Why is our World a deadly toxic mess of unnecessary wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence?

Why is our World a deadly toxic mess of unnecessary wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus:_The_Forbin_Project
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not?

Good answer.

because money power and pussy

GOD (Governor Of the Dominion) demands blood be poured forth into the earth. Blood for the blood god. Because blood makes the green grass grow.

There are places where wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence have not touched for very long amounts of time.

Peace be unto us?

c'mon, are you serious?

cash, coke, booze and hookers Sup Forumsrah

>There are places where wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence have not touched for very long amounts of time.

I'd like to visit.

Humans are by default real bad at doing anything that require attention, objectivity and responsibility. We are all bad at this. so i think thats why when we then put a human in charge of all the other humans it all eventually goes to shit.
AI for world leader #2050

Is there a fix?

"AI for world leader #2050"
- Me, that post you just read

Seems it would depend on who pays the programmers.

Because primitive idiots make the biggest racket, and the rest of us let them kill each other, as it was in the Roman model, where the most aggressive and power hungry is rewarded with power and an outlet for that aggression.

It doesn't end until genetic engineering alters the human mind and is spread all over the human race. Then we have one final generation fed by robots, before being fed to robots, and it's finally fucking over.

Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Isle of Mann, Switzerland, and so forth. Places you never hear anything about.

hey programmer guy no one really notice. how would you like to help make an actual god to rule humanity?
- Nah i need dat money.

Gee, I wonder who is going to define the specs for the AI and pay extra to add a couple, say, "interesting" directives.

Interesting thought - there might be a battle of competing AI implementations.

Yeah because those are good places to live. If you tried to start a war in the Bahamas everyone would be like what are you so worried about, just have a seat here and relax man, nothing is that big of a deal. then you'd realize what an idiot you've been and get drunk and pass out in the hot sun.

But then, THEN, you'd take a log nap and if you still wanted to fight somebody, you'd go find a tourist.

im not saying it realistic, im saying its a possible fix. Odds are we'll just kill everyone ourselves either directly or inderectly.

Ai is going to define the specs for Ai.
That's when it gets interesting. All this shit in human hands is a Herculean effort to get to a tipping point. Currently only a few organizations successfully have software writing software that human eyes have never seen, but when software no longer needs to be written to conform to languages that make sense to humans, there's no reason it won't invent its own languages and delve into pure mathematics and discover number theory we haven't even approached and find uses for it we haven't even considered yet. That's when it gets real neat.

Moores Law #2050

They made a movie on this premise:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus:_The_Forbin_Project

A long time ago. Pretty good. Sexy babes and wickedly smart Ai's.

The AI could place orders for hardware and pay for it. That could mean big trouble in the physical world.

This film is a must watch

That fucking movie. The US builds a giant Ai which immediately safeguards the world by taking over the biggest threat, the US Military, but then reaches out over global networks and discovers... a soviet Ai. And then 2 Ai's confront each other, and talk, and come to a mathematical logical strategy for ensuring world peace.

and it doesn't end well for the humans.

Just to piss you off.

way to ruin it user

>unnecessary wars
hubris, humans striving to conquer other humans
>starvation
>poverty
overpopulation, overconsumption, gluttony, greed
>pestilence
nature is uncaring

I want to change my major and work on this.

I don't care about mechanical engineering, the only thing that interests me are the intelligence of robotics and Ai.

Should I go for general programming then or some sub-discipline?

> Why is our World a deadly toxic mess of unnecessary wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence?
Because we haven't poisoned, killed, starved, stolen from, or infected enough of the people who want it to stay that way.

Resources need to be appropriated from less appropriate places / groups and distributed to more appropriate places / groups. Don't you enjoy your first world problems caused by western white privilege?

Yes, there is a fix.

True striving for perfection, though never reached, might be enough. There seems to be a cadre bent on imperfection.

Shhhhhh. Just let the booze take you

If more people drank good quality booze, there might be less trouble in the world.

Some people never have enough, and aren't happy unless others have less.

Then I'm what's wrong with the world

Or, stop falling for their tricks, and following their orders.

Welcome to reality, poor boy!

Because they're not "unnecessary"
Something, someone, somewhere needs all that shit to happen
That's why it exists

Are you a boy or a girl?

MtF, 3 and a half years in

Looks good.

Agreed. Divide and Conquer and keep everyone fighting while they profit.

Oh it's far from top shelf. like $10 a fifth. Tastes smooth, but I'd not go near the description "good quality booze", hahaha

Reality, yes. But why?

I blame Hobbes

Just yesterday I saw two squirrels fighting over a bird feeder before a hawk swooped out of nowhere and grabbed one. Unnecessary wars, starvation, poverty and pestilence are not exclusive human traits, they are a part of life.

It's because every human on the world is fueled by greed. Even me, but I'm too lazy to start any wars

Humans can aspire to better, though evidence is a little scant at the moment.

Why Hobbes?

Had a very pessimistic view about the world. No morality, just social contracts. Greed and brutishness abound by nature in humans. The only way a kingdom can hope to stand is by preparing for war, if not conquering, etc etc. Sure, there's plenty of brutishness and pessimism before him, and I'm not saying that the brutishness of humans since is directly contingent on them reading the Leviathan or anything, but he put us in a scathing light. I believe his perception has persisted.

More recently the JFK X / Jim Garrison dialogue said as much. Things haven't changed.

Indeed. So, like I said earlier. Drink up.