Question for electrical engineer or similar

>Question for electrical engineer or similar

Consider pic. The armature experiences a torque due to Lorenz force BUT it generates a magnetic field because a current is flowing in it. Shouldn't this generated field interfere with the field generated by permanent magnets, also interfering with magnetic momentum and retroactive inducted fem once it has begun to rotate? Maybe it is significantly small?

I can't even comprehend what you're talking about.

Sorry kid we aren't doing your pre algebra homework for you

Fuck off Smart Ass

Thats what the brushes are for it cuts the connection so there is not an electrical field slowing down the armature

I mean I'm not even an electrician and this isnt like....that dense.

He wants to know if the magnets will fuck with this spinny dohickey and how much. Everything else is word salad.

i also wondered how the induced and generated field don't cancel each other out. fuckin uneducated retards in this thread tho smh

ask in a qtddtot thread on /sci/ or/diy/

Wasn't there an ICP song about this..?

I suppose the line in the middle of the armature should represent the "switch" so that the polarization of the armature changes by 180° every 180° in rotation.

If you're talking about back-emf (the rotating armature acting as a generator, fighting against the power supply), that does increase with speed until it cancels out the supply voltage, thus defining a finite top speed for this type of motor.

As for the field itself, it probably does get distorted somewhat, but the overall effect on the rotor is that same as in the simple explaination of the device.

You're talking about back emf. As for significantly small, it depends on the size of the motor and what you consider small.

Is it small relative to the output of the motor? Yeah, but it's there.

Is it small relative to other connected devices? Well.... It's why your lights dim momentarily when something big like the compressor in a refrigerator or the emitter in a microwave turns on.

Keep your dick in a vice.

Yeah my only answer is that it is not significant, like orders of magnitude weaker than the magnet fiel

I think you are asking about counter electromotive force. If so it's a thing.

I love very word of this post. I would love to have a beer with you user.

Why does no one understand this? This was literally secondary school shit in the UK

It's a perpetual motion/energy device but no this does not work.
The battery will not be charged enough through the magnetic field gen in any scenario or it would have been done already.
Parts wear out, capacitors fail and magnets lose their magnetic properties over time.

0/10

Perfect. I wrote fem instead of emf because language habit. I know about back emf. My doubt was about the field generated by the rotor ( that is in fact a short coil)

Miracles

The answer is it doesn't btw
Size and all that

Fields aren't really my speciality, so I couldn't say exactly how the rotor and permanent magnet field will deform each other. From an electrical perspective, the rotor does preset a significant inductance and stores energy in its magnetic field (it is a load of wire wrapped around an iron core after all). As far as I know, this is unaffected by the permanent magnetic field, unless the iron of the rotor is close to saturating.

Is it a motor, or a generator?
Regardless, your armature needs more windings, and some opposing magnets

>Generated field interferes with field generated by permanent magnets

Google Lenz's Law

>It generates a magnetic field which causes it to turn.

No it doesn't. The existing permanent magnetic field works with current to turn the armature. This is how every DC motor works.

This is high school physics, OP. Get your shit together.

physicist here. Yes, the field created by the wires will alter things. Looking at:

The field outside the loop of wire: the field generated by the wire will effect the fields inside the bar magnets rendering them less effective. This usually insignificant but under certain circumstances can be important (exotic circumstances like in superconducting systems).

The field inside the loop of wire: This the the more important consideration for a DC motor setup. A current in the loop of wire other then the one provided by the battery is INDUCED as described by Faraday's Law of Induction. This 'back current' is induced such that it resists the change in magnetic field going though the loop of wire (lookup Len's Law.. the real law is Faraday's Law. Len's Law is a consequence of Faraday's law and is a rule of thumb to help understand things). Note that Faraday's law says that the induced EMF is -dB/dt.. that it is the change in the B field piercing the coil that causing this 'back' EMF/current. That means as the the loop rotates, the amount of EMF/'back current' changes depending of the angle of rotation of the loop. It isn't constant. So the back EMF is also not constant. That's why driving motors precisely is actually a pain in the ass because you have to account for this back EMF/current.. one issue, for exampled, is that the 'back current' adds to the battery's current at some points in the loop's and subtracts during other angles. A precise motor controller must be able to account and compensate for these current changes.

>Keep your dick in a vice.

That's the Cockford Ollie!

Am I understanding this right?
The positive and negative charges change in a way that makes the motor rotate.
The dc currents are precisely controlled in order to minimize forces hindering forward rotation and maximize forces moving the thingy forward?

Rapist detected

Thanks