Whats so special about this? im not an american and i've never eaten a lot of american food...

whats so special about this? im not an american and i've never eaten a lot of american food, but all the time when i meet a friend from america they say that beef jerky is the best snack there is it true?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00KM3VQA8/ref=sr_1_14_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1511816846&sr=8-14&keywords=dehydrator&condition=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was your friend a redneck/hillbilly? If yes, that is why.

Beef jerky is my personal favorite, but it is really expensive.

Its like askin why people like burgers, when u have never eaten one...

Its just tasty

its good but kinda pricy

you can make it yourself.
just buy a dehydrator.
amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00KM3VQA8/ref=sr_1_14_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1511816846&sr=8-14&keywords=dehydrator&condition=new

Like the other anons have said, really good shit but god damn is it ever expensive.

I'm an American, born and raised in southern California, and I never eat that shit and I don't know anybody else that does.

Your friend sounds like the exception, but God forbid that you use your mind and recognize that you're generalizing like a bitch.

yawn
another turd trying to look like a diamond

I love jerky, but its not great unless it's homemade from a fresh kill (preferably venison jerky). The store bought stuff sits on the shelf for months before you get to eat it, and its usually stale as hell. The good stuff I would say is amazing, but the store bought stuff is mediocre at best.

That shit never works like advertised. There is a huge learning curve to those too.

You don't need to be a redneck, but it helps.

Everything is expensive.

Overall, the shit is overrated and primarily marketed to kids and manchildren as a sign of masculinity when it's just shitty dried meat soaked in brown sugar and teriyaki sauce.

Probably goin to try that

wow the biggest turd in the thread

sad. you seemed intelligent if only for a moment.

I thinked it would taste like bacon. When i opened the seal a taste like 1000 egg farts made me near vomit. I got my brother to try one of these by telling hin it tastes really good although it smells like an grandpa shit his pants. He took a little piece and fucking choked of the taste. I never tried it. You can trust me this shit is awful.

weak

>American
>born and raised in southern California

Both my spic detector and my libtard detector just exploded.

If it makes you strong you can eat my diarrhea too

My friend bought exactly that one and it works pretty well.
you can put all kinds of things in it meat, fish, fruits etc.
The best thing about it, is that you can spice it anyway you like.

Didn't mean to let any coherent points slip through there.

I'm not so good at shitposting.

ITT people eating meat which lays uncooled for months in room aka cadavre

I live in Ireland and i frequently get Beef jerky from the supermarket. It's a tasty filling snack. Not the best but it is quite nice.

as an american, no.

shit's disgusting

Itt: this retard doesn't know that most good beef is dry aged at room temp.

As a European, i had beef jerky in USA. Couldnt find one that has no sugar. Shit was sweet. Horrendous. Completely disappointed

European here that loves beef jerky, when it's good beef jerky, there are some pure shit out there.

Went to the US last year, a litte hyped to try the jerky. Bought at a gas station and was disappointed. Tasted meh.

I guess you have to pay good money for good jerky in US and EU alike.

rigth to the gutter
you kids are so funny

yawn

If it's made correctly, beef jerky is a mobile perfectly seasoned steak that you can eat whenever you like. Sure it's chewy because it's dried but that just means it lasts longer.

Seriously how could you not like steak you can walk around with and eat like a snack?

you need to look for the smaller companies that process it

Depends, did you snap into a slim jim?

I dont know about "best snack" but its definitely a favorite. Most of us are trying to lose weight and beef jerky is mostly protein. If its a choice between mostly protein, and mostly salted carbs in the form of potato chips, I'll choose the former.

It's not the beef jerky that they're all about it's the homemade venison jerky

Where the fuck are you from? Smoked meat was first preserved food in literally every part of the world. How the fuck would you not know what Jerky is?

It just needs to be salty. No sugar. No honey. No hickory smoked gimmick.

Salt. Pepper.

nah, its not.

Its pretty good if you know how to make it right

beef jerky aint got shit on biltong

>That shit never works like advertised. There is a huge learning curve to those too.

That's what I thought, too, but got one as a gift and it's, actually, really simple (though labor intensive).

Pork and fowl are a little more involved, but, for beef, you just trim the fat, cut into strips, salt and season as you like, then dehydrate for 6 to 9 hours, depending on how much you're making. It's really simple.

It's not really that good.

No, never

Biltong is better BTW...

there are small companies that do it right.

I know what jerky is, i just never eaten before

>Seriously how could you not like steak you can walk around with and eat like a snack?

That's really all that needs to be said.

Hier sit die manne! Yeah, fucking love biltong so much, even named my dog Biltong

And we feel the same about you.

/thread

Ive been raised in socal and ive had it multiple times, sounds like youre just a typical beaner

dried penis meat is the best you yuropoor acting like dried cured smoked meats arent fucking huge in yurop

No need to buy a dehydrator for making jerky, just put it in your oven and crack the door. A wooden spoon works great so you can keep the safety switch depressed and leave a crack. My family and I have been making it like this for 20+ years. Eye of round is the a great cut of meat for beef jerky. Just find a good marinade and you're good to go.

who let the anime dweeb post?

Yes, because it's the perfect food for going outdoors. Which is why the only people what hate it here in the US
Are fatass urbanites

Venison jerky is good too! Easy to make so price isn't an issue. It's more American tradition than anything. Pioneers would dry to meat to keep on long journeys. Sort of just stuck

That's why I asked where you're from. You say you're not american and you've never eaten american food, dried meat isn't american food. Its traditional food pretty much 90% of the world.
In central/eastern europe it comes in slabs that you cut yourself, in wester europe it comes packed like a sausage, both forms are known as Sudzuk.

Yeah, like you eat real biltong...
If you live close to the equator perhaps, if you're not, I'm pretty sure you haven't eaten biltong.

Pemmican perhaps.

you clearly aren't american.

Get out of California. Spice like you drive up prices and stink up the place. Spice and zipper heads are the worst. You have to go back.

Your a ducking idiot.

Beef jerky is only good if its from a butcher shop or home made fucking store bought shit is gross i refuse to eat that shit

>I never tried it.
>You can trust me this shit is awful.

Sounds like I fucking cant cause you didnt try it.

I leaved in Georgia for the past 20 years and have Jerky in my house 5/7 days of the week.
If you have an actual argument I'd love to hear it, otherwise, go fuck yourself you uneducated hick.

You could also just eat an salad fatfag

This gets most of it.

However some of us who grew up in rural areas really like old style jerky, which comes in long rectangular strips of meat cut straight from the cow/deer/etc, seasoned and dried.

hard as a rock, takes a few minutes to rehydrate and become chewable, then its a nice salty snack that lasts. (theres a joke in there somewhere)

it comes from long winters of hunting and neccesity of saving every part of the kill. Most people like real dried meat, they want that sweet jack links bullshit thats like eating pepperoni sticks.

so some americans have a long standing connection to.beer jerky. the rest are snack hungry fat fucks who say its ok cause its got mah protein

enjoy your bowel cancer, faggot

alright.

ok.

So you're the genuine article, a real honest to goodness inbred moron. Cool beans.

Not true. Venison jerky is much better (extra delicious if you killed, cleaned, and dried yourself).

I think fat people like every food that you can eat while going, retard

So if fatass don't like it, you don't sell much jerky in the US right?

I'm English, and for a long time there was only one kind of beef jerky I could get. It was amazing. Then suddenly it just vanished from the shelves and jerky was hard to get. Now, there's a bunch of different brands being sold, but not a single one tastes anywhere near as good and it's so frustrating

Don't take the advice of these newfags. They live at home with their parents. Move out and spend $20 on a food dehydrator, and jerky becomes cheap as fuck.

This man speaks the truth.

This is how everyone outside of Sup Forums stereotypes Sup Forums.

Elk, deer, bear, moose, turkey jerky is better

Shit even buffalo jerky is better.

From the pnw and can confirm that's one of Americas best snacks but beef is not the best. IMO.

>opinions

Fish jerky is better to be quite honest with you, my man.

i don't know if you have ever had salami. but imagine a thick chunk of dried salami. and that's pretty much it. it's just salty dried meat, not exactly unheard of especially if you live in Europe. you probably have jerky type things around you that just aren't called jerky

learning curve? you must be autistic. making jerky is probably the easiest thing to make. cleaning sucks, but inly an idiot would fuck it up.

That shit smelled more than anything i ever smelled in my life. You know smelling is more or less tasting?

nois meatflaps!

Well im from Hungary, we eat a lot of sausage here mostly made of pork, we dont eat dried meat that much especially not beef i was just wondering if beef jerky is any different.

born and raised in a pickup truck crossing the border? go back to mexico, you fake ass american.

I'm so sorry I offended your precious beef jerky sensibilities, you mong.

It's pretty fuckin' lit.

somebody ate some shitty ass gas station jerky. that is like buying a burrito there and saying burritos suck. wouldn't that upset your beaner ass?

Meanwhile you live under the bridge with your food dehydrator

Yep, beef jerky is the best lol

how does something spoil without having any water content?

Jerky is like anything you eat. Buy it at a gas station and it tastes like shit. Buy a nice piece of meat, slice it thin, marinate it in your favorite flavor, put in dehydrator before work, come home from work, and fucking delicious day for you.

Now see if you said that from the start I could tell you the comparison right away.
Its marinated in sauce rather than seasoned in salt/paprika. The texture has less grain to it than dried Kolbasa, making it a bit softer, the taste is quite a bit more rounded, so much so that it almost tastes sweet compared to dried kolbasa.

Then why'd you post a photo of roast beef?

Dried meat is not exclusive to America, its usage likely predates human language...

in hawaii everyone likes the dried tako and ahi too. not much for sea creatures

check ingredients and look at the jerky. if they add a bunch of moisture and it is perfectly shaped like a slim jim, then that shit is disgusting.

Weird, dry, shitty bacon.

Ex fucking zactly.

beef n cheese stick is better m9

Its basically sweet Téliszalámi but whole pieces of meat instead of ground meat.

hey, everybody. come look at the newfag that has never had homemade jerky. who wants to bet he is still a preteen?