Manual stick driving is easy for euros but how about mericans?

manual stick driving is easy for euros but how about mericans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9VVEkIbcE
news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/05/man-abandons-stolen-stick-shift-after-he-couldnt-drive-up-hill-police-say/632673001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most of them can't. Autofags.

Easy for me but yeah, most amerifag can't

LMAO wtf r u guys talking about u just turn the key and the car turns on retards

Americans invented the car retard.

No you didn't...

Ebin troll m8 :^)

These kinds of manual drivers make us all look like fags
>Hurr Durr I can drive stick I'm soooo superior
We're not all like this Sup Forumsros I promise

who the fuck do you think thomas edison was then? fuking idiot.

He invented tesla coils fucktard

Depends on the mericans. Souths and centrals are bretty gud. Fuck Norths except mex and can.

Well, found the autofag! Offended before anyone has even said anything bad about automatics.

kek, what a dumb cunt.

faggots he invented the elecrtic and then the mobile so wtf do u know

I learned to drive manual transmission and my first car was manual transmission.
They were pretty fun and have some advantages, especially in a climate prone to snow and slippery conditions.
That being said, it's not like you deserve a medal for being able to drive stick. Your dad should be able to show you how to do it in an afternoon.

>Heavily imply I drive manual
>Retard still claims I'm an autofag
Dude we get it you think your 5 speed Toyota previa is a race car

we're too advanced for that shit. europoors are stuck in the 80s.

easy fat americans can´t drive stick ...because of the fat trippel ultra burger with cheese in their right hand

Eurofag here.
Always manual and big fan until 5 years ago.
Then Tiptronic.
Everything else is irrelevant or useless.

U SAYIN WERE STUPID OR SOMETHIN U FUKIN COMMIE? GOD DAMN LIBTARDED BRAINPEE MORON, I GO FUK URSELF LOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Murifat here.

When I first started learning how to drive a stick, it was quite difficult at first, getting used to pushing down the clutch pedal slowly while gently pressing on the gas pedal for proper take-off.

But after a few days worth of practicing, becomes ez pz. Still prefer manual than an automatic anyday.

This. Dual clutch autos and well built tiptronics shift much faster than full maunals

Releasing the clutch pedal slowly while pressing down the gas pedal to perform proper take off.

>sorry, i have autism.

No.151254395

Still got your panties in a bunch for nothing. That's retarded, m8.

OP here. I drive a stick in the US. Feels rare, but I do it for the gas mileage and its more fun. People who drive are 90% pricks except manual stick drivers.

>fatal

I have no idea how to drive an automatic

Touche

Manual > automatic

Like any basic skill it's easy, you just have to learn how to do it. Get over yourself.

Why would anyone buy a car that can't do it's own gear business? I got a flawless 2016 Toyota Camry it's fully automatic and does all the leg work for you.

Using a manual transmission should be as easy for normal people as walking about. But amerifats take shortcuts wherever possible regardless of how retarded it makes them appear. I doubt that at of them even know what a gearbox is, let alone how it functions as part of a vehicle.

Sigh...most everyone I know can operate a manual transmission. Why is this even a question, fagstick?

Most cars where I live are manual, so I have never learnt to drive an automatic. I don't really have an opinion in the manual vs auto debate, just know that manual is plenty easy enough and I feel comfortable with it

And this picture of an impact test is related how?

My first five or six cars were stick - a Nissan truck, a Subaru, another Nissan, and so on, and I learned on my mom's 240D. But you just don't see manual transmissions on the market much now, plus, the wife doesn't drive stick, so that limits what we can buy if we want to be able to swap cars for anything.

First car was automatic. Boring. Now both of my cars are stick and I have two motorcycles too. No point in driving automatic whatsoever. Takes too much away from the driving experience.

>grrrr.... fuck technology that makes stuff easier....... if u dont regress technology ur a FAGGIT!

What's that car in your pic op?

>toyota

I'm an American and I can drive stick but the roads are so congested I'd be doing nothing but shifting all day. If I lived in a rural area I would drive stick for fun, it becomes a nightmare in the suburbs/city

I live in the NE of the US where there are many hills and its made me hate automatics with a passion.

"wanna go faster up this hill, too fucking bad because if you try I'm gonna shift ya and then when you lose power I', gonna down shift ya"

The feeling of arguing with my car about whether or not to shift is fucking infuriating.

I dont fucking know. found it on /o/ a week ago

It doesnt make it that much easier unless you are in a city.

Same, but I just deal with it. My daily driving is stop and go even on highways cause fuckers get into accidents everyday. The area is flat as fuck, but there are hills, but its usually only one stop before you move on.

>damage control
AUTOFAG

Can someone tell me what the letters and numbers are for?

P - Park, so I guess that is like the handbreak?
R - Reverse I assume
N - Neutral
D - Drive

But 2 and L? Can't think what those would be for

I mean where I live I can drive around for hours without running into traffic.

Maybe if I had to drive in a city I'd learn to appreciate it shifting whenever.

2 is second gear and L is low gear.

Low/first

Could you explain that? I thought it was just 1 thing, as in Drive and it just changes as you accelerate or decelerate

2 and 1 gear

Fucking true, and if you want phun just click to the left and bam, sequential gear

It's triptronic gearbox,I think all automatics have them, you can change it into first or second gear yourself if you want, you just don't use a clutch seems sorta redundant tbh

>how about muricans
Its easy as fuck. Prefer stick to auto any day.

Triptronic control* my bad

Or paddles, my friends Camaro has paddles. Sport mode with automatic downshifts is great for when you meet a ricer who tries to start shit with you on a highway

It's an Alfa Romeo delfino 1983.

Was taught on stick because family friend gave me shitty ass VW from the 90s as first car.

Ever since I bought my own car I wouldn't even dream of going back. Only thing I do that is remotely close is using tiptronic to upshift earlier when I'm low on gas. No idea if it works.

Live in a crowded ass state with lots of traffic. The most you ever get to do is 85mph in left lane before you come up behind some piece of shit driving 10mph under the speed limit. Don't really see the speed benefits of using manual.

P=parking
R=retro
N=neutral
D=drive
4=4th gear, means "no gears higher than 4"
3... Same like before
2... Same like before
1 or L for low gear

Never switch from R to D while car is moving, and vice-versa . Always use 4,3,2,1 when downhill. Always switch to N when you stop and stay for a while.
Those 3 rules are all you have to do, fuck manual stick

What is stick driving?

I bought my Mx-5 and learned on the way home. It’s super easy

during stop and go traffic (like rush hour) auto is the way to go. fuck those silly clutches.

>Don't really see the speed benefits of using manual.
No but there are dead battery benefits. Mine died a week or so ago, and I was able to drive to Napa to get a new one , because I started my truck by popping the clutch.

>What is stick driving?
You sit on a stick, and drive it up your ass.

are people really stupid enough to get butthurt over how to shift gears?
this is a new level of autism

>manual stick driving is easy for euros but how about mericans?
Its actually considered a theft deterrent here no fucking joke. I read an article once about some niggers who tried to steal a corvette but couldn't because they couldn't drive stick. Read multiple other stories of similar scenarios.

are people really stupid enough to get butthurt over a thread about how to shift gears? this is a new level of autism

>butthurt over a thread about how to shift gears
It's usually the brits trying to get amers goat.

Fucking kek
news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/05/man-abandons-stolen-stick-shift-after-he-couldnt-drive-up-hill-police-say/632673001/

Brits and Amers seem to be the saltiest motherfuckers in the world

check your facts, it was karl benz.
does that sound like a american name?

how can they know to operate something they have never even seen? go lie elsewhere, fag

>sigh.
Delete yourself user.

Nigger proof

Dumbass. It was in Germany from Mercedes.

Don't feel bad though.

Compare a map in the US with the roads, they are straight as can be.

Look at any European map, the roads are squiggly and every city is a circle with a maze of roads.

In the US it makes sense to drive automatic because you just start the car and go from intersection to intersection. Straight all the way.

In Europe, you start the car and woa corners everywhere and hills and what have you.

how has no one noticed this get thread

I live in San Francisco while I’m going to sfsu. Made sure I brought an automatic up here, try drive manual here once it’s so annoying

Who is Karl benz..

Our of all the cars, a Camry? A car meant for soccer moms and Indian grandparents? You’re a pussy

You fucking idiot Elon Musk invented the car, he's from Swaziland

we have some pathetic roads in england. lots of 2-way country lanes only big enough for 1 car with a 70mph speed limit and a bend every 50 feet

whoever designed the roads in the US wasnt as retarded, though england and european countries are a lot older so i imagine our roads are so fucked because they were just built around houses and shit for horses and carts and just tried to adapt it to cars and actual roads

/thread

Yea, exactly.

Every "town" or "city" was walled. So you had roads going around. Roads "within the walls" were just.. well a maze while the roads "from town to town" were whatever road farmers used to use or where people would hike.

It's historical. While in the US they just "started over from scratch". As I've been told to be able to "see the ships arrive through the streets".

I don't know what's better though, one has a history laden thing and it has character. THe other is very straight and "impersonal" but practical i guess. I would go mad with all the traffic lights and intersections though.

amerifag here
i've been driving a standard since 1995. my current truck is auto because a manual trans isn't as widely available any longer. :/

I know that feel here's a road in Ireland

canadian here learned on stick, love stick drive a shit car but i love it because stick.

EU roads are a lot of fun, though yeah seemingly the further north you go the shittier they get

those fucking city centers in old central european villages are hilarious though, you cant see shit through that little tunnel, 50kmh and only one side has right of way. how there arent more accidents is beyond me

but fuck our roads. perfectly straight and wide but cancer speed limits everywhere

i'm an american and prefer manual. only took like 2 days to get past the stalling/grinding phase.

once in a while they are, and that's even worse. been driving for 15 years, never encountered a 1 lane situation. then run into this bridge that was 1 lane for both directions on a road with only 100' or so visibility on the other side and a 40mph speed limit, had to slam on breaks because of an oncoming car.

driving a manual trans in heavy traffic back and forth to work isn't an option.

Manual is easy if you learn it. Like anything else. Just most of us Americans can afford cars made after the 70s