What does Sup Forums think of BROCKHAMPTON?

i love how gay and progressive they are. so brave of them

>brave
in the current Drumpf timeline, yes it is!

Early Odd Future but way less edgy. So maybe Kevin will drop a good album 8 years from now.

Best out

I fell for the meme and I don't regret it

what's the fuzz about they being gay and progressive? never heard their music and won't do, just give a quick rundown pls

We don't.

Good

they make alright music. impressive for teens who've only heard ~50 rap albums. one of the members only raps abotu being gay and how hard of a life he had because his parents weren't accepting of his sexual preferences.

Literally Animal Collective for blacks.

brock hampton is for love and saturation III is going to be LIT

I mean, they did have queer as one of their song titles, so fine, you get a pass.

Dude Kevin only raps about being gay in 2 songs. They have more than 30 songs. You are a fucking moron.

gay

Drumpf XD cheeto orange mutha fucker racist sexist misogynistic xenophonic GRRR RAWWRR!!!!!!!!!!! DRUMPF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL HIM 45 DONT USE HIS NAME HE AINT PREZZIE HE LOST LOL RUSSIA

they're good but they got popular fast and everyone likes them so Sup Forums hates them now

One of the most overrated groups I can think of in recent memory. All of their music just seems so superficial- they want people to believe their music is filled with energy, but I feel nothing when I'm listening to them. Everything they do is empty and shallow, like they stood in the studio meticulously arranging parts with the sole goal of making it sound "happy". But the result isn't happy at all- it's generic and, worst of all, it's grating. It's not hype, it's not exciting, and it's far from fun. It is soulless. It is dead. They're continuously praised for their supposed "experimental" and "risk-taking" nature when in reality they're doing the same old shit as everyone. They can go fuck themselves, as far as I'm concerned. And a part of me thinks they would willingly do that.

r/cringe

I don't know Brockhampton

You should

OFWGKTA for whypipo that think Tyler, the Creator is too spicy.

OFWGKTA for SWPLs that can only tolerate hip-hop once it has been white-washed, re-appropriated by white liberals and gay white-presenting blacks, as well as put through the political-correctness grinder (or should I say Grindr).

Saturation II doesn't provide much consistency thematically, nor does it offer much progression in its production and song structure. Most songs are disparate bars often held together (barely) by a hook against ear-grating instrumentals. These instrumentals have an annoying sonic palette that offers little variation, looping repeatedly and quickly becoming exhausted.

The production tries to direct focus towards the lyricism on this record which is technically good and will impress your puritanical old-heads and geeky rap autists. The content of the lyrics however are often naive and cringe-worthy.

The ideas, thoughts, memes and perspectives laid out on this record, particularly LGBT issues may be relatively new for hip-hop. However they are still the same stale, boring and tired ideas that have dominated the status quo of popular culture for much of the decade. These ideas find themselves constantly spouted by blogs and parroted by Reddit nu-males. I'm honestly surprised that SWPLs still have not become fatigued by these narratives that are pervasive in the media that they consume.

When I want to listen to gay hip-hop on I'm just going to stick to Young Thug tbqh senpai.

>nor does it offer much progression in its production and song structure.
it's hiphop
>the lyricism on this record which is technically good and will impress your puritanical old-heads and geeky rap autists
you just confirmed that you didn't even listen to the album, there is no technically skilled rapping on this album
>little variation, looping repeatedly and quickly becoming exhausted.
it's hiphop
>ear-grating instrumentals
haha dude it's pop rap. you're a fucking pleb
>I'm just going to stick to Young Thug tbqh
ah yes, something pitchfork approved. that's more your speed

I really like them. Every member is pretty decent at rapping. They have more talent in general than Odd Future although Tyler, Frank, and Earl are more talented than any Brockhampton member and were even when they were in Odd Future

>Gives legitimate complaints against the quality of the album
>"it's hiphop"
Not him, but not all hip-hop albums are like that. And let's be real- the instrumentals are pretty obnoxious.

they really aren't legitimate criticisms, let me try to fairly boil his points down and take out the buzzwords:

1. it's gay
2. it is repetitive and does not have a progression (this is 95% of hiphop)
3. calls the lyrics technically impressive, which they really aren't?
4. says the album is thematically inconsistent, and then implies that it's filled with all these 'nu-male' ideas? additionally, there is maybe one or two throwaway lines on the entire project about gayness
5. the production is annoying

nothing of substance to talk about, it's like he didn't even listen to the album

kevin's the only one with potential to be great, but he can be REALLY great.

Ameer Vann also a dope rapper and a good rapping voice. everyone else is along for the ride

I loved Saturation 1&2

u mad bro?

Industry plants

good, although overhyped. Sup Forums jumped on it after fantano gave the first album a 9, while in reality it's more like a 6. second is more consistent and slightly better

Black and Gay One Direction