What do you guys think about the JRE podcast? I'm 30 and I watch it almost religiously

What do you guys think about the JRE podcast? I'm 30 and I watch it almost religiously.
Do you love it? Do you hate it?
Let me know.
>Pic related, I'm watching it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WfbJWZkmy94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You drinking red bull too?

I don't like it because he and a lot of his guests often don't know what the fuck they're talking about but people believe what they say anyways.

Why do you say they don't know what their talking about

He's a softcore intellectual. An intellectual for the non-intellectual. The kind of person that posts motivational quotes on Facebook and then does the exact opposite of those quotes.

You obviously don't watch the podcast. It would be caveman coffee

because they dont.

Are you me? I'm the same 23 and have listened to damn near every single episode. Somebody post the greentext,

He's good man I mostly like his science guests but the comedians are generally good too.

I would agree Whit the softcore intellectual. But the motivational thing no

You must be such a high level intellectual. I bet you watch rick and morty

You haven't convinced me

My favorite ones are the ones with comedians, except Ari by himself

ok.

Examples?

Not saying that I agree with all of them but a lot of them are really interesting

Joe is just a dude and he does the normal dude approach with things. Its like how he tries to be PC because its on air but he really knows how BS it is. Also him ripping into Schaub is one of the best parts of the entire podcast.

Someone post some good ones for me to watch there are too many to really weed through.

what i love about Joe is he actually shuts the fuck up and listens to his guests, especially when he knows that they're smarter than he is

no, you have to watch the show. if someone is telling you "this complex issue started because this one thing" or "humans evolved to..." they dont know what theyre talking about.

Thanks, there's another one too

Ben Shapiro was one of my favorites. And the ones with Tom Segura are always great

It’s good but it really depends on the guests he’s had some real cringe guests

Neil Degrasse Tyson always seems to flub some shit cause he only knows SOME science and Joe knows none.

But with any scientist
He'll ask question without understanding what hes asking and then they give him a half of an answer because they know he doesnt know or would understand

Its like that mushroom guy he had on who was just going on and on about how this mushroom was like...smart and all and they frame it as real science not Pseudo Science.

From my perspective this is what he meant.

>ben shapiro is my favorite

Soooooo you don't believe in evolution?

He is pretty stupid, but I think he knows that. Sometimes its okay, and other times it is downright retarded and unlistenable.

I watched the Ben Shapiro (agreed it was great) one I'll try out Tom Segura.

Is that what he fuckin said? No what he said what "Humans evolved to do______" when that just isnt how evolution works.

no, It's just a signal the person is a quack, and they often actually are if you look into it.

Fair answer

that guy here. this. I should have put the "do" there where it was due.

Depends on the guest, just like Joe's opinion.

>a guy who makes arguments based on emotions
>entertaining, not very smart

I didnt realize that you hadnt lol I guess I just read it with it there.

>comprehension win

Hes not supposed to be all that smart honestly hes just a guy. A "comedian" at that.

When it has certain guests on it it is really entertaining. I'm more of a fan of The Crabfeast podcast though.

>when that just isnt how evolution works.
You don't jack shit about evolution

Agreed.

So just change the sentence to "humans evolved in this environment with these resources ..." And try to listen to what they mean, not what they say. You could be the ultimate present but don't let it stop you from learning something new.

>How's the weather up there on your high horse?

it's not people in general who say that, just people he has on his podcast, when they say something like that they often dont know what the fuck theyre talking about.

Kinda like you are now? Relax dude watch a documentary if you want perfectly worded shit

its cool when he has people that have controversial points however most of them are cunts, and Joe himself is a known panderer. all in all its worth the watch when he has valuable people on. sometimes they have obvious agendas though, which is expected.
like peterson, you get to see that he has dank ideas but also is a religious cuck who is no different then any actual person. also Joe shows that most people take memes wayyyy to seriously, which is a problem.

the graham hancock ones are my favorite. ancient civilization ones in general
check this shit out boys
youtu.be/WfbJWZkmy94

are you hijacking the thread, cause we are all dying to know what you think you know about evolution, its why we came here?

just watch for it, youll get what I mean. start looking into what his guests talk about.

I know exactly what you're on about I just care less.

nah, you dont.

Hahaha fuck

The man's a fucking meathead but he's a solid interviewer, so it's a relaxed environment for the guests to talk about what it is they do. The long form helps too, its not just soundbites and talking points.

i like the JRE. found out about it because of MMA.

however i could never sit and watch it, its way too long. ill sometimes alternate it with other podcasts if im walking my dog or driving somewhere or doing other shit where i can listen to something for a while

Joey Diaz funniest human ever

Joey Diaz is a beast

>cause he only knows SOME science
this literally describes every scientist alive today.

ndt is more of a science communicator anyway, hes not really an expert in any field.

This guys mad cause intelligent mushrooms took his job.

"softcore intellectual" so fuckin true

Reoccurring Dubs

What I know is evolution is a by product its not the actual process. The actual process is called adaption.

Explain. You caught my attention.

Yea but he always talks like he knows everything they are talking about.

you caught me

they said they needed someone who was more fun.

Also 30ish and LIVE off the JRE podcast. JRE is life.

YOU FUCKIN COAKSUCKA

evolution by natural selection is the process afaik

non-destructive testing

He's a stand up comedian. He's just got endless stories about doing coke and robbing people in NY/NJ in the 80s. He's got his own podcast and is on JRE all the time.

I think hes a softcore intellectual because he's humbled himself enough to realise he doesn't know enough to be as opinionated as he was when he was younger. Kinda reminds me of a guy who was a radical liberal when he was younger then kinda matures into a guy who realises he doesn't really know shit.

I'd love to see him have a 1v1 with Penn Jillette, the last time they "talked" Joe was retardedly trying to bash his opinion on him,

Randall Carlson is the man. I been watching his lectures for years before he aired on the jre. Graham Hancock is alright too

His latest Podcast with Dan Carlin was one of the best shows of any sort, ever.

well said

except for the "radical liberal" faggotry

yea it was. and inspirational too

Fuck yeah, Randall is my niggah, dude is so excited to go through his 500 slides and talk about erosion. Graham Hancock can be kind of a douche, as much as I like him, so the episodes with both of them strikes a nice balance.
Everytime Dan says "rubber meets the road" I shoot webs.

He's not a man of science. He's literally your average Joe (pun intended), but he makes for some great commentary and sparks interesting conversations.

From what I've listened to, he really isn't that knowledgeable on the topics he talks about, but he tries. Most of the time he ends up looking bad if you know more than the average person on what they're talking about. I've cringed at some of the things he's said because he "read an article," or "heard from a friend." These were on podcasts where I'm knowledgeable in and I was drawn to the JRE because of the guest. Like I said, I enjoyed the commentary but I don't consider him anything more than what he is: a talk show host

well i didn't mean to politicize my comment I just couldn't think of another example, kek.

Joe is a lovely guy and I'd LOVE to one day be on his show and be his friend, as for him being a beacon of truth and intelligence? Not really, but his heart is definitley in the right place.

i sometimes just say "the black science guy" when i cant remember his name, is this racist?

he is leftist, not just hardcore

Christopher Ryan is also one of my favs

He's a stand up comedian. why do people hold him to some high intellectual standard.

kys kiddo

so what if hes a leftist?

He's kinda like Rick and Morty in a way.. pretty cool and has some witty jokes, but shouldn't be regarded as anything more than entertainment.

is he stoned during these shows?

Whoa whow whow! Hey I didn't like what the guy had to say either , but lets leave rick and morty out of this.

You ain't kidding Randall is the most knowledgeable person I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. He doesn't for one second spew bullshit about anything unless he completely and fully educated about it.

Tom is fucking hilarious.

He needs to get the Trump on for a episode.

Randall and Graham COMPLETELY annihilated that Shermer faggot

i knew you Trumpers were faggots

Don't assume my gender. I'm a Frisbee.

No such thing as evolution. Only Allah.