS changes the settings and reverts them after a mandatory update

7 ultimate, i had a chance to switch to 10 but i kept 7 idk why

Linux

I don't mean Lindows, I mean just Linux

Free open source software, and freedom and control over software, plus it doesn't spy on you

Gentoo is neckbeard arch

Win 7 ultimate is gold, but it's getting old.

I think I'll stick to it flr 2 more years, because that's when updated end.

Win 10 spies on people, they didn't fully get rid of the annoying bars when you open start menu, you know the shit they introduced in win 8.
Btw, they also take away a lot of control from you.
Microsoft is starting to get cancerous.

Which linux?
Do you think it's worth it over windows 7?

7 ultimate 64 bit (providing, of course, that you have a 64 bit processor.

Oh, and fuck Linux, which is just win 98 with a new GUI

>/thread

kys nigger

prefer 7, 10 is nice but the privacy is fucked up and ther are so offen upgrades

Win7 is the best

Win8.1 is Win10 Beta Like Vista was Win7 Beta

And this is so true

Its because the upgrades are actually syncs of your private data with their database

So, what will be our next choice when updates for windows 7 end?

It depends on what you want to do with your computer. It also depends if it's worth it to you to learn something new. For some people it's necessary, for others it's worth it, some just really like it, but for others it's just a complete waste of time because they dont give a fuck about an interface, speed, potential, or paying money - they just want their email to work and surf facebook without learning anything. Ease of use, nothing else.

Maybe i'm getting old but i dont get why i need cortana on my pc. The AI are still shit. They cant do shit. They are dumb as fuck. Wait 20-30 years and AI will actually be intelligent and useful.

7 was the last version of Windows I liked.

8/8.1 were just retarded versions of 7.

10 is a less retarded version of 8 but still not as good as 7.

It seems like someone in microsoft has a weord fetish.

Get on my level bitches

I'm running 64-bit windows 8.0 on an x86 20 MHz processor with 15 sticks of 564MB ddr2 SDRAM in a desktop case liquid cooled by a Cheetos bag full of my own cum

W7 is the best right now and will be the last good os from Microsoft. XP was the best they have ever released.
Currently stuck with windows 10 for work but deal with 10,7 and xp and very occasionally 8.1
At home I use fedora, cringeworthy name but decent OS

Until then there is a new windows sure.

What were they thinking?
Why do we need those retarded blocks in oir start menu?
I feel disreslected by them just introducing something this retarded and not removing it in the next version (10).

Man, I remember playing the original Duke Nukem games and Commander Keen on a machine with 3.1.

Windows 10 is the best allround supported. and with a bunch of tweaks the most lightweight aside from 8.1.

i sticked to 7 for a long time, until we found out how to disable all the spyware shit and permanently remove the build-in apps.
works really well.

download classic shell, it turns that god awful start menu back into the old style.

Yes. I swear of windows7 updates run out and there is no new windows which actually doesnt look like its Made for people with down Syndrome i will Switch to iOS or linux although i hate Apple and Linux is fucking uncomfy to use

69 here
I started with Kali but that was hard so I've used Ubuntu, Mint and right now Ubuntu MATE

But it all comes down to what you wanna do

Yeah, but who knows what are they planning.
Are they actually ready to release a decent OS after 2 failiures?

Yeah. I don't understand why 10 is so fucking unstable. Why couldn't they have just modernized 7 a bit and called it 10? Instead, they "fixed" 8.1 and called that 10.

Use linux more

After a year of that shit I feel in love with it
and honestly you only really need a web browser

7 was, and is the best.
I orignally used windows 95, and upgraded all the way up through 98, XP and then 7 (skipped Vista, heard it was a peice of shit) and then i used it for a long time, it is the optimized version of the classic Windows still, while fuctioning and looking nice. I then got my Laptop (and actual one, not one of those garbage "tablet PCs", and it infuriated me with all the bullshit that was absolutly everywhere.

Sorry, the Laptop had 8 and now 10.

Install KUbuntu, newbie's friendly GNU/Linux distribution.
kubuntu.org/

I'll stick to 7 for now and after some time I'll start using a modified version of something else.

Ubuntu and it's flavors are decent in my opinion

Everyone likes to talk shit, but they learned on it

This.
Modernize 7 and make it look a bit cooler and there you go.
But no, microsoft had to do all the retarded shit.

They just had to ruin it.

7. They don't want you to have it.

I started off with Ubuntu and did like it, but once they started integrating amazon and all that bs into it I switched
I know it can be disabled/removed but decided on a change anyway

I'll experiment with multiple versions of linux to have a safety boat when win 7 dies. Hopefully by then microsoft will stop being retarded and release something good.

>ads in menu start
You cant effort vrtual machine?

It's a picture I found on google. I'm stil using 7.

10. Cuz it's free.

7, easily
10 because I upgraded before seeing what it was actually like. It's fucking trash and mostly bloat.

Linux

7. never had problems with it, I use windows 10 in work and holy fuck, the amount of crap I've had to put up with. It's updates rendered our Sage 50 accounts unusable, the automation for item tracking etc was fucked and rendered useless, even now we can;t use it properly.

That won't happen though. Every year the average computer user is stupider. Microsoft builds operating systems to accommodate stupid users. Their goal is for users to use it with almost no thought required. This makes a bloated, over complicated, constantly updating, data mining operating system with an over simplified gui with big bright pictograph buttons. Eventually, you won't even have to read anything.

No i already used linux for years and had to Install complexer things like oracle databases, svn and such shit because computer science student. One time my power went off while running system and i couldnt make the OS run anymore. After that i decided to use Windows and Install Things with a click instead having to write 15 commands

>download OS from piratebay
you like to mine BTC for russians?
Install Gentoo.

Eventually you can just look at your windows computer and it will get a virus.

delete or disable the store, its that simple. PCs have come with trashware since the dawn of time. I remember having to remove all the crapware that comes from the manufacturer. If you think Linux or any other OS won't require to put effort into customizing or setting it up to your standards, then I have bad news for you.

XP Professional, service pack 2 with iis.
But for gaming or video win 10 because of DirectX.

>XP
wannaCry didnt learn you anything?

If something is free then most of time you are the product which is sold

Then why the fuck did you respond?

XP technically uses the least amount of ram and for its time definitely was unbeatable. If they didn't stop updating it I would probably still be rocking XP as my OS.

I never directly connect my xp machine to the internet. Basically i use it for legacy java testing and a 1.7.10 personal minecraft server.

I'm even starting to get disappointed in android.

I like my OS to be rock solid, like windows 7 is.

I know you can make your android look however you want and modify it heavily on every single level, but that got boring to me.

Even minor updates can make some functions look completely different and piss me off

This.
Install XUbuntu.
Install pic rel

Ten, cause I got a free update. It's just tedious lol, rhey changed all the settings and such around. Just making it harder for people to use it. That said, it's alright.... I guess.

>rock solid
what doeas it mean in windows context?

>1.7 minecraft server
You mean beta, right?

Reliable, stable, no bullshit, simple look, updates don't fuck anything up, privacy, control...

Vista.

Its all about GNU/Linux

test

Cpm86

People still don't realise you can customise WIN10's interface to look like WIN7 without using any third party software. WIN10 is ok, it has improved over the last months

IMO linux isnt that stable. I already suceeded 2 times killing the OS although im no computer idiot. Never killed windows tho.

7 cause I couldn't find anything better (easier) than media center for watching broadcast TV.

And 10 gives me the shits.