European identity, yes or no?

European identity, yes or no?
What are your thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-European_identity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define the european identity.

stupid because I don't give a fuck about albanians or lithuanians

I can't even have Transylvanian identity without being called a bozgor/moldovan/oltenian/russian shill/whatever
Transylvanians have been cucked very hard by the eternal regățean, just because he speaks the same language

There was an european identity before Eu.
EU isn't about identity, it's about cooperation.

>Pan-European identity is the sense of personal identification with Europe, in a cultural, racial or political sense. The concept is discussed in the context of European integration, historically in connection with hypothetical proposals, but since the formation of the European Union (EU) in the 1990s increasingly with regards to the project of ever-increasing federalisation of the EU.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-European_identity

European identity was just "white man's burden" and died when humanism and acceptance of other races and cultures started.
There is no european identity beyond that, which is why the EU has such a hard time convincing the common man that its a good idea.
They should rebrand into reminding people that before the EU the continent had wars all the time, and that making each country depend on the rest is a good way to ensure peace, since war would tank all participants economies in months.

no

I didn't ask wikipedia, I asked you.

You can't make Europe into any meaningful identity without destroying what came before.
Europe was an auxiliary part of us, not our first identity

Cuckoldry
Degeneracy
Weakness

It wasn't about 'white mans burden' to my grandpa.

Yes please.

Make sure it includes new worlders too.

>European identity was just "white man's burden" and died when humanism and acceptance of other races and cultures started.
That's more of a North-Western European thing tbf

Yes
Good , It'll make Europe more great

Bulgaria was never part of european identity to begin with. The west saw it as oriental, and still did until the 80s at least.
Watch some old BBC documentary on Greece or Byzantium, I've seen a couple that have the presenter get there with a train ride through Bulgaria, and comment on how oriental or Persian the mood and aesthetics of life are.

Anglos aren't arbiter of what European is, they barely view themselves as such.

European first

Jewish second

Czech third

If you think that for the majority of our history we were more like the french or germans than we were like the turkish or armenians, you are deluded.

no

law and order, no chimping out, rights and responsibilities, freedom, safety, well being of humans

the list goes on
europe is civilization, edgy retards from pol will not change it, american bootlickers

If it includes anything beyond the EFTA/1995 EU borders, then no. just no.

gayropeans are fucking subhumans with no contributions to humanity, everything you got you stole from other non-europeans cultures
good european - is a gayropean with cutted head off

>ww1
>ww2
>colonialism
>belgium

>no chimping out
>freedom
>safety

orban pls

>European identity
no such thing

>18:32:49
>18:34:13
nice

Is here Slav identity?

In other news, Norway declares war on Switzerland because in the grim, dark Yurop outside the Eeyoo there is only war.

there are bigger meta-identities than european countries, but not as big as europe.

iberian= portugal+spain
scandinavian
german speaking countries
etc....

Ahmed, please shut up!

I like the idea but I like Europe as a country with states as region where you can travel freely but at the same time each state has it's culture.

With this guy in Élysée, what does the future of Europe hold?

Why aren't you proud of being European?

We are proud of being Americans

Its as much as a feeling as "western" or being "sinic" a rough categorisation.

This is the first time I see someone trying to convince people the EU ended colonialism and it did in a good way.
Retatded.

This. Scandinavian is a thing, West-Slavs are a thing, Iberia is a thing, European is not a thing.

No one in Germany feels a brotherly European bond with countries like Poland or Romania

:( but Germany-san, Claude Junckner says you should have European identity

>We are proud of being Americans
Americans in what sense? In the sense of living in the same country that birthed George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison? Or in the sense of sharing a continent with Canada and Argentina? Because -no offense to Canadians or Argentinians- I don't see why one would be proud of purely living on that continent.

of course not, we're proud of living on the USA American continent

I have an European identity, but it's only a really small part of my Dutch identity.

Europe is slavs, germans(scandinavia), romans and finns. Europe is a groupe it isn't entire country.

and? take a look at what others do with eachother, even today

the nazis was an exception but they still didnt behead russians

I fucking love Europeans and all that cultural diversity. UEFA Euros and Eurovisions are literlly the best mass events ever. Too bad that western Europe decided to flush their cultures into toilet with all those muslims/africans they invited.

>I have an European identity
Explain what this identity is then.
HARD MODE: Explain it in such a way that excludes the America's.

>western Europe decided to flush their cultures into toilet with all those muslims/africans they invited
And yet Poland is the greatest ass-licker of the US, the least white of all western nations.
But as long as the 56%ers protect Poland from evil Russia you can just ignore that I guess

literally just white identity anons have but deny it

I have an European nationality. Dutch society is build upon the foundation laid by other European countries. The language, the government system, the culture, the ideology. I have genetic ties with other Europeans.

And that identity ends where the barbarian hordes at the borders of Europe begin.

oh shut the fuck up seajew, you know why you cant post from your high horse that you are so fucking dutch?

because the spaniards and the germans and the english didnt eradicate your european ass, unlike they did with others

Why are you so angry? What I said is true. Your politicians are destroying your culture by inviting more and more migrants. Your people shouldn't allow that.

PARCE QUE C'EST NOTRE BROCHET

We have nothing in common, you bastard cloghead

t. same country as ours 500 years ago

And 1800 years ago.

We dont have white identity here funnily as the ethnic groups name already implies the shade of skin.
Only the french and english start to adapt it as they have so many immigrants, we may be soon but dont say "white" yet as it feels foreign and racist. Also some left and right fringewingers who watch too much american politics.

yes of course its great :)

In the Netherlands we do say white (blank).
But we mostly talk about non-western migrants vs us (while ignoring western migrants).
Or we talk about Moroccans (while ignoring all other migrants).

Hard no. We didn't shake off Habsburgs, Germs and Russians just to give it up for some gay ass union that doesn't even know what it is.

Don't be retarded. You had your own institutions just like the Crown of Castille, the Crown ofAragon or the italian territories had. We have different tradtions, work ethic, music, cuisine, language, religon, weather, etc. Sharing the same king for some decades is literally nothing.

You are literally the reason why Belgium exists.

>European identity

It's:
>muh homos
>muh muslims
>muh democracy (as long it means the elite in Brussels)

France is the culprit.

>All this whining about Belgium
>B-But a Belgium consisting of 50 countries will work gaiz!

in all those polls, Germans are usually one of the most "European"-identifying populations in Europe

Protestant Netherlands vs the catholic Netherlands and Belgium have been waging war about whether if it's patat or friet for hundreds of years now.

>bastard cloghead
why so hurtful

>before the EU the continent had wars all the time
B-B-But NATO!!!! B-B-But NUKES!!!1!
t. Anglo propaganda

>Europe was an auxiliary part of us, not our first identity

so you can't be two things equally? Well, all islanders are into consanguinity.

Europe is good. But it doesn't need an identy. It works without it. European or Own identity is not mutural.