Bjork just gave an interview in which she said she can't play any instrument although she did study flute as a kid...

Bjork just gave an interview in which she said she can't play any instrument although she did study flute as a kid. How can you claim to be a music lover and not even bother learning how to play an instrument? She said she wasn't interested in that, almost like she's above it. Well, wouldn't you want that as a composer? Doesn't make sense to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-cLNGEuago
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another proof that Bjork is a dork

looks like the grimes kiddies are getting desperate

go jack off to a kpop thread

She plays keyboards and does most of her writing on the keyboard

Go to bed bro

Well maybe you should listen to the interview she gave this afternoon

She was like: "I'm quite rubbish, I can't even play the piano. I write on it by striking some chords." Gross!

I'll check it out

Well, she's already had a successful career in music without technical ability in a physical instrument. The mentality that music isn't music if it wasn't made on a physical instrument is pretty flawed, but that isn't to say that instruments are obsolete either.

Would you sit James Joyce down with a grammar book and tell him his writing isn't always technically correct? If you've already reached the end, the proper means aren't necessarily essential. There's lots of ways to make and enjoy music.

She's a vocalist who produces music on computers or has musical accompaniment with session musicians. Being proficient in playing an instrument is of no value to her repertoire, as is the case with many producers.

>Defending lazy behavior

At least Grimes learned an instrument

t. nerd who learnt how to play an instrument but can't write for shit

Her instrument is her vocal cords, and she can use them excellently.

she likely has nothing to prove at this point

She did the arregments in some of her albums.

and yet plenty of accomplished instrumentalists can't compose anything worthwhile, so they stick to covering jazz standards and popular classical music.

What's weird to me is that she has a talent for composition/vocals without actually knowing how to play an instrument. It would be like only studying music theory without actually playing the instruments

kek!!

And somehow shes far worse than bjork

Knowing how to plau flute makes you a fucking composer

Gib proofs nerd

the voice is an instrument ya dunce

?????
youtube.com/watch?v=J-cLNGEuago

someone post the best bjork songs, i tried looking through her old band's catalog, but the male singer was too annoying

Motorcrash
Birthday
Regina
Hit
Walkabout
Human Behaviour
Venus as a Boy
Big Time Sensuality (The Fluke Minimix)
Army of Me
Hyperballad
Isobel
Hunger
Jóga
Bachelorette
All Is Full of Love
I've Seen It All
Hidden Place
Pagan Poetry
Unison
Who Is It
Wanderlust
Crystalline
Mutual Core
Stonemilker

According to RYM ratings

I don't think heads in this thread understand separation of duties ITT. Instrumentalists aren't composers (though they do often compose), and composers aren't required to be virtuosic instrumentalists. Really it's a "stay in your lane" deal. Composers hear a piece as a whole, but most often don't handle individual dynamic at each beat, for each voice in an arrangement. Meanwhile, instrumentalists won't generally make decisions about the score as a whole, but rather fine tune *their* respective part to benefit the whole.

TL;DR: intstrumentalists have to be good at their instrument to play what's in front of them. Composers spend less time on one instrument and focus on getting gud on the writing and arranging end.

I like Medulla and Homogenic the best but I haven't listened to all of her material. The first album annoyed the hell out of me.

> I write on it by striking some chords.

She's really just mashing on it in that video. It's not chaos but it's nowhere near good.

>Human voice
>Not an instrument of the most subtle and luminous beauty