What will happen to this site when this scumfuck gets what he wants? Is the internet as we know it over...

What will happen to this site when this scumfuck gets what he wants? Is the internet as we know it over? What shall we do?

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-people-call-resignation-fcc-chairman-ajit-varadaraj-pai
encyclopedia.com/history/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/removal-executive-power
qz.com/1138697/net-neutrality-a-spambot-made-over-a-million-anti-net-neutrality-comments-to-the-fcc/
blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2014/11/24/alternative-internets-what-are-they-and-do-they-have-a-future/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Assassinate him

This site existed from 2003 to 2015.

Leave his family alone

All it takes is for ISPs to get pissy at us and throttle the service, they have full control. and you and I can't do anything about it if they ever decide to crush us on here

Sign as many petitions as you can. Call congress and tell them not to do it. The more calls they get, the better.

Congress so far has gotten over 700,000 calls regarding net nuetrality. We still have 3 weeks to do something about it. You people better get on it so we can make a change. I'm gonna miss you faggots if this place is gone forever.

That was always true.

Not comfortable with them holding all the cards

The petition for him to resign is almost to 100K

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-people-call-resignation-fcc-chairman-ajit-varadaraj-pai

Lets pump this thing over the limit...

Can I ask why you're contacting Congress? I am genuinely curious. The 'net neutrality' rule being rescinded is not a law but an administrative ruling from the executive branch. That branch can change the rule back without consulting the legislature. So what is the point of contacting Congress?

this is the actual white house petition. It's the only one that matters.

But calls to congress matter too, probably more.

They held them all from 2003-2015. Did they shut down Sup Forums?

Congress can make it a law. They also have the president's ear.

Why would you ask the White House to replace the man Trump put in with another person who thinks the same?

It's true to an extent. They currently can only do a few things with net neutrality laws still in place. They're only doing what is still legal without breaking net neutrality laws. Without those laws, it'll be much worse and they will have full control to do absolutely whatever.

They're scumfuck slimeballs who try to find loopholes, but that doesn't mean it won't be any different if this law is taken away. It will get worse.

NN has only been around for 2 years... The internet will just go back to the way it was in 2015 stop getting so worked up

I guess you haven't been watching or reading the news if you think the Congress sways Trump.
But you're right, they could pass a law. You would just need the GOP House and GOP Senate to pass a law crafted by someone like Elizabeth Warren.
It seems to me that Dems might have passed a law when they had a president who would sign it.

Ajit Pai is a presidential appointee, therefor only congress has the power to fire him

It's called checks and balances you fucking uneducated pleb. KYS.

encyclopedia.com/history/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/removal-executive-power

Not Sup Forums, but they took full advantage of the lack of laws against them. They abused the system pretty often.

>What will happen to this site when this scumfuck gets what he wants

N O T H I N G
O
T
H
I
N
G

Everything trump has tried to pass has been denied by congress. Guess you havn't been reading the news.

I don't think anyone here at least is getting worked up. Its just I take issue with people saying "oh it never happened to sites I liked before NN. So Im not worried about it". It can easily happen here and it bothers me some people just don't seem even remotely concerned about it.

You keep mentioning laws. There are no net neutrality laws.
Also, do you know who stopped ISPs from throttling when they tried it before? The FTC. And the current FCC head says explicitly that the FTC would still have that power.
Will they use it, though? Not under Trump.
I think your best bet is a liberal judge who says that somehow it's unconstitutional for Trump to return administrative rules to 2015.

But they HAVE throttled before. They have been fucking around for years with this.

Bet you niggas regret voting for Trump now, huh? That motherfucker hates the freedom that the internet grants to people. He's publicly said that we should not have as much freedom on the internet like we do now.

Which is ironic coming from him, considering that spazoid has mental breakdowns on twitter literally every fucking day.

everyone is concerned about it except the bots, and the zombie humanoids that believe bots are real.

IPS's have already been called out for using bots to try and sway public opinion on NN, and the FCC has tried to cover it up, cause they're all in bed together.

qz.com/1138697/net-neutrality-a-spambot-made-over-a-million-anti-net-neutrality-comments-to-the-fcc/

You seem to think Trump will appoint Elizabeth Warren to run the FCC. I wouldn't call names. You haven't though this through. Your hopes ride on a GOP Congress sacking the head of an administration for being too pro-business. I mean, who's the retard here?

>What shall we do?
You'll pay a lot more money for your internet
Have you been gouged for the last 30 years by your credit card company, your school loans,your landlord, your mortgage financer, your electric company, your cable company, your phone company, your grocery store, your employer?

Well now your ISP gets to gouge you too.

Fool.

Nothing

Not really. And when they tried, the FTC (not the FCC) slapped them.

quit being a cunt about semantics. you know what he means.

I have been. That's why I am under no illusion that the GOP Congress, with President Trump, will give you an Elizabeth Warren style bill.

Its really not fair to ISPs they've been left out of the feeding frenzy on the wealth of the American middle class for the past 30 years. Its only right that they get to take their piece now.

My post acknowledged that.

It wasn't an executive order.
And it's not a law.

of course they don't regret it. in their mind he's still done nothing wrong, in their mind NN is a liberal globalist communist fascist muslim atheist NWO pizzagate conspiracy and trump is a hero for getting rid of it.

You're not just dealing with idiots here, you're dealing with delusional paranoid idiots.

Slapped them with what? A fine?

That’s sad. The one to declare ANTIFA a terrorist org had 450k signatures in about 4 days.

Yeah I miss read that

They made a lot of money, of course, and they gave twice as much to Dems in 2016 as they gave to the GOP.

Wrong. You watch too much CNN.

GOP is about to get slaughtered in 2018. if any of them want to stand a chance of staying in office they sure as shit need to obey their constituents.

strawman.jpg

>pretending like they're not already taking their piece with cable bills.

We already live in a world without net neutrality.

I very highly doubt this. Anyone paying attention sees Democrats as fucking tools. Pelosi Schumer Warren Waters and that gorilla nigger from Texas are all an embarrassment.

Because Congress can create laws and overpower the Executive branch.
Just as the President can do the same to them. Checks and Balances.

Think about what you just said.
>The GOP will lose the Congress in 2018
>But if they vote like Elizabeth Warren wants, they will win
>Their base will vote for them for embracing bigger government and more regulation
>And Dems will like them too
I mean, do you really believe any of that?

Derp

>GOP is about to get slaughtered in 2018.

that's because fox news told them to. DERP!

Well, yes, you could get a veto-proof bill out of the Senate, one voted up by the House.
Now be honest - Why didn't you do that in 2015, when there were more Dems on the hill, and a Dem president? It's because it wouldn't have passed then.

welcome to Sup Forums. stuck around a bit and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

This event actually happened

but not a country.

I've been here since the days when it had a rapidshare board, son.
It was a straw man.

>tfw a country that has designated shitting streets, where people literally shit in the streets, passes legislation in favour of Net Neutrality. Then they send Shit Pie over here to America to fucking castrate the very thing we invented.

What? You’re an idiot.

lol I'm surprised you're worried about this....

>when anyone who makes under 70k is about to get ssfucked by trump's tax raises

>derp i doubt this derp

>derp what just happened in Virginia Derp

>GOP strongholds swept blue DERP

>derp Pelosi isn't even running in 2018 derp

>fox news

That's a bad fake meme, given that the NY Times and the Wall St Journal, to name two examples from one group, are both behind paywalls.

you think government will be smaller if net neutrality is repealed? kek

Nothing will happen, shut up about this bullshit

I think government will be attempting to regulate one less human endeavor, yes.

To be honest I don't even care because there's no NN where I'm from

Obligatory December shooter go target the FCC please

huh?

Those paywalls are for your subscription to the site. That has nothing to do with the data access. You still need to pay the sight even after you've paid for access to the sight. The ad isn't for a subscription fee.

/thread

This

Literally, out of all the countless amounts of times we've seen or heard of the government trying to fuck with our internet, they either always fail, or the differences aren't even noticeable when they do pass.

People are too fucking dumb.

I'll buy Pathfinder, Playground and Marketplace.
My internet bill is 15 dollars.
This is the greatest deal ever!

So I have to pay more to access their content, which is fine.

Which again proves my point it's not a big issue. No net neutrality in most of the world and we're doing fine

my state lost personal health insurance (you know, for rich people) under trump's faggotry.

you think you're not going to feel trump's fuckery? fair enough, wait.

So let's just repeal the antitrust law too while we're at it. Brilliant!

If you actually want to shrink the FCC get them to stop regulating naughty words on TV. That's 99% of what they do.

One irony which Ajit Pai points out is that the mega-corporations like Twitter (valued at 13 billion) protesting throttling routinely choke out content they disagree with.

Get a load of richie rich over here

>I'm excited for lots of fees!

Oh no, Trump is a gigantic faggot who will ruin america, I agree with you, man. What I was simply saying is that it won't make a difference on the internet.

There are far more important shit to worry about. Like that tax bullshit.

slippery slope

>the internet as we know it over

Do you even speak English you fucking shill?

how horrible is that we will go back to the protections ALREADY in place before this bullshit passed? NOT AT ALL

fucking idiots

net neutrality rules that killed net neutrality
just the patriot act killed privacy
just like antifa are fascists

the name is to confuse the net neutrality rules were pushed by big business and globalists who want america as we know to just fucking die and all they care about is profit fuck the consumer or the american people

But why? Why the fuck are you fine with literally getting robbed?

valued at 10 billion, down from 40 billion just a few years ago.

the company has never made a profit.

considering your own website is completely different than a service provider censoring the entire internet.

I don't have Netflix and I don't pay to get behind paywalls. I'm just saying that people are already paying more for some content. And if it really is a la carte, I might actually pay a lot less.

Yes. Then they sued because they believed they were exempt from the rules as they did not technically apply to ISPs. Then NN was enshrined in law. Now the Pai wants to repeal that law. What do you think will happen next?

>Warning!
>Words you learned in your 9th grade debate class are not a substitute for actual debate!

I pay a fuckton for 150mbps internet. I don't pay to use sites that cost money. If my ISP tries to jack me for more, I'll switch. If everything else is more expensive, I'll unplug. It's not like food or shelter.

blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2014/11/24/alternative-internets-what-are-they-and-do-they-have-a-future/

We need to make another internet without Google, Comcast, Facebook, (internet service providers), etc...

An ISP that censored the whole internet would attract what customers?

>NN was enshrined in law.
No.

This.

Twitter, Facebook, and Google have for years been aggressively censoring content that clashes with their uberleftist politics. Somehow I doubt their support of Net Neutrality is due to a newborn interest in openness and freedom.

There were no protections in place before the courts backed up Obama's NN plan.

The ISP's were running amok which is the only reason current protections were put into place

Well then I guess we'll have to repeal all antitrust laws if we rescind one administrative ruling from 2 years ago. You win.

See

Told ya.

gotcha. Agreed, apologies.

i'm really worried about taxes too :/

all the best to you bro

Does cable TV attract consumers?

Fuck you