Worst championship team

Across the major sports, what is the worst team to have won a major championship?

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

2007 new york giants, still makes me want to puke my guts out

>implying that defense wasn't top tier

2002 Angels

oh fuck off will you

>not even American
>caring about football

american football is literally my life

This
The Baltimore ravens in 2012 against the niners
Giants in 2012 and 2014
Neither the pistons and spurs should have been in the NBA finals in 2005 or whatever year that was

2005 was weak overall

2016 Leicester City, surely. Not taking anything way from them, but there were 5 title contenders P(Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) and literally every single one of them collapsed, all in one season. Then the media scrambled for a "title race" and pretended that Spurs were ever a part of it.

In America, I'd also say the 2012 Ravens. What an underwhelming SB.

Thats the kind of passion I like to see. Fuck that other guy

I still don't think any of them match up with the Cardinals. None of them really should have won or even really made it to the championship, but they at least belonged in the playoffs. The 06 Cardinals didn't even deserve that much, they only got in because their division was almost historically bad. They had the 13th-best record in a sport where only 8 teams made the playoffs at the time, only won 83 games, and would have finished either 3rd or 4th in any of the other five divisions in baseball.

2005 White Sox

>you are now reminded that they actually won a world series in the last 200 years

Not even the worst giants super bowl winning team

>implying
They led their division wire-to-wire, and only lost 1 game during the playoffs.

literally tied for the most dominant baseball postseason performance ever

Saint Louis cardinals

>you are now reminded that the Colorado Rockies and Tampa Bay Rays made it to the World Series in 2007 and 2008, respectively

that rays team was stacked

2006 carolina hurricanes
not that their playoff run wasnt surprisingly exciting

just cam ward (rookie), eric staal, and a bunch of veterans way past their prime

>lost to the Phillies

That team was fantastic and had to beat four GREAT teams and 3 top tier goalies in the playoffs to win the cup. They were lead by a coach who had just won the AHL Championship a few years prior and a fantastic cast of working-class veterans.

Great team with a great story.

That's Bill Belichick you're talking to you fag

completely forgot that one

>hating on the 03-05 Pistons
neck yourself faggot

what was particularly wrong with the 2004 sox?

as for weak teams - 2011 NY giants (9-7 record) come to mind.

Can teams that make it but don't win count?

Because the 2014 rangers and the 2006 Oilers were certainly meme teams

And they swept the fucking astros. And they win that series because meme magic

They beat the Canadians who beat them at home for the first two games, then came back to BTFO them. And I think they beat New Jersey, and then buffalo in 7 to make the finals.

That hurricanes team had some good players but it sucked ass

2012 Giants team was great, kys